“exceptional”

Price range: US$4 - US$19
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 January 2014

best steak I have had in Mexico. Glad I decided to go. We where on second floor loved to watch world go by while I relaxed to great food and some Mexican singers

1  Thank Michadam325

Reviewed 10 December 2013

A group of five of us wanted to eat off the resort - we had heard good things about this restaurant so decided to give it a try. Coming from beef country in Alberta, we know and love our beef and I can say we were pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. All five of us raved about the tenderness of the meat - the steaks are delivered on a skillet and the portions are very large. They even brought us a complimentary side order of cactus, which was an interesting touch and we all got to try something new. We didn't think the prices were out of line - with a generous tip, we were all able to have some wine and a great meal for 400 pesos each, or about $33 Canadian. After a few days of resort food, this was a great way to add some local flavour to our visit.

1  Thank Gordon M
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I had dinner at the El Vaquero on the recommendations of a friend. A great recommendation it was. The rib eye steak was cooked to perfection. The service was exceptional and the ambiance noteworthy. Rather pricy but all considered, well worth the price. I will visit again when in town.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

You must have their arrachera - steak made the Mexican way! It's fabulous. Rather than a baked potatoe with it, it comes with a cooked onion - delicious - and again, the Mexican way! There are two locations - one on the main street close to Walmart, and one further down the street towards Manzanillo. The one further down the road has the best ambience - really nice - pick a table beside the fire. I go several times every time I visit Manzanillo, and I have yet to be disappointed.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The steaks are very good. The portions are huge. We had leftovers for the next day. It is close to the hotels.