“Beautiful Resort!”

Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Huatulco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and only left the resort twice. Overall, we had an amazing trip. We were greeted with cucumber drinks when we arrived at the resort and we sat down with Mario to discuss our room. Our room wasn't ready yet and we learned that even though we booked our vacation through Apple Vacations and had reserved the complimentary honeymoon package through them, we weren't staying in the "right" room for the honeymoon package. Mario was still able to have (complimentary) flowers and a bottle of wine delivered to our room. We ended up waiting for just over 4 hours after our arrival at the hotel for our room to be ready. This room was not the room we were supposed to have but they didn't want us to wait any longer. We were supposed to have a partial ocean view room which we did not have. We had a view of a pool and the restaurant Himitsu. We sat through the timeshare presentation in exchange for a discount on the couples massage. The massage retailed at about $200 but cost us $50. The couples massage including a steam room, water massage and either a deep tissue or swedish massage. I got the swedish and my husband got the deep tissue. We were both happy with the massage. All of the room service is free and they stock your refrigerator in your room for free. The employees are all very friendly and helpful. We did the Waterfalls excursion which was fun. It is about a 1.5 hour drive each way to get there but you visit a coffee plantation, a butterfly house ($4 extra) and the waterfalls. It is a lot of walking to and from the waterfalls. The infinity pools at the resort are amazing, everything is very well kept and clean, it was an all around wonderful trip. I would definitely recommend this resort. This is more of a family resort so there were a lot of kids. The resort also provides kayaking, snorkeling and sailing equipment for free on the beach. One last thing, feed the fish at the far end of the resort by the bar and big rocks! You can take bread out from the cafe and they will swim right up to your feet at the beach, especially in the morning. The Iguanas like to be fed bananas out in the same bar area.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are the best but all of the rooms are well kept and amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fernando R, Manager at Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Huatulco. We appreciate you have taken the time to share your feedback and comments; we take very serious every review received through this forum as this helps us identify the areas of improvement, in order to provide excellent service to all our guests.

We look forward to be able to welcome you home to serve you once again in a near future.

Have a great day!

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,647)

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Wwe were greater with cucumber drinks. Which were fantastic. Most of us (30) people attending got into rooms with on. Half hr. Can complain with a few hrs of being there, we were told we needed to go to a briefing.. They were trying to sell the tours and what not...we ended partaking I the coffee trip ( not worth it) the town tour( was ok, but a $4 taxi ride and yu would walk to town yrself) the boat tour with snorlking was worth every penny. Head we known we would have spent more time on that tour, maybe even doing it a few times. We stopped at a beach restaurant . Seemed like there was two sets of menus. Very xpnsive however locals ordered trays of the most expensive items. Only had one person get sick. He ate th raw oysters. Sick for 3 days. Other than that it was an awesome trip.. So awesome we are planning another trip, this time with our children in march

Room Tip: We had a room just ff the adult pool and to me it was perfect, sill close to the man pool but had so...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nickl4050
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were there for 5 days, 4 adults and a 7 year old kid. It has its exclusive beach front and all the amenities you could expect for an all inclusive hotel, excellent rooms with ac, the beach, clean, the service and in general is excellent. The pools are ok but being at the beach who cares, right? The only thing I could warn you from is that they try to sell you this share time and can be annoying in doing so. Go there during low season, not in Semana Santa, and try to avoid also the summer peaks.

Room Tip: Avoid peak and high seasons, it can be overcrowded.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This place is nothing else than expected. What surprises me is that with similar prices to the nearby Secrets, rooms are of lower quality, front desk attention is poorer and overall it feels like an 'old' all inclusive (Barcelo...). We booked two rooms, one for three ppl and the other for two. The three people room was not available (which completely throws away the point of advanced reservations), so we were not offered an acceptable solution and had to pay the upgrade to preferred club (by the way, it isn't worth it); we were not advised that we were losing the in-room jacuzzi and extra space all for an ocean view (ridiculous). Anyway, the up side was the spa and remarkable service from a few waiters.

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Luis M
Fernando R, Manager at Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Huatulco. We appreciate you have taken the time to share your feedback and comments; we take very serious every review received from our guests as this helps us identify the areas of improvement, in order to provide excellent service to all our guests.

We are very trilled to read that we could not meet your expectation, excellent services is our mail goal, we thank you again for your comments about the resorts which help us a lot to improve our service,

Have a Great Day!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed in this resort for my brother's wedding. My room was beautiful, had a view of the pools and ocean, even though I didn't pay the extra for this. Room is kept tidy all the time, has hot water, constantly restocked mini fridge and air conditioning as long as your sliding door is shut, as well as TV and wifi. The service of ALL THE STAFF is exceptional. Concierge is helpful, cleaners are friendly, servers are happy to help. Food is great and plentiful - the Mexican restaurant is by far the most delicious! You are never far from a bar or a happy face. There are a few pools, one for adults only which is nice. Plenty of bars close to the pools and the beach, and also people who walk up and down the beach to serve you drinks - please tip them, they work hard for this money! Plenty of clean towels, bottled water everywhere, the cafe has yummy coffee and anything will do anything for you, provided you ask. There is food available 24/7 including delicious room service. It is a bit daunting when you see the price tag but as soon as you stay, you realise it is worth it.

Room Tip: Don't waste money on ocean view rooms, you are barely in your room and my view (non ocean view...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank hayleyshannon
Fernando R, Manager at Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Dreams Huatulco. Thank you very much for taking the time to share such positive experience. It is very satisfying to receive kind words from our guests. Rest assured that your comments are very important to us and for all our staff.

It was an honor of delighting you and we hope that you are able to make it back home again. Dreams family shall all be waiting!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed there the week of june 20-27, 2014.
This place is amazing in so many ways.
Fresh food everyday , 3 times a week. Unlimited drinks and bottled cold water all can ask for. Very clean rooms. Rooms were cleaned twice a day, which i haven't experienced before.
Nice staff at cafeterias at the pool side. Always offering drinks and making sure that everything is going well.
But, the best part was entertaining crew. Those guys are AMAZING!!!!!!! They would get there so early in the morning
With a big smile on. Greeting all of the guests. Entertain thru out the whole day. They made sure we are having a great time. Water aerobics, Zumba, water polo, beach volleyball, bingo, great night shows and etc. My family and I enjoyed the entire time. Alejandra, is the sweetest young lady we met last week. She approached my 5 year old daughter during a karaoke night. She picked her up , sang and danced with her. She made our vacation so much more pleasant and all my kids fell In love with her. And the rest if the entertaining crew were as amazing. Full of energy and smiles and greetings! My kids are counting days until our next trip to you guys! Well done! Definitely, recommend this hotel!!!
You got my 10 stars out of 10!
See you next summer

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Belyana

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Dreams Huatulco. It gives us great satisfaction to learn about such positive experience at our resort. Our entertainment staff try their best to make sure all our guests feel right at home. We are glad you enjoyed all our resorts has to offer.

We certainly hope you are able to relive the Dreams experience once more in the near future.
Thank you for having chosen us and for giving us the chance of taking care of you. Looking forward to welcome you home soon.

Have an excellent afternoon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We bought our trip because there was a special promotion through Apple Vacations and also because there was a weekly non-stop flight from LAX. The resort, the rooms, and the food are pretty good. They also offer gluten free and also special needs diet items on their menus. However, I would rate them as four stars by Cancun standards. The staff are very friendly and one feels that they are genuinely trying their best to provide great service, and they usually do a good job. Most of the employees do speak some English at the basic level, and I do speak some rudimentary Spanish. Between my bad Spanish and their English, I was usually able to communicate ok. Except, during my first day of stay I went to the seafood restaurant, and I ordered the day's special, without understanding what I was ordering. Then, the server came and told me that that dish costs $22, but could not explain what the dish was or why there was a charge. So, I did not eat there and left. The next day I asked the front desk representative, who spoke English well, what that $22 dish was. She told me that the resort serves lobster and it is not included in the all inclusive menu, and this is the only food item that the resort charges for. Then, someone told me that I had $200 resort credit, so I could use the credit to purchase the lobster dinner. However, I did not order lobster dinner because it has high cholesterol, which I try to avoid. The hotel and the rooms seemed to be very clean. However, I saw a cockroach running on a stairwell and we also saw and killed a small cockroach in our room's bathroom. This is why I did not rate their cleanliness as excellent. The beach is nice, but the water has some moderate waives and the water gets deep very fast. I had no problems with swimming at the beach. However, one needs to watch, and catch the right moment of the waives while trying to enter and get out of the water. Some people who were not careful at the break line, such as by being distracted by a conversation, sometimes were hit by a waive and fell down in the water. One should have at least intermediate swimming skills to swim at the beach. There are some vendors at the beach who try to sell some nick nicks, but once you tell them you are not interested they usually leave you alone. Except, there was one person who constantly kept bothering us with his offers of fishing trips, and other services. The hotel has daily activities, nightly movie screenings, live shows and also live singers at one of the bars. The entertainment is good. Also, there is free internet in the rooms, which is a big plus. There are also several pools at the hotel, and they are nice, but not too deep. The best thing that I liked about the resort and the beach is that they are not very crowded.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends