“BEST Vacation ever!”

Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 47 Hotels in Huatulco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I wanted to thank Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa for the best vacation I had in my life. Service was superb. Hotel is great. Weather was amazing. Our trip was really fabulous and staying in this wonderful hotel just heightened our experience. All employees were professional and hard working. Hotel looked clean and well taken care of. Food was delicious in all restaurants and drinks very potent :-) I recommended this hotel to my friends and I am definitely planning to come back next year. 5 Stars!!!!!! Thank you again for this wonderful experience.

Room Tip: We were offered free room upgrade and got an ocean front room!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mashabrook
Fernando R, Manager at Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest. We highly appreciate your gracious comments here and have shared it with our team.
Thank you once for giving us the chance to serve you here in Dreams Huatulco, where we will be waiting for you very soon.

Room division Manager

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the month of August. I noticed the atmosphere was different than month of April when we went last year. It is more tropical in August. The majority of vacationers are Spanish. April is majority Canadian. I love both months and their differences. The food was great as always. I went on trip advisor to find the best fisherman. I got tinossportfishing.com. He was great. Caught 5 Bonita's and four sailfish. But do not expect sailfish come this easy all the time. The rooms were kept clean staff was excellent. I wish the internet reached down to the beach chairs. The internet was sufficient but slowed down at night when everyone got on it. Room service was excellent. The views are priceless. UVC staff was friendly, fun and helpful. From spending a year working like a slave, I can not imagine a better resort to unwind, spend well deserved family time, and just relax. See ya next years Dreams. Thanks for the hospitality and memories.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank botfly1
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Dreams Resort and Spa for 7 nights. The employees were wonderful especially Ashley, Oriel, Leonardo, and Edith. The hotel was very clean and the food was good. The only problems with this hotel are the lack of air conditioning in the main areas of the hotel and the pressure from the Time Share sales department . Overall, we had a great time.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Irma P

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. All comments are very important to us in order to work even better and improve all our services and amenities.
Once again, we appreciate your kind comments of our resort and look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Room Division Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This place is just magical... have visited here twice in 4 years, and both times were thoroughly enjoyable. Its a total escape, with excellent food and restaurant choices, very attentive staff, and free cocktails included in the all inclusive rate! What more could you want! The location is second to none, with lots to do and explore in the surrounding area.The entertainment staff were very good, and hosted a good variety of shows, events, and themed nights. Will definitely be returning some day, hopefully!

Room Tip: They are all excellent.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ndiviney

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback through this mean. Your comments are truly valuable for us, as this allow us to improve our service levels and product.
Once again, we appreciate your kind comments of our resort and about our staff looking forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Room Division Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was in this hotel for 12 days.

Excellent:
As soon as you cross the gate, you are amazed by the way they receive you. The bell boys, are always smiling, and they give you a refreshing beverage that you drink while you are waiting to make your check in.
The service. Staff is excellent!!
Staff doesn't receive big tips, and they have the best attitude.
The staff on pools, is amazing, they are constantly asking you if you need something.
Food is excellent. Specially the Italian and oriental restaurants.
The hotel is amazingly clean, you never saw a little spot or trash or anything anywhere. The pool is being cleaned constantly.
The kids area is excellent you can really rest from the kids for a while and you can trust the staff, they really work for the kids entertainment.
I had a problem with some sheets, that Ceci, in concierge, solved it like in 10 minutes, she was really outstanding and she gave me back my vacations, because I was really mad!

Town is really near the hotel, and the taxi fare is always the same, any taxi will charge the same.

Improvements:
The entertainment staff is not precisely what I expected. Or maybe they are very few people, I only saw 3 guys and sometimes 2 girls. They looked like tired, bored sometimes, I have seen other entertainment staff and I believe they are more charismatic, they are always talking to the people, dining with them, talking about everything, not just when they are supposed to organize a game or an activity.

The shows are nice, but for me, a little boring, maybe they can also do something with people to make them laugh or participate and not just only watch them dancing. But I have to recognize they have great dancers and they really have a show on going.

I believe that we should be able to give tips to personal, but by credit cards.

The only bad thing, the doctor, I can't believe that he can charges like 200 dollars for an appointment. I am Mexican and I could get myself to the Red Cross (my niece got a wasp in her ear) to get attention, but the doctor was not in, the assistant couldn't help us and even if he could, I was supposed to pay 200 dollars??? To tell you the truth, I believe it would be better to charge a reasonable, decent amount, due that in most cases you got sick for food, and if you eat in the hotel, it would be nice that they also take care of you in something as important as your health, due that his can make your vacations go to hell. Besides, I believe you can have a Doctor inside the hotel, due that you have to wait for half an hour for him to come over , and if you are dying at night, you have to wait until the morning to have attention. And as I didn't go to the Doctor, I am still wondering if he would give you the medicine or if you will still have to go to town to buy them.
If that is so, you better go to the Pharmacy and let the doctor see you for 30 pesos and he will let you know what medicine to buy.

But I will go back always and ALWAYS recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Andrea1169
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My family and I stayed at Dreams Huatulco for 4 nights in early July. We absolutely loved the property, and the staff who worked there was incredible as well. The rooms were beautiful, and the complimentary minibar was always stocked. The location is perfect for a resort vacation without the "spring-break" feel of the larger resort towns. Finally, the Unlimited Luxury philosophy of Dreams Huatuclo meant that we went our entire vacation without pulling our wallets out once while on resort property - wifi, top shelf liquor, room service, everything was included in our stay.

We had a couple issues during our stay, but nothing too major:

1. On our first night there, we called room service and asked for breakfast to be brought to our room the next morning as early as possible (6 am) because we had a boat trip scheduled before any of the restaurants opened. We waited as late as we could (6:30) and the room service never arrived. In the future, I would make sure and call again in the morning to confirm the order was going to be delivered.

2. The service in the restaurants was less than impressive on a few nights. We've traveled to Europe before and are used to a more laid-back style of dining; but even simple things such as water not being refilled, an order not being brought out until we remind the waiter we were still missing one, and not enough menus for everyone at the table seemed out of place in such an exceptional resort.

In conclusion, I would definitely recommend staying at Dreams Huatuclo. The exceptional service, outstanding rooms, and wonderful food combine to create a truly unique stay. The concierge was able to help us with virtually anything we needed, and the front desk was great during check-in/check-out as well. I look forward to returning here in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with a partial-ocean view and in reality it was more like a 3/4 ocean view. If t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank trcamp7795
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

In order to trust a review, you might want to know a little about the reviewer. I must tell you, i am hard to please and get bored easy. I have been to most of the Mexican vacation spots Cancun, Cabo, Puerto Vallarta etc., this place tops them all.

Stayed: July 2014