Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa
US$195
  • Pool
US$294
  • Breakfast included
Las Brisas Huatulco(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$133
Villas Fa-Sol(Crucecita)
US$125
  • Breakfast included
Quinta Bella Huatulco(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$75
Hotel Villablanca Huatulco(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
US$69
Park Royal Huatulco(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$191
  • Pool
Binniguenda All Inclusive(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$76
Hotels.com
3,796 results
All reviewsseaside grillworld cafeel patiofishtropical viewitalian restaurantadult poollobby barpartial ocean viewkids clubwedding plannerjacuzzi on the balconya la carte restaurantsbreakfast and lunchturn down serviceocean frontla crucecita
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I am a travel agent in Michigan and traveled to this resort July 16-23rd with my hubby and 2 other couples. I would say is was simply a great vacation.
DESTINATION: Huatulco is not some place everyone knows about, but maybe we would be wise to keep it that way. CLEAN, very clean area, nice people, loved everything about it...very laid back, and very beautiful. Could be a bit boring for those who want a "Cancun" type atmosphere.
HOTEL: Very nice hotel. I sold this when it was the Gala, I can see where AMR Resorts put their renovation money, they did a wonderful job. The hotel is very up to date and very attractive..money well spent. Again a very clean property.
ROOMS: Very nice, I was simply amazed for how well they designed and decorated they are, they are not huge compared to the new hotels popping up everywhere, but very efficient use of space, really one of the best designed rooms it's size you would find anywhere. They are not small...just not huge. Great cleaning service also.
FOOD: I really liked the food, personally enjoyed the Oriental, but the Italian was a favorite for part of our group. The Apple Vacations dinner was a nice touch! Buffet had plenty of variety..no complaints. Did not use room service for anything but coffee in the morning, but fast and efficient...
STAFF: Really very friendly and helpful for the most part. There are always some who go out of their way more than others, bartender (sometimes waiter) Fernin..a great guy, Alicia the concierge-cannot say enough good things about her, and Luis one of the Bar and Restaurant Managers!!! We recieved good service throughout our stay.
LOCATION: the bay is beautiful, nice area around the hotel to walk, and shop, close to town a $3 cab ride.
NIGHTLIFE and SHOWS: Other than a few drinks in the bar after dinner, did not do much in the evenings, it was offered, but we were tired!

If there were any negatives they were nothing major for sure. The beach was closed a couple of days due to high surf,but when you are sitting at infinity pool at water's edge, it is not a big deal. They did tend to shift the staff from one job to another, like Fernin, sometimes the lobby bar guy, sometimes a waiter in the buffet or the Italian..so it made it somewhat hard to get close to the staff. Maybe this was the case since it was low season.I am not sure.

* one helpful tip to management if they read this..Let the Privilage club members know what they get, people forget, and tell them the Privilage Club is on the 6th floor..several people did not know it existed!

Would I go back...you bet...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank travelingsandi
Reviewed 26 July 2010

A little about me so you know where I coming from, married many years and have travelled many times with my wife and kids. 45 years old kids 22, 20, 12. This our 12th all inclusive trip, all trips were to Mexico except once to Jamaica. Been to Cancun, Cozumel (once each) Playa Del Carmen area all other times and this is our 2nd time to Huatulco. We arent rich but always try to stay at higher end AI's. So i/we have alot to compare this hotel to.....

First off the Huatulco area is beautiful, easy to fly in and out of, and not congested. The beaches are great throughout the area, water is clean and warm, but the surf can get a little rough. Weather was warm to semi hot with a little rain but it didn't slow anybody down. This hotel was about 30 minutes from the airport and about 10 minutes from town. Nice location in Tangolunda bay.

Beach: very clean, no seaweed, no rocks, warm water, very scenic, but water can be a little rough so be careful. Excellent Beach. The hotel offers free kayaking and windsurfing but really don't tell you about it and apparently the offer snorkel gear but here again they don't tell you about it. Also don't expect and service while laying on the beach, I found this hard to believe for a 6 golden apple resort.

Pools: 7 all together but we only used 2. The 2 we used were very nice clean oceanfront infinity pools. We really enjoyed them and used them all day, we are pool/beach bums. We were a little disappointed at the lack of swim up bar.Here again don't expect much service here, although they do have pool service it was pretty scarce. That was a let down because we always tip the servers. The bar was near the pool we mainly hung out at, so no big deal. The pools seemed very clean compared to others we had been at so that was really nice.

Rooms: we had 2 adjoining rooms which were clean and had comfortable beds. The bathrooms were nice with double bowl sinks but the shower had a strange half door which allowed the bathroom floor to get very wet, a little strange, great water pressure though. A/C worked well. Housekeeping was good but sometimes they came at night and sometimes they didn't...??? There was a mini fridge and sometimes they filled it and sometimes they didn't...???

Restaurants and buffets: Food quality was pretty good for an AI. The buffet was always fresh and there was adecent variety. Steaks and omlets cooked to order with a little bit of a wait. It was nice that you did not have to make reservations at the ala carte restaurants. The Mexican and Japanese were both pretty good, didn't try the Italian. The complaint we had was with the service, we weren't in a hurry but they were not only slow, they also forgot to bring half of what you asked for. Good luck getting a second drink or anything special.

Entertainment: we have seen some top notch entertainment at some AI's , this was subpar and in an outdoor setting with no A/C. Also not many activities by the pool as in some other locations, and most activities were disorganized, not terrible but not up to par with many others.

