“Old but good for the price”

Las Hadas By Brisas
Ranked #3 of 53 Hotels in Manzanillo
Hermosillo, Mexico
“Old but good for the price”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This was a Family trip, we were a party of 12 and stay there for 5 days . The hotel has a beautiful location, very nice beach and a really good pool the food and drinks were average but good and the room very old but clean.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Jugebuce
Alejandrina N, Director Comercial at Las Hadas By Brisas, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments and specially the attention to detail of your description regarding your recent stay at Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo.
We sincerely apologize for not meeting your total expectations about the hotel and our service. Please take our apologies and hopefully on your next visit, we will find a way to offer you a great experience to show you our appreciation.

Jorge Garibay / General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Finnish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Las Hadas is a beatiful place, but it is out- dated. Common areas are well kept. We have a ver nice suite but dirty and with bed bug and ants all over. The basic things did not work properly like, fan, lights, cofee maker, curtains,door, etc.

We ate in 3 of the restaurants and we were surprised on how dirty the kitchen was on all of them. We got sick.

The gym area is old and rusted. It in not acceptable.

The people in the hotel are very nice and helpful.

We would not come back!

Maria

Room Tip: Suites are pretty and big.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Maria K
Alejandrina N, Director Comercial at Las Hadas By Brisas, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations about the hotel and our service. We always strive to provide good quality service to our guests from the very beginning throughout the whole stay.

Gerente General
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We were quite disappointed on our recent trip to Las Hadas. The first room we were put in was dirty and not renovated, it was also moldy. One of the problems was that I was bitten by a brown recluse spider a couple of months ago, and still can't walk. Las Hadas is unsuitable for anyone in a wheelchair.

On this trip we took our 14 year old granddaughter hoping for a lovely vacation. Sadly the first 2 days were ruined by a series of unfortunate incidents.

1. Dated, moldy and dirty room.
2. Bed bugs. YES! Now I am in no way blaming the hotel, however I do feel that since the first room was unsuitable by any standards and also since our granddaughter is seriously allergic to all insects, we could have had a death by anaphylactic shock. She began having chest pains and trouble breathing during the night. Now since we always travel prepared, I was able to give her a triple dose of antihistamines. In my opinion the first night should have been on the house. In other words we should not have been charged at all. A doctor was sent up confirming that she had indeed been bitten by bedbugs and injectable medication prescribed.
3. The hotel management handled things exceptionally well, and the following night we were put into a very suitable room.
4. We were kept in the original room until roughly 4 P.M. missing our first full day.

So in closing I felt that reception was sadly lacking in courtesy and common sense.

The good part is this.
1. The gourmet restaurant Legazpi was excellent. The grounds immaculate and the pool well maintained.
2. Breakfasts were pretty good. Not on a par with The Karmina Palace, however still very nice over all.
3. All hotel staff, with the exception of reception employees were very attentive and helpful. Top marks for them and management. Lowest possible marks for all staff that we met at reception, who argued about everything.
4. The hotel is lovely, stunning architecture and lots for kids to do. Including free scuba lessons and exercise classes.

So as a final summary, I would advise that parents whose kids are allergic to insect bites avoid this hotel at all costs during the rainy season. Way too many insects at that time of year.

I would also insist on being put in a renovated room. That is what they are advertising and that is what you must demand. If they try to palm off a dirty and outdated room, just refuse to accept it. It's easy to see with the marble tiles cracked and filthy.

It's really unfortunate about the bed bugs, however that in truth could have happened anywhere. They are epidemic now since so many people are traveling by plane. There is no way they could have known about them.

Since this is the second time we have visited Las Hadas, and were disappointed with the previous management, which to it's credit has changed, I would not consider returning due to the cavalier attitude at reception. They simply did not care at all about the guests in my opinion and experience.

One last comment. Internet service is virtually non-existent so don't bother paying 12 USD per day.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool area appear to have been renovated, however for me there were just too ma...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank mexigal_10
Alejandrina N, Director Comercial at Las Hadas By Brisas, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay at Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo.

We appreciate the valuable information you have provided, we will focus on the details, specially our opportunities at the front desk and we hope you can come and visit us in the near future to show you our appreciation.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you personally and greet you and your husband as well as your grand daughter in person again.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with Trip Advisor’s community.

Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

This was the first time I stayed at Las Hadas; as you enter the resort is a beautiful place to vacation i
And do outside activities..

Is not until you enter the room and you star getting comfortable that you might run into the the following problems like I did ...

