“Just what I want and need when I go out on vacations” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Plaza Tangolunda
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Huatulco
Xalapa, Mexico
“Just what I want and need when I go out on vacations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I don’t know about you but when I go out on vacations I expect certain things in order to have a nice decent experience that hopefully will become one of my most precious memories, in HOTEL PLAZA TANGOLUNDA I can find all the things I need such as a calm, quiet, comfortable and beautiful installations that includes a warm relaxed but professional crew and of curse a nice restaurant with delicious typical and international food that I can enjoy all day long with a nice cold beer or an exotic beverage! Such as one of my favorites in ALEBRIJES restaurant (that is conveniently inside the hotel), its called “Donaji” made of Mezcal, one amazing drink that its kind of like the sister of tequila… but better and it goes wonderfully with the BBQ Ribs or the big tasty Hamburgers inside the cool atmosphere of the restaurant where you can appreciate the typical handcrafted ALEBRIJES… this fantastic but beautiful creatures made of wood and all kind of colors and forms, watching this it’s a nice experience while having a nice conversation or just watching the game in one of the big TV’s.
Many other things that PLAZA TANGOLUNDA offers make me so satisfied like the relaxing pool just outside the rooms where I can spend hours or the fact that its such a safe area where you can go around safely without worries and its so beautiful around here and so close to the beach that I can go walking and if I want to go downtown there’s cheap taxis outside the hotel almost all the time, I appreciate very much my peace of Heaven down in Huatulco, hoping to go back and hoping all of you have a great pleasant experience like I do everytime I go there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. My husband and I and our 3 children age 10-14 and my friend and her kids aged 12 & 14. Hotel is a small and the pool is not as big as it appears but the staff is extremely friendly. The restaurant/bar stayed open until 3pm even though we were the only ones there but the staff had no issues with us hanging out in the bar and didn't close until we left. Beds are very comfortable and clean. Had free internet also. Only issue we had and we left the hotel 2 nights earlier was my friends room was close to the street and she heard all the noise, but she's a light sleeper. We moved to Hotel Castillo Huatulco because our friend wanted to sleep. It was a bigger hotel but we immediately noticed the difference in the staff. The Plaza Tangolunda staff were way friendlier and the beds were much more comfortable. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank ram001_11
Brussels BE - Piacenza IT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2005

My husband and I just came back from a long trip through Mexico and this is certainly the best hotel we stayed in.
It's quite a small hotel, brand new and immaculately kept. It's simply, but nicely decorated with a lot of taste.
It is the perfect base to explore Huatulco's numerous bays for all those who do not want to stay in the big "all inclusive" hotels, but still want to enjoy the calm of Tangolunda instead of the buzz of La Crucecita.
It shares the Crown Plaza beach club, which is great because sometimes you just want to be lazy and don't feel like going to explore different places. You can also have your meals at the Crown Plaza.
The owner/manager is friendly and willing to give you good tips on places to visit.
It's definitely great value for money. We truly enjoyed our time there.

8 Thank albina