“A Place To Disconnect and Enjoy The View”
other travellers have booked this property
Your view from your door.
The terrace that faces the sea(This is where you will site to eat your meals & enjoy the ocean view) Your view of the Bay of Acapulco from the pool at Night!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Your view from your door.
Your view of the Bay of Acapulco from the pool at Night!
Crystal clear pool.
The Master Suite (792 square feet)
Master Suite.
Master Suit view.
Master Suite window view.
Cactus room.
Ocean room.
Sun room.
Sun room bathroom.
A place to Relax.
Sitting area on the terrace.
Private access to the Ocean and Dock where boats can pick you up or drop you off .
The rocks where the Virgin of Guadalupe  is under water. You can see her on a glass bottom boat.
Our friendly staff, Rosa (chef), Santiago (bartender), Juan (house manager) they are here for you.
Incredible food, like Huevos Rancheros.
Sopes with beans, avocado, and cheese with folded eggs and bacon.
Thi coconut Shrimp with basil.
Kitchen and cooking Calendar
Whirlpool range with oven.
Kitchen Wall.
Kitchen window.
Entomatadas which is chicken tomato wrapped in fresh tortillas.
Rosa's Rose ... Rosa's Rosa!!! Shrimp with jamaica sauce.
Panko fried fish with tangy mango side.
Poblano chili cream soup with fried tortilla.
The local boats.
Sailing.
A regatta off in the distance.
Sweet Korean Chile Jumbo Shrimp, a great balance between sweet and spicy.
Sweet Carrots with Rice.
Mango Chicken with Chipotle Chile, and a  cream saffron sauce. The mangoes are from my tree here.
A Spanish Tapa, made with olives, pin nuts, corn, olive oil, etc...served with Blue  Corn Crackers.
Shrimp Vinegar salad.
Our Garden.
Our garden.
Entry court yard.
Beautiful garden for Yoga, Thi Chi, Meditation.
Mexican Slow roasted beef with beans and tortillas.
A traditinal Acapulcanian soup made with Pork and Panella Cheese.
French toast with Eggs and Bacon.
Dorado fish roll with rice.
Rolled Pork Loin with fresh corn.
Chicken with Rice.
Whether it's in the Evening...
Or during the Night...come enjoy the ACAPULCO of the 1940s with us...
Your view at night for supper from the terrace.
Breakfast Burrito with black beans sauce.
Tomato Salad with Watermelon water.
Fresh tomatoes with Mozzarella.
Vegetarian tortilla wrap with corn, zucchini, green pepper and egg plant.
Fresh White fish wrapped in Piper auritum, with grilled potatoes with shitake mushrooms.
Tostaditas de Cazon, aka School Shark little tostadas, with fresh coconut milk water on ice.
Pork with apple and a side of spinach.
A folded fluffy Alcapulcanian Omelet, with fesh squeezed from the fruit, grapefruit juice
Fresh Mahimahi from the market, never frozen, with an avocado sauce, green spinach salad and rice.
Zucchini cream Enchilada
Swordfish with salad, baby potatoes, and rice.
Vietnamese Chile Shrimp.
All American Breakfast.
The path down to the ocean.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
EJM1970
Mexico City, Mexico
“A Place To Disconnect and Enjoy The View”
Reviewed 15 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Tranquil, charming, lost in time and oozing a sense of history and a place that has been enjoyed as a family get-away for decades - that is how I can best describe this uniquel place. For the same price as a hotel room you get lots space, cool ocean breezes and a private pool. Santiago will make sure that you never want for anything seeing to drinks and snacks throughout the day and if you choose to add-on Rosa’s exceptional cooking you will not be disappointed. Juan will also help with shopping and other local information.

We hired Rosa for breakfast almost daily for our two week stay and for some lunches. Her chilaquiles are quite possibly the best I have ever eaten and her ability to provide a range of delicious dishes left me in awe.

All three of the team are exceptionally friendly and welcoming. What a bonus for a holiday rental!

The views from the whole house are spectacular and the pool area is set apart from the house adding to the sense of space. Perfect for unwinding. I loved being in the pool at dusk to watch the bats emerging from the trees and skimming down to sip the water. On a moonlit night, it really was very special. Add to that the nightly visits from mapaches and you get a sense of the tranquility and natural environment.

You have to note that the house is in old Acapulco; the soul of Acapulco that does show her age, locally there are some options to eat, a great taco stand and the Boca Chica hotel which we ate at several times and is of good qulity. To access other places, a bus or taxi will take you to La Costera and Las Brisas area which are about 30-45 minutes away. You are minutes from La Quebrada, the cliff divers, which we chose to watch from a yacht that we rented for the day and cruised around Acapulco Bay and Puerto Marques. It was also great to see the house and neighbouring properties from an ocean view as we passed by!