1- The shower clogged- is 11:00 pm my daughter gets in the shower and didn't notice that the water was not going down the drain but all the water was flooding the bathroom and the the room and management did not sent anyone until an hour later but they couldn't clean all the water since all cleaning staff was gone for the night

2- cleaning service the next day did not come to clean my room all day until I called them at 5:00 pm again not enough staff but again by the time my too
Smell bad due to all the wet towels from the night before

3- my itinerary included the continental breakfast and when I ask in reception if I needed anything to show at the restaurant they said no but the day I decided it to go have breakfast they did not wanted to honor free breakfast until I talk to management and for me that was a very embarrassing moment that I don't feel I needed to go thru just because someone failed to pull the Information of my itinerary in the system

My stay overall was average as I do travel a lot and have stayed at very nice hotels with really good customers services something that this hotels needs better skills on customer service !!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Yadira H
Alejandrina N, Director Comercial at Las Hadas By Brisas, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with Trip Advisor's community and ourselves your comments and specially the attention to detail of your description regarding your recent stay at Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo.

As a professional in the industry and responsible for our team, I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations about the hotel and our service. Our commitment to you and everyone that honours us by choosing Las Hadas Golf Resort and Marina for their Vacation destination is that we will always strive to provide good quality service from the very beginning and throughout the whole stay.

I do appreciate the valuable information in regards to your stay, as I will take this information very seriously and share it with my team to make sure it does not happen again. In fact, let me inform you that we are in the process of working with our team to improve immediately each and every one of the detailed situations you have shared with us..

On Behalf of the entire team at Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo, we thank you for your visit and look forward to receiving you in the near future.

Jorge Garibay / General Manger
GDL
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I will try to be as objective as posible, this is a place I have visited in several ocassions and it has everything to be a world class resort.

To begin I'll try to mention the good aspects of the resort:
Beautiful Beach
Nice pool
Well mantained common areas

Now the following are things we disliked and could make us go else where if not fixed:

Room related:
* Rooms are old and out dated.
* AC did not work properly in the room.
* safe deposit box in the room was a joke and not functional.
* Rooms have a stench of sewer, really bad and the front desk did not act up on this.
* If the smell wasn´t enough they fumigated the unit leaving a far worse stench in the room.

Restaurants:
* if you are there for the weekend the breakfast restaurant is very inefficient and you can not rellly on the waiters to get you anything not even the bill, but to be fair that is not their problem but the lack of staff. The buffet food is limited, I guess the best is the fruit, and I can not understand how they offer customized omelettes if they do not give a proper service they have one person serving hundreds and in the buffet there is no eggs.
* The liquor if you pay the all inclusive is far too cheap and even if you ask for the better stuf included in the package, they try to sneak in the worst of the worst in your drink. I simply don't understand this.
* Snacks are simply ok
* Dinner @ Los Delfines was a SHAME!!!! all 3 time we dinned there we were told there were no Shrimp and we could not order anything has it. This by default took away almost half of the menu away, but why 3 consecutive days without shrimp?!?!?!?!?!? this is TOTALLY unacceptable!!!!
* and to make things all better for some stupid reason you have to sign a bill every time you ask for anything, a coke, beer, water, and of course breakfast, lunch and dinner...... but why if we had the all inclusive package???? the waiters had to be looking for me every time my daughter ask for water. Totally senseless!!!!
Overall service:

I think the waiters and staff try very hard, they are understaffed and crazy policies make the service LOUSY!!!

I can say that paying 100 USD per person per night for the all inclusive was a waste of money!

I was very disappointed and I hope they do something about this, because it once was a beautiful place to stay at.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RBG71

Jorge Garibay / General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Manzanillo hotels

Northern Ontario
Reviewed 21 April 2013

If you want a quiet, relaxing trip with excellent service, this is the place for you. We were at this resort for 2 weeks in March (which included part of the March Break). This was my second time at this resort and I definitely plan on returning. It is not for everyone, given that there are very little activities and while we were there, they were way below full capacity, which meant excellent service for us!

ROOM: Room was very spacious. The beds are a little on the hard side but was not an issue. Towels are large and thick. Mini-Bar was replenished daily and our requests were granted. Sylvia was our housekeeper and she provided excellent service. There are a lot of stairs on this resort, thus, if someone has problems with their mobility, they would be best to have a room in a section closer to the pool/beach areas. We enjoyed the walk & exercise.

BEACH: The beach is small but adjacent to the Marina, thus one can walk the beach & pier. We always saw beautiful coloured fish in the water in the Marina area. The beach is calm and the water is clear with no weeds. The color of the water is not an aqua like one would find in Cancun or Mayan Riviera but it was still a beautiful blue/green color. The sand is a darker sand and can get very hot, thus, you need to walk with your sandals in some areas. There were always plenty of chairs and cabanas available regardless of the time that we showed up at the beach. Pedro works very hard at carrying those mattresses across the beach.

POOL: The main pool is huge and extremely well maintained. There are lots of chairs available. They have new loungers and umbrellas this year and they are very nice. They took away the cushions on the wrought iron chairs which made them uncomfortable to sit on for an extended period of time (?)

GROUNDS: Grounds are absolutely gorgeous and truly out of this world, if one can appreciate the architecture and uniqueness of this place. It is like being in a magical little Mediterranean village. Grounds are kept immaculate and cobblestone streets are swept every morning. Gardeners were also working very hard at re-planting flowering shrubs. Various species of tropical flowers and greenery can be found throughout the resort. We did notice this year, however, that some areas could benefit from a coat of white paint but with a resort this size, one can understand that it can be difficult to keep on top of the painting. This place is a photographer’s dream!

FOOD: Given my food intolerances, I cannot be more appreciative of the service that I received at this resort. Not only did I not get contaminated once in 2 weeks BUT I also did not feel deprived at all. I could essentially have most things on the menus, yet they did have to tweek the preparation just a bit in order to eliminate the possibility of cross-contamination. I had brought my gluten-free travel cards that were translated into Spanish. I showed these everywhere I went & found out that a copy of such had already been sent to all the restaurants on the resort. They were aware of my situation and definitely went out of their way to serve me. I found that I was entitled to a greater variety of food than I am in Canada mostly because they cook with fresh herbs and spices, etc.

Breakfast: This took place at El Palmar. We were usually able to get a table outside and had a gorgeous view of the pool area. The service here was great and the quality of the food was very good. The fruit is extremely tasty here and they always had trays of different varieties. The pineapple tasted like candy, it was so sweet and juicy. I had a server who checked out a couple of things for me (sorry, I forget his name) and I found out that their bacon was gluten free (i.e. no spices,etc…)….BONUS!

Lunch: We could have lunch at Los Delfines or the Oasis (both a la carte). I was pleasantly pleased that I could have fajitas as one had the option of flour OR corn tortillas. The guacamole, ceviche and fresh salsa were excellent! I could also have their corn nachos. I still get cravings for the Xochil Broth which is on the menu @ Los Delfines. As for the spaghetti Bolognese, they prepared my gluten free pasta (that I had brought). I could not try it but was told that the Caesar salad @ Los Delfines was very good. Again, the service was excellent at both places. Martin was especially efficient at the Oassis and Jesus went out of his way to ensure that the food was prepared to my specifications @ Los Delfines. LOVE the view from Los Delfines as it is by the ocean and one can see colourful fish in the water .

Dinner: Dinner was either at Los Delfines or at Legazpi restaurant (must book). Legazpi is definitely a must. It offers fine dining at its best . The service was impeccable and the food was very tasty. Frederico (also known as Rocky) was the Maître D and took excellent care of us and made sure that my food was prepared properly. My only complaint about the food would be that it is a bit too salty. The steak is excellent as is the salmon and chicken. The appetizers such as the salmon tart, Greek salad as well as others were all excellent. The ambiance is also very nice as there is a piano player. It would be ideal if they also made use of the patio outside so that people could eat there as it offers a beautiful view and would make for an unbelievable experience. My other little suggestion would be to break up the days that Legazpi is open. Rather than have it open several days in a row and then closed, I believe that it would be best for the guests to be able to alternate restaurants instead.

There is also Mexican night that takes place in the courtyard. The set-up is absolutely beautiful and they work very hard at organizing this fiesta. I did not eat there as it was buffet-style but I must say that the food looked extremely appetizing. Next year I will have to find out if I can have some dishes.

STAFF: I cannot say enough about the staff at this resort. They are very friendly and are there to please. They truly stand out. Not only are they efficient and provide a quality service but they also seem to truly enjoy what they do. I must mention the bell-boys who provided transportation to us during our stay (golf carts). Santana is a friendly and funny character and made our stay extra-special. Ulesis and Jorge are also worth mentioning as they provided us with excellent service with a smile. Virginia also stood out & she did an excellent job of keeping the washrooms clean at night. What a wonderful lady!

I have been to numerous resorts throughout the Caribbean but this one stands out because of the uniqueness of the resort, the quality of service and the friendliness of the staff. Keep it up Las Hadas!!!

*** I believe that Air Transat needs to promote this place and keep it available as one of their destinations. The plane was not full when we went & it was prime time, thus, it is hoped that it will continue to be available from Canada. It is also a beautiful wedding destination.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Bridge68
Alejandrina N, Director of Sales at Las Hadas By Brisas, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
AGRADECIEMIENTO:

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your stay at Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo, we appreciate the recognition of our staff efforts to provide quality and friendly service, we are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

We also appreciate the valuable information in regards to your stay, we will take this information to make sure it does not happen again, please take our apologies and hopefully on your next visit, we will find a way to offer you a great experience to show you our appreciation.

Cordially,
Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The hotel is very well located, the beach is beautiful and the staff is nice, the rooms are old and not well maintained, the room was dirty, bath tub had ants, hair, floor was dirty with hair, bathrrom door did not work, terrace pool had tiles missing.
It is a shame because the hotel has a good name but the inspection of the rooms is not good.
Breakfast was OK but the restaurant itself is not crisp.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ronferso
Alejandrina N, Director of Sales at Las Hadas By Brisas, responded to this review, 23 April 2013