One major disappointment for us was the lack of liveliness thoughout the resort especially the lobby. The lobby was just dead, no music live or otherwise, no decorations, bad bar service, bad table service, very poor for a resort of this caliber. The entire property is painted white with very little color or flowers anywhere, very drab.
Well that about sums it up. We had a great time because we were with a large group and we met some other travelers that we hung out ways there and also we got a great deal for the 7 days about $1000, so that is hard to complain about. So I guess my point is that this resort is not really a 6 golden apple resort, maybe more like a 5 red.

A little bit of advice about Apple. You can get a good price by booking your trip through them but DO NOT book your day trips, side excursions, through them. Book them through the guys on the beach or in town for less than 1/2 the price.

OK well I hope this helped you plan your trip, Peace. email with any questions

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank AlsTrips134
Reviewed 22 July 2010

First let me start off by saying that Huatulco itself is a hidden paradise. Not many people know about it or have heard of it. And I was one that didnt know. Now that I know about this paradise, I will make sure to let everyone know what they are missing out on.
As far as this hotel. I wasnt sure what to expect. When my fiance told me it was all inclusive I didnt think it really meant ALL INCLUSIVE. You know forget to read the fine print and when you check out they stick you with a bill. Nothing like that.
Food was exceptionally good. Was very skeptical about the food because of all the reviews and how it got some people sick. But it exceeded my expectation. I didnt get sick. My favorite was breakfast at the World Cafe. If you like a nice quiet breakfast I suggest you go and have breakfast before 9 oclock because after 9 not so quiet and packed. But food is plentiful. As far as lunch and dinner Seafood grill is best if you like to have lunch outside next to the beach or even poolside. Dinner for us was El Patio and Portofino both were a delight. Activities at Dreams were always going on from morning till night. Just pick your fancy. They have a bulletin board with daily activities and times. My favorite was wateraerobics.
As far as other activites outside the hotel included fishing, water rafting, lascrucitas, and coffee plantation. Went fishing with Abundio Vasquez (El Pavo). His English is limited but his fishing techniques and gear is secont to none. We caught sailfish, snapper, and bonito. Water rafting was awesome. Me and my fiance had never done rafting before. And we both fell in love with it. Thanks Pepe and Deigo. Our guides. You can find them and Aventura Mundo right outside of the dreams hotel. They are in the plaza to your left as you walk out of the hotel. We were well taken care of. Coffee plantation and the waterfalls were remarkable. Our guide Antionio or Tonio, as everyone called him, was outstanding. Very attentive and funny as well. We found him in the plaza of las crucitas on the side where la Paleteria is on.
Security at this hotel was awesome. No one goes in or out without security knowing. Everything is documented. Overall our stay here was UNBEILEAVABLE. We stayed for a week in July. And i was very sad that we had to leave. People were great, workers were friendly, always smiling and very attentive. Like they say at The Dreams "es un placer." Meaning my pleasure. I hope you all had as great of a time as we did.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fgarate
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We stayed for a week in July-2010 and had an awesome time. We travel a lot and have to say this was one of the best deals we had in a long time. The entertainment staff was the best part! The put on great shows on a nightly basis and great things to do during the day. They were a lot of fun!

The breakfast was excellent and lunch/dinner were average.

Wish they had was a pool bar. However there were servers coming around routinely to take our orders.

Love the stocked mini-fridge in the bar! We also enjoyed the free room service a few times.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank karriejg
Reviewed 17 July 2010

We stated at the Dreams Huatulco July 9 to July 16, 2010, We started with direct flight from Chicago on USA 3000, no problems. The direct flight was nice 4 hours. We booked thru Apple and they had buses waiting for use at the air port. About a 25 min ride to hotel from airport. Check in was extremely fast and we were pleased with our room. We did not pay for ocean view but sitting on our balony we could see the ocean. The room was very clean, the air cond. worked very well, and the beds were very soft and comfortable. We had no complaints about the room or maid service. The room was always cleaned by noon, and the picked up and turned down the bed later afternoon. Plenty of towel and also wash cothes.
Food. We thought the food at breakfast was very good, the buffet I would say was average. We thought the food at the other restaurant was very good, the Portfolio, Asian and Ocean was very good and the service was very good. We never got sick once. The only thing we got tired of very quickly was in the water they gave you at the table had cucumber slices in it and that taste to use after two days we just asked for bottle water and had not problem, Our mini refrig, was alwasy stock.
Pool, six of them were very nice and clean, The hotel was busy but not extremely, we were able to get chairs under umbrella by 9:00 am so it was nice not to get up at 7 to find shade.. Service by the pools was present but alittle slow, about one waiter per pool. We thought the drink were good, you could taste the alcohol and had no complaints..
Beach. The beach is not great for long walks because the beach is not that long. Also the beach is on a slant and not an easy walk. The beach does not even compare to DR beaches. Going into the ocean, rough waves be careful.
Towns nice shopping, felt very safe, $3:00 us taxi ride one way. In town the exchange 10 to 1 in pesos to dollar. the Hotel gave you 12 to 1 exchange. The whole area is very clean, roads where in good shape, we loved the area.
Hotel night live, not much, a few shows but not that great. If you are 18 to 21 and looking for action, dont look here, We are in our early 50s so it was great for us. They have a kids club that seemed very well organizied and fun for the kids. Kids looked like they were having fun, this area was separate from the other pools, They have one adults only pool which was nice. We walked by the Barcelo which is next door, did not seem very busy, Quinta Real didnt even have chairs on their beach, did not look like they had any quest. The Crown Pacific looked alittle more busy, but you had to take a shuttle across the street to a beach club. Looking at all the resorts I am glad we picked Dreams. I would highly recommend the hotel and we would go back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple