Just got back from vacationing there with my husband. The weather was FABULOUS!! We booked through Apple vacations, first time with them. It was a good experience. We did have a separate check-in and they hosted a beach dinner, they did a great job on that AWESOME FOOD!! It ranked right up there with the other restaurant's we visited outside the resort. I do have to recommend going to the steak and seafood restaurant right across the street from the Barceló. I cant remember the name of the place it started with "Don...." It was fabulous!!
As for the resort itself, don't go in with high expectations, because you will be very disappointed. You go for the sun and sand, and that is what you get! Very safe place to visit.
Only faults were, the adult pool was attached to the kids pool.(they only have one big pool) So there was no separation. They do need more shade down by the beach.
I never thought that Captain Morgan and Absolute Vodka would be a 'premium' drink, but they were. But they did have Bacardi....mmmmmm.
We would defiantly
go back to this resort. We wanted small and that is what we got. Didn't need to take a 'train' to get to the beach like you do for a lot of the newer resorts. We meet a lot of people that have stayed their multiple times so that is always good to hear.
We went on the bay tour, which was great-booked with Apple vacations. snorkeling was great. the tour guides brought up sea life for you to touch and hold. Like sea 'cucumbers' and blow fish. stopped at the beach for lunch. Had to pay for that, but the food was pretty darn good. On the way back saw sting rays, and humpback whales. The captain brought us right up to them.
That alone was worth the trip. So if you want small, quiet, safe and family friendly. I would highly recommend this place. Just remember, don't go in with high expectations...We also meet a lot of people from our neck of the woods which was great to DRINK and eat with them as well.
The Foreston couple
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Huatulco invites you to experience the hottest new resort All Inclusive location in Mexico without the hustle and bustle of a big city. Huatulco Bays is quickly becoming a key tourist Mexico beach attraction, offering well-preserved natural landscapes combined with luxury accommodations. This resort is well-positioned in the center of a cove, overlooking dazzling golden beaches and the sapphire blue waters of the Pacific Ocean. Live your dream vacation as you bury your feet in the sand, sip a cool drink and watch the waves roll onto shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Huatulco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Huatulco Beach Hotel Huatulco
- Barcelo Huatulco Beach Resort
- Barcelo Resort