“Lovely hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huatulco
Mision de los Arcos
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Huatulco
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have stayed here several times. The location is great as you can walk to restaurants and bars. The rooms are so nice with very comfortable beds. There is a restaurant in the hotel and the food is scrumptious.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 8sassy

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was our second trip to this hotel. We stayed in the Master Suite and were very pleased with the spaciousness and cleanliness of the room. The tub was so large that two of us could actually lay down in it at the same time!!! Sherri and Sam (owners) are very gracious and accommodating. Sherry is American and Sam, who is Mexican, speaks better English that I do! They bend over backwards to meet our every need and are a great resource for anything you want to do or see. We enjoy staying here because it's on the square of the town and you really get a feel for authentic Mexican life. It's walking distance to numerous restaurants, convenience stores and jewelry stores. Doesn't get any better!

1  Thank MzIzzy
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed for a week at Easter (two adults, two children). The hotel and rooms are simply but elegantly decorated, spotlessly clean and and well maintained. Service is consistently excellent, owners are very helpful and offer lots of advice and assistance regarding things to do in the surrounding area, good beaches, interesting day trips etc. Definitely worth asking for a room with a balcony and fan - huatulco is extremely hot and humid (there is ac in all the bedrooms). About 5 - 10 minutes taxi ride to most of the beaches.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My daughter and I booked one night stay to bridge a flight complication that meant we needed an overnight to get us back home from Mexico City.
Basic accommodation which was more than adequate for the price. The room was small for the 2 double beds but was very comfortable and clean. Location fabulous by being so near to the local square. Traditional Mexican... remember where you are!!
The selling feature for our short stay was the incredible caring staff. My daughter was quite ill and the owner of the hotel was incredibly helpful and wasted no time getting us assistance from the local Dr. so that we would be able to make our afternoon flight. We were able to get a late checkout and also were accommodated to wait in the restaurant for our taxi.
In addition, and email enquiring about our safe return home... awesome!!!
If you are looking for clean, comfortable and well priced... with incredible staff... this is it!

1  Thank Marie-Rose H
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and two kids stayed there for 5 days in a double bed room(full size beds). The room was small and had just enough room to walk around the beds. We couldnt get a suite because they only have one bed. I wish they had larger rooms to accomodate families with children. The bathroom didnt have a fan, which made it really hot and humid when taking a shower. However, they do have a great location. Im glad they have air conditioner that works great. I was never greeted by the owners even though they were behind the counter with the lobby employee. Even when i checked out i never got a goodbye or a thank you for staying with them. I think i will pay the additional money and stay in an all inclusive next time i visit Huatulco and take a sitio to la cruzecita when i want to visit.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Born2TravelDaWorld
SherryMcLeod, Owner at Mision de los Arcos, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hi Elena,

I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our hotel. The original floor plan to our building was for apartments and there are several existing retaining walls that cannot be rearranged. Because of this, every room at Mision de los Arcos is a bit different, with some rooms smaller than others. I wish I would have known that were not happy with your room so I could have tried to reaccommodate your reservation in a different room. We do have larger suites but as you mentioned, they are for couples only. Often times, we have had parents reserve these rooms for them and place their children in adjoining standard rooms. You are correct in mentioning that most of our bathrooms do not have extractors because there are windows in the upper part of each shower that lets the steam out. Huatulco is expecting its first rain any day now, so the humidity levels are in the 90s. Combine this with a hot shower, and things will get a bit muggy in the bathroom.

I am glad that you were happy with our air conditioning though, because for the next couple of months, things are very hot and humid in our area because of our close proximity to the equator, and ACs are a necessity! For this reason, Huatulco is very popular from November through March because the temperatures are much cooler and the humidity is relatively low. I apologize if you thought that we weren’t attentive to you. I checked with our receptionists and they said that you were of a serious demeanor and a bit reserved. We normally let our guests set the precedent for how much social interaction goes on during their stay with us. If our guests are chatty, we have often spent hours talking with them, but we also respect their silence and then keep the interaction on a more professional, serious level. We deal with many different cultures in our establishment and not all people like to talk with the staff. Please know though, that our staff is very courteous and we are always available to answer any questions that our guests might have.

Your stay with us was during Easter Week, which is without a doubt, the most hectic week of the year in Huatulco. During that week, our peaceful, little town is inundated by tourists, most of them arriving from Mexico City. Because of the large influx of people, our restaurant deals with hundreds of visitors on a daily basis, which is where my husband and I focus most of our attention during that week because of the large volume of sales. I apologize if you saw me behind our reception desk and I appeared to not pay attention to you. Please know that it wasn’t my intention to offend you, but that I was probably on the phone with food suppliers or ringing up sales on our credit card terminals, because even with the large amount of staff waiting tables during those days, it just isn’t enough.

I am glad that you appreciate our location, which is right in the heart of Huatulco on the town square. Most of our clientele are the type of people that shun all-inclusive hotels, but there are people that enjoy them because they are easy, self-contained and have lots of activities for children. The price is predetermined and includes all food and beverages, so it is very easy to financially plan a vacation. If all-inclusive hotels are more your style of travelling, I feel that our establishment really wasn’t the best choice for you. If in the future though, you would like to return to Huatulco and stay in the town center, please book a master suite with us, which is much nicer than a room at an all-inclusive and at a fraction of the price. Again, I apologize that we did not meet your expectation level.

Sherry

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I spent a total of 7 nights at this hotel during two seperate stays in April 2014. The rooms were very clean and modern with large bathrooms and flat screen tvs. We spent two nights in the master suite which was very spacious and had a large bath and balcony. The housekeeping service was fantastic. We had a small ice box which we had been carrying with us to keep some food and drinks cold. The housekeepers saw this and provided us with a large esky to use and kept it stocked with ice everyday. All the staff were friendly and very helpful, La Crucietta is a great little town with plenty of amenities without being a resort. We used the hotel as our base while we surfed the surrounding surf breaks. The rooms were very reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend to anyone interested in visiting the beaches of huatulco or surfing Barra de la Cruz (approx 40 min drive).

Room Tip: The standard rooms are excellent value
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank macsar
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had our first visit to Hautulco last week. We stayed at Mision de los Arcos for the first part of our stay. The hotel is very quaint and extremely well kept/very clean. We enjoyed gelato and the outdoor seating as well as breakfast in the attached restaurant. Everyone was very friendly and always smiling. Sherry was particularly helpful on our arrival by recommending a few restuarants at the nearby beach area as well as steering us to where we could exchange some money without using an ATM. Of particular mention is the taxi driver Sherry arranged for us, Mario. As our Spanish is quite limited, Sherry explained to Mario where we wanted to go. Mario not only took us to those locations, but parked his taxi, locked up, and literally walked us in to the desk where we could exchange money as well as across the plaza to the restaurant we wanted to go to. Along the way, he stopped at an overlook to show us a beautiful view of the bay that we would otherwise not have seen. He came back to pick us up at the exact location and time we discussed when he dropped us off. When we got back to the hotel and asked him how much, it was incredibly low. We gave him what we know that kind of service would cost at home as it ought to be worth that anywhere as it was impeccable and he was just terrific. We asked the front desk man to call Mario specifically the next day to take us to our next location. He arrived promptly and showed us another vista along the way and we practiced some language skills together. I realize I wrote a lot about Mario here but consider our experience with him a reflection of this great hotel and service received there that made our stay so pleasant and welcoming. Sherry and Sam have an excellent thing going here. If you are in Hautulco, you will be welcome and comfortable here and they will steer you in the right direction.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor. It was great! There is no elevator, but bags only go up once, so...
1  Thank Edge2