“Acapulco is Safe! We love it at Torre Blanca!”

and 1 more site!
Torre Blanca Condominium
Ranked #93 of 168 Hotels in Acapulco
“Acapulco is Safe! We love it at Torre Blanca!”
Reviewed 5 April 2011

We go to Torre Blanca every year. Wonderful Timeshare/Hotel. Can not beat the view or the two pools. The rooms are spacious and updated. We get a two bedroom with a full kitchen and two bathrooms. Great buy for the money. We love being able to walk to the village for groceries. Local people are great. We felt very safe. As we told people, Acapulco has much less problems than most major US cities. Should be a travel advisory for the USA!!

We went out to local restaurants and into Acapulco at night. We did take cabs, not local buses. You do need to be careful about flashing alot of money or gold, but it's much safer than Barcelona was last fall! Torre Blanca provides free safes, and we use them.

Do NOT rent a car in Mexico. Not a good idea! Cabs are reasonable and easily accessible. Just agree to a price before you get in.

Room Tip: We send an email ahead to ask for white buildin.
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank csloat

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Northern CA
Reviewed 3 April 2009

I was invited to join my mom, and her husband, on an Acapulco vacation. She made an Interval Travel timeshare exchange. Mexico wouldn't be my first choice for a vacation at the present time, but a vacation is a vacation! Okay, first the bad news. Torre Blanca is located above a poor neighborhood where you don’t want to be roaming around at night, and it’s a $10 cab ride to Acapulco Bay. Those two things put me off right away. I never thought I would last a week. However, the good news is that the place did grow on me. It's certainly not the ritzy place I have ever stayed (as far as the room décor goes), but after being down in Acapulco Bay during the day, it was nice to get back, and out of the hustle and bustle. Torre Blanca is set on the hillside and the views are awesome. I can't say enough about food at the hotel restaurant, or the friendly staff. It was the best in all of Acapulco, and at a reasonable price. I miss the food already. I can say that as we went to a couple upscale restaurants too. (I would highly recommend the Kookaburra). The Pina Calada at the Torre Blanca pool bar was the best I ever tasted. No lie! AND more good news is that only a short cab ride away is the Fairmont Princess Resort, where you can find all the Ritz your heart desires. We enjoyed the beach cabanas at the Princess. I was glad I decided to go. It turned out to be a fabulous week. Thanks Mom!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Norcaltraveler83
California
Reviewed 17 March 2009

When I was invited to accompany a friend and her family to their longtime vacation spot, I inquired as to how the days might be passed. The reply I got was "lying by the pool". That is not my customary vacation - I like to see and do things, sample local cuisines and meet local people. But I decided to go anyway - a free vacation is still a free vacation! - and I actually enjoyed myself. The pool, first of all, is quite lovely and exquisitely maintained, as is the hotel/condo in general. We stayed in an updated room, which was adequate, if rather brown/tan. Just focus on the view, out the window, from the pool - it's one of the best I've ever seen! Staff are all courteous, although it bothered me that they'd obviously been instructed to greet guests with "hola" rather than the appropriate time of day greeting. The restaurant is truly outstanding, with the best pico de gallo I've ever eaten, and fairly reasonable prices, considering that most of the clientele probably never ventures to eat at the 20-30 restaurants within walking distance. My big caveat has to do with their money changing services. At a time when the exchange rate was 15 pesos to the dollar, they were offering 13. Shame on them for that, but you can catch a taxi outside the front desk at any time and easily go to a bank that will give you a fair rate.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank anthrocat1
Calgary
Reviewed 3 March 2009

The Torre Blanca has an awesome view and a beautiful pool area. The building is old and very outdated. Our unit had worn furniture and uncomfortable beds. This unit had one redeeming quality and that was the deck. Everything in the unit was outdated. It seriously needed a good clean and decorating. The staff didn't appear to be enjoying there jobs. Especially Nancy in the small shop. It was a effort for her to be polite. This was our beach time of a three week vacation in Mexico. We found the location a long expensive cab ride to Acapulco.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank petitsyrahsyrah

Travellers are raving about these Acapulco hotels

Reviewed 19 January 2009

We have been going to Torre Blanca for over 20 years. We own in the Royal Aloha, which has 65 units. About half are totally remodeled, and many others are updated. Always ask for updated. Bar Lanai run by Miguel is great. Prices have not increased for years. Seafood excellent. Baked potatoes are to die for. Ceviche was fantastic. Drinks and dessert are very reasonable.
Oscar has many tours run by english speaking locals, including trips to Walmart on Sat & Mondays.
Puerto Marquez is poor but lovely. Local people are charming and honest. Easy cab or bus ride into Senor Frog, Carlos & Charlie, Costa Nostra, etc.

Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank csloat
texas
Reviewed 15 July 2008

Hotel is very old and the rooms do not appear to be updated in the last 30 years. Many unused rooms on the lobby floor which should be converted into a game room and or/exercise facilitites for guests. The hotel does not offer any of these, ( 1 ping pong table and 2 broken exercise bikes). The view is beautiful, but the hotel sits on a hill wilth about 150 steps to the beach below. Not recommended for older travelers, (my mother joined us and could not make the trip down). Pool was great and restaurant very convenient with decent prices. We had Oscar as our guide on a couple of tours and we found him very friendly and helpful.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — the rooms
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Peterborough
Reviewed 10 April 2008

Quite nice considering the building is over 30 years old...there were some problems with the air conditioning as it is very old....no washing machine, cooking utensils were sparse and cheap.the location is great overlooking beautiful Puerto Marques Bay and the lovely natural almost third world town...laced with cocnut trees, mango tres, exotic birds, warm sun, sea air, nice pool close to beach and quaint restaurants...not overyl commercialized by and stretch.the tours run by Oscar were a little disappoointing as as the guides are not professionally trained and take you to sites that they are in cahoots with to sell silver.The guides just talk off the top of their heads and should have formal training as a guide or art history

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gorgepook