We stayed at the Crown Pacific for 2 weeks – February 12-26, 2010.
We stayed in building 10 and the view from our balcony was spectacular! The rooms and balcony are very large. We had a king-sized bed, ocean view, fridge (restocked daily with beer, soft drinks and water) and coffee maker. The air conditioning worked very well, hot water was plentiful and the maid did a great job keeping our room clean, towels replenished and also left us flowers and towel art.
The resort is very spread out and it is built on a hill. It is made up of 10 buildings. Walking to the beach club was fine as you are walking downhill. The walk up the hill is a killer though so we usually took the shuttle car up. The wait for the shuttle was never very long.
The food was quite good. The only complaint we had was that sometimes the temperature of the food was not very hot. Dinners at the beach club were based on theme nights (Italian, Mexican, Oaxacan, Spanish, etc.) We went to the a la carte one night and enjoyed our meal. It is only open on Tuesdays and Thursdays. There is also a small restaurant by the pool on the 7th floor.
The beach club had everything there that you would need to spend the day: pool, bar, restaurant, lounge chairs, umbrellas/palapas. The lounge chairs could use new cushions because some of them were old and torn. Beach towels were also showing their age. The ocean in front of the resort was quite rough so we would just walk down the beach towards the Dreams resort and the water there was calm for swimming.
We LOVED Huatulco. Weather was hot and beautiful. We went into Crucecita a few times and had excellent meals at Tostado’s Grill (awesome arrachera steak) and La Crema (excellent pizza). Santa Cruz was another nice town to visit for shopping and sightseeing. We took a cab to Playa Entrega for some good snorkelling. We also went to Playa Bocana for a mud bath (which is a must do - your skin feels so soft afterwards) and the beach is beautiful for exploring. We had another excellent meal at Alebrijes (fantastic ribs), which is just across the street from the Crown Pacific. We went on the Signature Catamaran Bay Tour and checked out two beautiful beaches for snorkelling.
We also enjoyed spotting wildlife. From our beach club, we saw whales in the distance one day. We also saw lots of interesting birds from our balcony or just by walking around our resort area and near the golf course and trailer park. The most interesting thing we saw was a female turtle laying her eggs on the beach in front of the golf course. It was quite the sight to see and we watched her cover up the eggs and head back into the ocean.
We really enjoyed our stay at Crown Pacific. The staff were super friendly. It is a small resort, making it easy to get to know other people staying at the hotel. This is a 3 star resort so there were a few minor things that could use fixing or updating but overall it is a really nice resort. I would highly recommend this hotel and Huatulco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Huatulco began as a surfing community far, far off the beaten path. Today with a first class international airport, 26 kilometers of stunning coast, 36 white beaches, and nine beautiful bays- it's a vacation paradise and, still, a slightly more secret destination. Tropical jungle and exotic highlands combine at the edge of a grand, grand Pacific like you've never experienced it. The Park Royal Huatulco's All Inclusive 133 suites come complete with a lavish beach club, two gorgeous swimming pools, two restaurants and three lounges serving drinks all day and into some truly remarkable evenings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Park Royal Huatulco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Pacific Huatulco Hotel Huatulco
- Crown Pacific Deluxe Suite Hotel
- Crown Pacific Deluxe Suite Resort