My wife and I usually do not go this late in the spring but since winter was dragging on we took a last minute trip to Secrets Huatulco.
This review will be short and sweet with a little fun or puns intended. We hope you enjoy.
No long lines at customs when we arrived at the airport.
Direct transportation to Secrets.
Check-in was quick and easy
Room was fabulous,clean and roomy with a great view. Not a bad room at this resort.
Stayed Bldg. 5 Room 5317 the week of 27 March 13 to 03 May 13. Third floor.
View from glass elevators great (Pools beach and ocean).
Sky bar and entertainment there was good.
Burgers,fries BBQ chicken legs at snack bar!
French restaurant the steak was best. Had med. could cut with fork.
Resort half booked A Big Plus! Better service that way.
Weather 90's and no rain.
Maids & fridge stockers were quick and efficient
Do not disturb light was a big plus for no interruptions.
Apples farewell party was done very intimately with excellent service and entertainment.
Massage and water therapy pool very nice.
No screaming kids!
Did I say great views from your room.
Beach vendors do not know the word no! Stay by the pool, its nicer anyway. Or go to the beach early. 10:30 am they come out.
Entertainment in the theater was mediocre and lip synced. We left after 15 minutes.
Two couples we befriended and spent the whole week with got sick. It seems alot of people are having that problem. Just read the reviews, people would not say it if it was not happening.
Its alot more often than most other resorts we stayed at. Resort needs to solve this issue or they should be downgraded on the Apple rating.
We did not get sick. I think we have Mexican stomachs, lol.
Advice: Take your Probiotics before you go and immodium when you get there.
I think they hang around to eat the guests that may succumb to their sickness.
They tried to wait for me on the beach, but I left them hungry, lol.
So in closing I would like to say this was one of our best resorts yet. We wanted to get away and just lounge around and did just that. Not a place for the spring break minded folks.
The only reason I did not give this resort the top rating was because of the sickness issue.
If you like my review give me a helpful vote. Thank you! Enjoy the pics.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The enchanting Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa sits on the Pacific coast in Huatulco - a sustainable tourism destination recognized for its commitment to the local environment. Beautifully secluded on the Conejos Bay, guests at Secrets Huatulco are treated to divine views of golden sand beaches, stunning rock formations and sapphire waters. Exclusive Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities start with limitless gourmet fare and top-shelf spirits, pool and beach wait service, and 24-hour room and concierge services. While 399 gorgeous suites offer daily refreshed mini-bar, spectacular views, plus a furnished balcony, terrace Jacuzzi, or swim-out pool access. Take part in daily activities and nightly entertainment, or a pampering treatment at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia. Guests can even spend a night out with the Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience at the nearby Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, to enjoy more fine dining and entertainment. Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa - Enchanting. Secluded. Divine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Huatulco Resort And Spa
- Secrets Huatulco Hotel Huatulco