“Hated the Service and the People who worked there.”

Acabay Hotel & Beach Club
Ranked #48 of 167 Hotels in Acapulco
Chicago
“Hated the Service and the People who worked there.”
Reviewed 30 January 2008

In mid september 2007, my family and i went to Acapulco and stayed on this so called 4 star hotel....My Mom a diabetic and 69 year old fell in the suite and since she was the one that had the only key that was given to us, well nobody was able to get in to help her, i went to the reception area to ask the receptionist is she had another key and with a very rude attitude she told me that in order for them to provide us with another key we needed to turn in the key that we given to us.......well we couldn't do that because my mom had the key INSIDE the room..room that we were trying to get in....after arguing with her she finally gave us the SPARE key which DID NOT open the room, then the bellboy got another key which DID NOT open the door either.....at this point my husband and my brother were about to bring the door down when finally amost 2 hours later after they finally found the ervice lady she brought in the KEY that finally opened the door. My mom after being on the floor for almost 2 hours couldn't move and we had to call in an ambulance that couldn't bring the gurnee up tp the room because it didn't fit in the elevator. I asked for a wheelchair to bring my mom downstairs to get her to the ambulance but very rude the receptionist advised us that they didn't have any wheelchairs in the hotel. Finally the paramedict and my husband were able to bring my mom downstairs and as the put her inthe gurnee right off the elevator THE MANAGER passed right by us without even asking what had happened...OUT OF COURTESY....or just plain curiosity to see if somebody was really injured or maybe death...NOPE he just passed right by us..After spending almost 7000 pesos in hospital bills, the next day i went to talk to the manager which right away told us that it wan't the hotel's fault that my mom had fallen...EXCUSE ME i never said it was the hotel's fault that my mom fell, i Only told him that i wasn;t blaming them for my mom's falling i was blaming them for not being able to open the door for almost 2 HOURS...they din't have a GOOD SPARE key...only the service lady had one, but the receptionist had 2 extra keys that DIDN'T open the door. The doctor stated that my mom didn't break anything but because of so much time passing without getting her up she dislocated her knee and had to wear a temporary cast for the reast of the month. All of this could of been prevented if the hotel had AN EXTRA KEY..What's worst, not even an Im sorry did we get from the inept manager, let alone anykind of reimbursement or even a free food cupon....NOTHING..When i asked the managet for the name of the Owner/owners he din't tell me the name...i told him that i was going to somehow going to let the owner know what kind of people he has working there...I have called several times to call the owner but somehow the inept manager intercepts my calls and up until now i have not gotten a call back with an apology. That was my worst experience ever and thanks to that my family (the one that every year used to go there) and i will never go back to that piece of property..... He brought in an "Ajustador" (the malpractice Insurance representative) to which i gave all of the hospital receipts and told me that he was going to get back to me in a couple of days....it's been more than 4 months and i haven't heard from him...uhhhm i wonder why, or even if he was a real representative.too bad i didn't have any more time left there otherwise i would of put a serious lawsuit.

Stayed September 2007