“Good value-clean, exellent service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huatulco
Mision de los Arcos
Ranked #1 of 47 Hotels in Huatulco
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 6 nights during new year/january, all inn all very satisfied.
The manager Sherry was really friendly and helpful, and made us feel really welcome at this hotel. top notch service
The rooms was clean and fresh, with comfortable beds and a nice bathroom.
Since the hotel is located in a small city centre, our room had some noise from the street below from 7.30 in the morning.
Hotel restaurant really clean and nice with terrific food-recommended!
Good value for money, would stay there again-with a room away from the street!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 January 2011

Having travelled to Huatulco before, I wanted to experience a small boutique hotel.The reviews were very good and accurate. The rooms were very clean and surprisingly quiet given the location on the Zocalo. Air-conditioning worked perfectly, flat screen TV, crisp white sheets, abundant hot water. The on-site restaurant served wonderful breakfasts (not included in price of room) and the café latte was delicious. Service was fast, not particularly friendly, but efficient. Having a rudimentary knowledge of Spanish is definitely an asset. We did not try the beach club, but the beach in Bahia Chalué is not the best. As we had a car, we tried a few different beaches. I highly recommend San Agustin beach Its one of the best beaches in the area. The approximately 7 km drive from the highway is definitely worth it. There are many beach restaurants that serve fresh-grilled fish and seafood for a reasonable price. If you decide to go, the best side of the beach is to the left when you reach the fork at the end of the road. The right leads to the busier area of the beach. Generally speaking, Huatulco doesn't offer much to see..no shopping and you can skip the tours which are overpriced. If you do decide you want to tour the Bahias of Huatulco, you can hire a boat directly on the beach. Otherwise, its mostly a wonderful area to relax and enjoy the sun.
Wi-fi did not work during our stay and a few extra towels would be nice!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iynx1
Reviewed 4 January 2011

We (couple around 50) stayed by our second visit in Huatulco 11 nights in Mision de los Arcos. Very friendly owner and staff, always helpfull. The rooms have been very nice decorated, always clean and quiet (!) although it is only a few steps from the zocalo. You will find in Mision de los Arcos one of the best restaurants in Huatulco. The breakfast is one of the best we ever had (A must - fruits with joghurt, honey and granola).

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2010

I booked my vacation at Mision de los Arcos based on the reviews I read on tripAdvisor . I could not have made a better choice! This little hotel has it all...spotlessly clean rooms, great location, wonderful staff, exceptional owners and, as an extra plus, a fabulous restaurant called Terra-Cotta. I'm so happy I choose this hotel. Everything about this place, my room, helpful staff, excellent service, delicious food,.. all combined to make my vacation the best I've ever had. I mean that sincerely.
There is an abundance of hotels in La Crucicita all striving for your attention. When I arrived at Mision de los Arcos I immediately notice an obvious difference from all the others. This clean white Mediterranean style hotel is truly a refuge from the plethora of sights, sounds, smells and taste characteristic of Mexico. However, much as I love all of this, a respite is sometimes needed so as not to get over-loaded. This hotel is the perfect place to "quiet down and relax".
As soon as I stepped into the reception area I could feel the calm peaceful ambience that is the essence of this entire hotel. It looked classy with clean white walls and understated colors of soft beige, warm sand and terracotta as accents. Lush green plants added to a feeling of comfortable tranquility. I would describe the look as minimalistic, yet definitely classy! Looking around while waiting for my room key, I was thinking that the decor would be an interior designer's dream! ( I understand that the owner, Sherry, did all the decorating herself... humm, she's very good!) All this attention to the zen like details really gives one a sense of peaceful relaxation..I also understand that the rooms are all different but still have the same zen like feeling of peacefulness.
As for my room...I loved it! When I shut the door, I shut out the world and just felt all tension drain away from me. My room was immaculate,cool and inviting and very comfortable.I loved the tropical look of the magenta flowering Bougainvillea vine outside my window. A perfect backdrop to the various shades of white and beige on the bed and walls. Every day, along with fruit and bottled water, fresh flowers were placed by my bed. (I just remembered that the flowers matched the decor of my room...some sort of tropical lilies, all so beautiful! ).
I had plenty of storage for my clothes with dresser drawers and a closet. The sink, countertops and shower fixtures were top of the line, all the hot water one needed and good water pressure. I loved the green plants in the bath area.
If I wanted I could watch cable TV on the large wall mounted flat-screen or lie on the bed luxuriating in the voluptuous softness of the pillow- topped mattress while reading... being an avid reader this was a treat every night of my vacation. I should also mention that I felt safe and secure in my room. That's important for a single woman traveling alone. At no time did I feel uncomfortable or insecure during my week long stay.Also the hotel has a safe for your valuables. I kept my passport there.
The hotel has a large book collection that you're welcome to select a book from to take to your room or the beach,etc. It does seem as if everything,even the smallest detail is slanted toward making your visit a safe and pleasurable experience.
I was a little worried before I arrived because I only speak a few words of Spanish and the few words I do speak hardly anyone understands! Fortunately, in my case, not speaking Spanish was never a problem. The friendly owners, Sherry and Sam, are bilingual and were usually around if I needed help with translating. They often stopped to ask if I was enjoying myself. They seemed genuinely interested in how my vacation was going and suggested several activities they thought I might be interested in, also some tours that were great. They even personally made all the arrangments for me. I loved the coffee finca tour and the nature reserve up in the jungle, interesting and educational. The tour guide, Alfredo, spoke english and was so knowledgeable about everything and had such a wonderful sense of humor that one couldn't help but enjoy his tours. What a fun day that was!. I really enjoyed the other tours with him too! Then there was the outing in the ocean with Luis on jet skis ....Wow!.I never dreamed that at my age (70) I could have SO much fun! It would never have occured to me to try these things...thanks, Sherry and Sam! All the attention and help you provided added immeasurablely to my vacation being a "once in a lifetime" adventure.
I can't begin to say enough nice things about their staff. They've put together a great team of people who try to do everything possible to make your stay at their hotel be an enjoyable experience! They always have a smile for you and are just the kindest, most polite and gracious staff, all team players. They really go out of their way to help you with just about any request. Realizing that my Spanish was quite limited, Abigal, at the front desk, arranged everything for me from a guide to a taxi,What a nice person she is..the owners were very smart to have picked her to man the reception desk! She or one of the staff would even instruct the taxi driver as to where to take me, when to pick me up and return me and what time to do so. All I had to do was enjoy myself. How wonderful! It was like having my own personal assistant.
The hotel has a beautiful new Yoga center on site with day and night classes. I didn't attend any but on my next trip I plan to take advantage of this feature. However, I did take advantage of the masseuse at the hotel. Her name is Patti and she gives the most relaxing massages imaginable. What a pleasure that was!
Sherry told me they had already started construction of a pool with a sunning deck on top of the hotel. Terrific! Who needs the high-priced resorts...really, this marvelous owner operated hotel has it all ...and at a fraction of the cost!
Again, I could not have made a better choice. My entire vacation was awesome because of all the attention paid to my comfort and enjoyment.
I definitely WILL RETURN and ,without any reservation, I whole-heartedly recommend Mision de los Arcos to anyone craving exceptional service, a glorious adventure plus a good nights sleep!

PS...they even reminded me as I was ready to check out to not forget my passport that was in their safe.
I loved this place!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank artist7291
Reviewed 17 December 2010

Mision de los Arcos is a spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated, and completely comfortable hotel. The rooms aren't big, but they are much nicer than we expected based on the very reasonable low-season price, with perfectly comfortable beds and large, flat-screen TVs. The staff are quite helpful. The restaurant downstairs has good food and is one of the few restaurants with air conditioning in La Crucecita. The location - in town, rather than right on the beach - provides guests with more options for restaurants, bars, and souvenir shopping, and it's only a short drive to several beaches. If I go to Huatulco again, I won't even consider staying anywhere else unless this place is completely booked.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcz83
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I truly cannot say enough good things about Mision de los Arcos and the owner, Sherry. My wife and I stayed here for a few days in November while we planned our Huatulco wedding. When we arrived, we had no baker, no location and, due to a miscommunication with a different hotel, no cook.

Here are just a few examples of the help that Sherry provided free-of-charge that made our wedding a EXACTLY what we wanted:

Sherry arranged for a cab driver to take us to beaches to scout for a location for the ceremony. We found a place within an hour or so. That evening, while chatting with Sherry, we mentioned that we had found a place that was fairly deserted, as we wanted. She told us that the beach we had looked at might have some families using it, especially on the date that we were planning to have our ceremony but that there was a beach about ten minutes further away that very few people ever used. We scouted that beach and it was perfect. We had the sunset wedding we wanted with only our family on a deserted beach.

On the morning of our wedding, staying in a different hotel at this point, we learned we did not have a cook for the meal that night. A quick call to Sherry and she arranged a cook for us at a very reasonable price. This despite the fact that we were no longer were staying at Mision de los Arcos. I must also point out that it was a Sunday which is traditionally the day of rest in Mexico. This fact makes it that much harder to find a cook but Sherry came through for us.

In terms of the hotel, again, I can's say enough about Mision de los Arcos and Sherry. The place was clean and bright. The price was excellent. The amount of service we received for the price we paid was disproportionately in the customer's favor.

I do want to point out that you will need an inexpensive cab ride to get to the beach from this hotel. It is in the center of town with access to bars, hotels, culture and other excellent amenities. Cabs are always available and considering the price to service ratio here, usinga cab is a bargain.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TommyKirchmeier
Reviewed 12 December 2010

I was a little nervous with traveling alone to Huatulco. But once I'd seen this hotel online, I knew it would be a wonderful adventure. My week turned out to be better than I could've planned.
The hotel has so much ambiance, that I felt taken care of from the moment I arrived.
The owners, Sherry and Sam, are there every day and will recommend and arrange anything you need or want. This is a great asset, as I speak very little Spanish.
Some of the many staff speak English as well, which is helpful. All of the staff are wonderful and take care of everyone, with any need.
The first morning after I arrived, I took in a yoga class, in a beautiful studio. The teacher is excellent and I made new friends immediately.
The rest of the week was spent snorkeling, wave riding, sailing, eating, sleeping, shopping and totally enjoying myself!
I highly recommend Luis Santiago for seeing the bays from a wave runner. He's an excellent guide and will take care of everything for you. His contact info is: www.huatulcowatersports.com, phones 044 958 1002806, and 958-72818
The best snorkeling we did was at San Augustin. The hotel arranged a cab driver (who we continued to book reguarly as he was punctual, friendly and safe) and he drove us there for the day. There was shallow coral reefs and we swam with hundreds of fish. It was amazing!
The food at the restaurant was also 5-star quality. We tried a few other restaurants around town, but mostly ate at the hotel. Every meal had so many options, and everything was sooo good!
I can't say enough to everyone at Mision De Los Arcos. My trip was everything I'd hoped for, and more. Thank you. Muchas gracias!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo