Our family stayed here July 21-28th. First let me say that the views are incredible, this was our 6th trip and the best view by far, but like another reviewer said, people aren't going to return for a view. This resort has only been open for 8 months, but that is no excuse for the inconveniences that we experienced. We spend alot of money and expect to have great food, service, premium alcohol etc. The "buffet" was so bad, as far as quantity and quality. We have never seen such a small amount of food and a very strange assortment. We ordered alot of room service, which did have its quirks too, but all I can say is thank goodness for the french fries! Its really too bad that all the restaurants can't be open all the time, I'm thinking that's one of the perks that we pay for. The Japanese restaurant was really good, the Italian restaurant was very little portions, (ordered room service after this meal), the Mexican restaurant, our son had to give his order three different times and then he still didn't get what he ordered. Castaways was delicious, but not open everyday or at nights. We were at the pool/poolbar everyday. They did have Bud light at this resort, but they never had enough. Maybe you could get a few a day and then they were out, when we asked for more, they said they would get some, but that never happened. This was a reoccuring theme during out stay, kept running out of things that they should of had enough of. Our kids room only got cleaned once, which was not a huge deal, it was just an inconvenience since they had to keep getting clean towels. The kicker to this is, we saw the cleaning ladies gettting close to our kids room, so we tipped one of them after asking if they were going to clean room #...., and then it didn't get cleaned. Our fridge was never stocked by anyone but ourselves. After the first few days when we noticed that it was not getting restocked, we would order what we wanted when we ordered room service. They brought over some of the guests from the Dreams resort since they were conveniently "over booked", and those people felt the same as us, maybe even more frustrated, and disappointed. Then when it was our last day, we checked at least 3 times that week to see what time our shuttle was leaving for the airport, was told noon everytime. So our last day we just got back to our room, it was 11:15, the phone rang and the gentleman said "we have been waiting for you for 15 minutes". We're like in a panic, frustrated, angry, thank goodness we were packed and ready. Don't get us wrong, our vacation wasn't ruined, but when you pay alot of money and this is your only vacation, and you're going to a six star resort, your expectations are high. We tried to always think positive, that this was a family vacation, but I think everyone got frustrated. This is the first time we've had a "disappointing" experience, so this was all new to us. We did read the reviews all along until our trip, but I think our biggest disappointment was the buffet. Now granted, everyone has a different point of view as to what they want from their vacation, in our past experiences, we've always had huge, lots of variety buffets, some better than others, but at least we had alot to pick from. We did get alot of bug bites, not sure how, most of the time we were in the pool? The shade was not an issue as we've read in some of the reviews, had beautiful weather everyday, the air was perfect in the rooms. So take what you want from this review, I know from personally speaking with other guests the week we were there, all of them were very disappointed, which is such a shame, because the employees were really great, and this is their livelihood and management needs to step up and make some major changes so this resort/hotel can stay open not only for the employees but for the area as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The enchanting Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa sits on the Pacific coast in Huatulco - a sustainable tourism destination recognized for its commitment to the local environment. Beautifully secluded on the Conejos Bay, guests at Secrets Huatulco are treated to divine views of golden sand beaches, stunning rock formations and sapphire waters. Exclusive Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities start with limitless gourmet fare and top-shelf spirits, pool and beach wait service, and 24-hour room and concierge services. While 399 gorgeous suites offer daily refreshed mini-bar, spectacular views, plus a furnished balcony, terrace Jacuzzi, or swim-out pool access. Take part in daily activities and nightly entertainment, or a pampering treatment at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia. Guests can even spend a night out with the Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience at the nearby Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, to enjoy more fine dining and entertainment. Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa - Enchanting. Secluded. Divine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Huatulco Resort And Spa
- Secrets Huatulco Hotel Huatulco