We stayed here in February and really enjoyed it. I had never been to this part of Mexico so wasn't sure what to expect. Found out it is much hotter on this side (compared to Cancun); it was around 30C every day and full-on sunshine. So if you love this kind of weather this is the place for you. Beware the sand is like walking on hot coals so wearing your sandals on the beach is a must.
The resort is very beautiful with lots of interconnected pools and the ocean was wonderful! The snorkeling right off the beach was surprisingly decent. Unfortunately my niece forgot her beach bag (which had her phone in it) on the far side of the beach where we were snorkeling when we went for lunch. As you can imagine, by the time we got back it was gone. Just a reminder to watch your valuables in Mexico (or anywhere, really). Since the resort is on a bay, the ocean was never too rough to swim in during the time we were there. Because it was so hot we spent a lot of time in the ocean snorkeling, swimming and we took a sea kayak out which was fun too.
My favourite things:
1) no need to wear the typical all-inclusive wristbands (I hate those things!)
2) nice rooms with a safe, fridge (consistently filled with drink), AC worked well and I loved, loved, loved the rain shower showerhead and huge shower. (Yes, the shower and toilet have glass walls - I brought some newspaper and tape which worked well to give privacy.)
3) restaurants for the most part were excellent both food and service. I was glad you didn't need reservations and if line-up was long at one you can go to any of the others. Breakfasts were great at the buffet! (Note: when you order room service take nothing for granted. We ordered pancakes and assumed they would come with syrup...but they didn't. Lesson learned: I will make sure I specify 'with syrup' next time.)
We went on the 'Air Canada Vacations' Waterfalls Tour day trip. Very well worth it - we loved it. Probably the highlight of our trip. A nice mixture of local culture, ecology and of course the beautiful waterfalls you get to jump off from and swim in.
Things they could improve:
1) More beach chairs with umbrellas
2) Better wireless throughout (it only works by the SkyBar and Lobby area)
3) Relax the dress code a little bit for the restaurants which have one
4) Put some sort of opaque appliques over the glass shower and toilet walls
Regardless, we loved it - I highly recommend this place and would definitely stay here again next time I'm in Huatulco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The enchanting Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa sits on the Pacific coast in Huatulco - a sustainable tourism destination recognized for its commitment to the local environment. Beautifully secluded on the Conejos Bay, guests at Secrets Huatulco are treated to divine views of golden sand beaches, stunning rock formations and sapphire waters. Exclusive Unlimited-Luxury(R) amenities start with limitless gourmet fare and top-shelf spirits, pool and beach wait service, and 24-hour room and concierge services. While 399 gorgeous suites offer daily refreshed mini-bar, spectacular views, plus a furnished balcony, terrace Jacuzzi, or swim-out pool access. Take part in daily activities and nightly entertainment, or a pampering treatment at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia. Guests can even spend a night out with the Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience at the nearby Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa, to enjoy more fine dining and entertainment. Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa - Enchanting. Secluded. Divine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Secrets Huatulco Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Huatulco Resort And Spa
- Secrets Huatulco Hotel Huatulco