The owners were very helpful and responsive to all questions and I would say read the description of the property as you get a clear picture of how it is. The beds are comfy and the furnishings ideal for lounging around and disconnecting from the world. The pictures do not do it justice!

22 Apr 2018
We are so happy that you enjoyed our slice of paradice. It is truly a magical space indeed. Juan, Rosa, and Santiago are defiantly part of the magic. Thank you for describing aspects that quite often I forget to mention, like siting in the pool at dusk, and watching the night life come out, and the raccoons that come to visit with their babies, with their little bandit masks on. :0) We look forward to sharing our Acapulco with you again in the future.
Morelos19...
Cuernavaca, Mexico
“A wonderous magical place to recharge one's personal batteries”
Reviewed 6 March 2018 for a stay in March 2017

Twice my family and I have stayed here and twice we have have succumbed to the magic of the place. After years of staying in hotels in the Acapulco area we decided to try our hand at renting a house and have yet to regret the decision. The staff are wonderful, constantly providing support and facilitating a relaxing holiday. Hiring Rosa was the best thing we did. She is a creative, wonderful cook and knows how to prepare fish and seafood that melts in one's mouth! Juan graciously took the stress of on-site planning out of our hands by doing all our errands and helping connect us to activities the kids would enjoy. Santiago ensured that none of us were thirsty and even kept an eye on the ice level! The owner Alexei, was helpful, kind and considerate. He was always understanding of last minute requests and helped troubleshoot any and all questions and concerns I had, patiently and with humour. Our deposit has always been returned in a timely fashion, we never had any trouble with wifi and the house is comfortable, the furniture is easy to curl-up in and the staff are happy to do the dishes. I love this place and will continue to return for a long time!

22 Apr 2018
We are overjoyed that you have come and shared our paradise twice. Juan, Rosa, and Santiago are a cornerstone of the magic that is Villa Beteta. Yes, Rosa is a true master on how to prepare seafood. As an executive chef / owner of my own restaurant in Mexico City, I can without hesitation trust her to cook anything, and for her to do it at the highest level of skil and sensibility. We look forward to having you as our guests in the near future. Cheers, Alexei and Tania
Caro_enri...
Mexico City, Mexico
“The best place in Acapulco”
Reviewed 28 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

I super recommend this wonderful house, everything was perfect: the location transport you to the bucolic 50's in Acapulco. The house have all service, and have been decorated with a very good taste. One of my favorite is the outside very long dinner table, but the pool is great also, not so large not so short not so deep. I recommend too hire the house staff, they have made our days climb to the next level. Rosa is an extraordinary cooker, she can do everything you ask her, Juan will can shop every single thing for you and Santiago can made the best Margaritas and Pinas Coladas in the world. My friends and I have spent a very beautiful and relaxing days, I'll back for sure.

29 May 2017
Thank you Caro. We are so happy to hear that you and your friends had an incredibly memorable experience. You and your friends we polite, and respectful to my staff and The Villa. You are all welcome to return at any time. Thank you, Alexei and Tania
Richard B
“An affordable paradise.”
Reviewed 23 May 2017 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

What a great experience. A beautiful house with a great view to the bay. The place is beautifully decorated and every room has all the amenities. It has a great pool with a nice view of the ocean and its lighting changes color. The personnel is amazing, very kind and friendly. The cook is amazing, ranging from traditional Mexican dishes to really diverse seafood dishes. The helper/waiter/bartender mixes an spectacular Margarita, and makes other great drinks. He made sure that we didn't were missing anything.
Overall great experience at a really nice price.

23 May 2017
Thank you so much Richard. My staff so enjoyed having you and you guests their. You were all so polite and always had an appetite, which makes my chef very happy. Yea the pool is pretty cool with the changing light colours. Hope you guys got to experiment with alll the different patterns. I like lighting only 1/2 the pool, and have it cycle through the dark blues and reds very slowly. Makes for a very dramatic and cozy feeling, and you can then see all the stars looking down at you. You and your guests are always welcome to return, my staff and I would be happy to receive you. Cheers
Jeff B
“Wonderful Family Experience and Fantastic Staff”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

We had a wonderful several days with our family over new years 2016/2017. The home is beautiful, with private access to the water and a great infinity-edge swimming pool. While there may be more modern homes available, the stand out BY FAR of this home is the amazing staff. Rosa cooked all of our meals, and every one was delicious. She was also very accommodating and sat with us on the first night of our arrival and planned all of the meals according to what we'd like to eat, what was fresh, etc. She went to the market every morning to get the freshest fish and ingredients. I can't say enough about her wonderful home cooking. She and the staff also set the table beautifully and cleaned up and did the dishes after each meal - this makes such a huge difference over a condo where you have to cook and clean yourself!

Santiago was our bartender for the whole trip, and just like at a hotel was always ready to mix a fresh drink or help you in any way he could. He also helped serve meals. A few times he ran down the street to get us supplies from the store. He had a great attitude and always a great big smile. Really a joy.

The home is spacious, with nearly all of the living area outside on a huge covered patio overlooking the ocean from high above. Each bedroom is private with its own bath, including one very large master. As you can see in the photos, the furnishings are simple, and overall the house reflects "Old Acapulco", but in a very homey and comfortable way. This is a place you feel really at ease and can put your feet up.

About 90 steps take you down to the ocean. There is not a sand beach, but there is a platform with a ladder and a great rocky coastline with great opportunity for swimming and snorkeling. There were lots of fish to see and the kids (and adults) had a great time swimming and floating. Access to easy swimming in the ocean wasn't clear in the property description, but turned out to be one of the highlights.

(Also, the photos make this property seem really dark - it's not - it's all very open and each bedroom has large windows open to the ocean)

This was a wonderful place for our family-friendly vacation. We had seven adults and 5 kids (age 10-18) and everyone had a fantastic time. We never left the house!

Ethel C
Hoboken, NJ
“Old Acapulco”
Reviewed 27 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

We had a perfect vacation at this house with amazing sea views and impeccable service from the staff. Food was as good as described, made by Doña Rosa. And yes, Santiago's frozen margaritas and piña coladas are delicious.
But what really distinguishes this property is that it is in a part of Acapulco that has not been developed into tall buildings, which is rare. The house was probably built in the 40s or 50s, and has been updated and redecorated in a fun artsy style. No AC (just numerous fans), so you live outdoors at the terrace with spectacular panoramic views of the bay, and where the dining and living areas are located.
There is direct access to the ocean, through some steps, and you can jump in for swimming into calm waters that are also nice for snorkeling. This direct access is hard to find in private beach houses. Also an easy swim to the Boca Chica hotel which is also an old but nicely renovated boutique hotel with good restaurant.
Lastly, if you come to Acapulco during holidays beaches can be packed, and here we really felt we could stay away from the crowds.

nikkih421
Nauvoo, Illinois
“Great views - just like pictures show”
Reviewed 14 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

We really didn't know what to expect from the pictures but the house is exactly as the pictures show. The view is gorgeous (and close) and the house is very well kept up.

Rosa is an excellent chef that went all out with the meals. She made sure she cooked per our health and dislike preferences while making sure everything we had was very flavorful. Also, our rental car broke down and Rosa went out of her way to try to help us with the rental agency. They weren't very cooperative but the next day Alexei started helping us too and we were finally able to get a new rental.

Santiago makes wonderful margarita's and was also very helpful with our questions. Someone ran into our mirror on the new rental and Santiago went with my husband to a place he knew where he could get a new mirror put in for very cheap.

We only had two people but the place could easily accommodate 4 couples with a lot of privacy and plenty of room to get away from each other. The main bedroom has a smaller bedroom attached so a family with kids could stay there and feel assured their kids were safe.

The pool is almost 20 stairs down from the living quarters so we didn't go down there as much as we would have liked with my husbands health problems. I had no problem navigating the stairs. But that could be an issue for many people. It was far enough away I wouldn't let kids go down there by themselves without an adult having to go down the stairs also.

The ocean was down many not so easy to climb stairs. Again, I didn't have a problem with it but my husband only went down once. I wouldn't be going up and down the stairs often even tho I don't have a problem with it because it was quite the trek to get to the ocean. I wish we would have had life vests so we could have used the ocean while down there. We might have gone down again if we had.

I found myself many days and evenings just relaxing on the hammocks reading - it was very peaceful out there.

There aren't any TV's or radio's so if you want music you will need to bring your own. But it is nice just listening to the ocean and the occasional tour boat go by.

Internet was wonderful - I expected service to be slow and in and out but we had nice fast connection the whole time. My husband watched a few shows on his tablet while we were there.

The house is also very close to all the hubbub of Acapulco. Most things you would need could be in walking distance.

It was a great relaxing trip and I would recommend the house to anyone. Especially if you are a couple/family that like to vacation with other couples/families. Everyone was very helpful and accommodating from when we first found the property online and had questions until we were back home.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: outside open living area
Liked least: I did feel like a guest instead of it feeling like my home - but that's a personal choice of not caring for staff to be around
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing