Dreams Huatulco is a beautiful resort. We brought 50 plus guests with us to this resort to celebrate our wedding. Every guest enjoyed themselves and said the venue was perfect. We enjoyed the resort as well however were not at all happy with the wedding amenities provided.
Here is a quick list of problems we had....
- upon check in the front desk refused us a wedding upgrade. We were told these would be available free of charge with the wedding package we bought as long as there was availability.....concierge said we would have to pay for the upgrade
- we received the wrong flowers the day of the wedding.....couldn't do anything about it because the wedding was at 5pm and I only saw my bouquet at 3pm. We even gave a picture of the flowers we wanted and they still were wrong
- the cocktail hour did not have enough seats for all of our guests....the hotel knew how many people were coming....why wouldn't there be enough seats? I even mentioned to the wedding coordinator about 3 hours before the wedding that I noticed there were not enough chairs and she assured me that they just were not done setting up yet.......they never added more chairs.
- during the ceremony there were random people walking down the aisle as the bride was also walking down the aisle. We had been assured that the area would be private for us and that nobody else would have access.
- wedding decorations were not right. We ordered 7 Japanese Tripods and only received 3....among other problems with decorations
- We received the wrong cake. We had 3 cakes to chose from with the ultimate wedding package and we advised which one we wanted. We ended up getting a completely different cake that was not pretty at all.....it looked very cheap! When I discussed this with the wedding coordinator she said the staff at the bakery was new and made a mistake....this is unacceptable. This is a wedding....I was paying a lot of money for accuracy! We also received a lot of complaints for our guests that they never received wedding cake at their tables when it was being served.
- the sound system was not very good. We paid money to rent the sound system for our dance and you could hear crackling of the speakers....
- we also had a problem getting our photos and wedding video. We had to get our travel agent involved from Canada in order to get the video. We probably would have never received the video had it not been for our travel agent. The wedding coordinator ignored our emails once we were back in Canada enquiring about the wedding video as did the photographer.
Anyways getting married at Dreams was a rip off. The costs were very high and the quality of the wedding that we received was definitely sub par. The other thing that amazed me was that were the only wedding at the resort for the 2 weeks that we were there. How on earth could there be so many problems when the wedding staff only had our wedding to plan and implement?
I would recommend going here for a vacation with your spouse or your family as the resort is beautiful and amenities are nice but............DO NOT GET MARRIED HERE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular resort offering 421 luxurious rooms and suites, 6 shimmering outdoor pools, 6 restaurants and 6 bars, SPA & fitness center and endless activities for couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Huatulco Hotel Huatulco
- Dreams Huatulco Resort And Spa
- Dreams Hotel Huatulco
- Gala Huatulco
- Gala Beach Resort Huatulco
- Gala Resort Huatulco Mexico