“A nice relaxing week at Las Hadas”

Las Hadas By Brisas
Ranked #4 of 53 Hotels in Manzanillo
Saskatoon
“A nice relaxing week at Las Hadas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Just returned from a week all-inclusive at Las Hadas after a less than pleasant travel day with Air Transat/Enerjet. A big thanks to this hotel for the sandwiches and coffee that were provided to us on our arrival at 11:00 PM, seven hours after our expected arrival time, which was after the hotel's buffet had closed.
This was my 15th all-inclusive vacation and it was definitely very relaxing as others here have mentioned. It was the first time ever that we never had to hurry down to find a place on the beach. Many chairs, tables were available and don't forget to ask whoever is working at the beach towel stand for the mattresses, comfy!
The staff in general were friendly and helpful, however the servers at Delphines could use a little help. Our last evening it was incredibly hard to get a menu, as was mentioned in another review here. It became a self serve for me, after 10 minutes of waiting I helped myself to a menu, gave our order to another waiter who then related the order to our server. It continued with trying to order from the dessert menu ... lol, yeah maybe a little less chitchat and more service??
Knowing this resort had many stairs I still asked for a room with a view and was not disappointed. The walk up and down those stairs were great for burning off those extra calories consumed at the great breakfast buffet.
There are warnings about the sea urchins and we saw people fishing them out of the water every day. I did see one local get bitten and this young man looked like he was in extreme pain ... so beware. After that I only went in with water shoes.
One thing that I did know ahead of time was the fact of no entertainment other than the Mexican night, which was great, and the guitar player on BBQ night. Evenings were spent in the lobby, checking info. on our tablets, meeting people and watching music videos from the '80s!??
This trip was bought last minute so all in all, a good value.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Alejandrina N, Director Comercial at Las Hadas By Brisas, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your stay at Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo, we appreciate the recognition of our staff efforts to provide quality and friendly service, we are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

Jorge Garibay / General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Finnish first
Vancouver Island, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

After taking my family to several different resorts in Mexico I finally convinced my parents to join us. We had never been to Manzanilla and Las Hadas looked like a beautiful resort. The resort is so quiet it became what I would say just plain boring. We were not looking for retirement we just wanted to have a fun vacation. We did take a trip to go see the sea turtles and mangroves, but we had to do all the arrangements ourselves because the concierge in the lobby would not help us. And then when we did ask for information of any other activities, we didn't get much help. Important note to families with children, the concierge informed us that are not allowed in the ala cart restaurants. The buffet was only open for breakfast this is the only good meal you will get. If you are diabetic or have celiac decease good luck eating lunch or supper. Dophinos was the restaurant it had a choice of "buffet" for supper. The "buffet" consists of six trays of food or order off the menu that never changed over the week. By the end of the trip I was really getting annoyed that I had to sign the bill after each meal or got drinks at the pool or beach. I looked at the charges on some of the bills I signed the prices were ridiculous I was glad my trip was all inclusive. I will come back to Manzanilla it is a great city, Las Hadas, however, I will remember only in pictures. They don't have queen beds in the quad occupancy rooms so prepare to fight for covers in the bed

1 Thank Neilio S
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments and specially the attention to detail of your description regarding your recent stay at Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo.

We sincerely apologize for not meeting all of your expectations about the hotel and our service. It is important to tell a characteristic of Las Hadas Manzanillo is a hotel to rest and relax completely. We do not want to change that including loud music at the pool, shows, games and great activities, it is not our concept. And many of our frequent visitors appreciate this.

We will take your feedback to make some adjustments in our most important departments such as Food & Beverage and Entertainment according to us at the Lobby Bar.

I hope to have the opportunity to personally meet you in your next stay in which I am sure will improve your perception fully.

Jorge Garibay / General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Manzanillo hotels

Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Spent a week at Las Hadas from Feb 4 to Feb 11. Traveled with our teenage son.

Thought the hotel was beautiful as were the grounds. The rooms need updating but they were perfectly fine given that we only spent time in the room to sleep and shower. Loved the big balconies. One night our air conditioning quit working but we went to the front desk the next morning and it was fixed that day.

The best thing about the resort were the workers - from the cleaning staff, groundskeepers, waiters/waitresses and vendors. It didn't matter who you met they always greeted you with a smile and were very appreciative of any tip left for them. They were not pushy at all.

The beach was nice but small (as we knew from reading other reviews) with only a few sea urchins in the water. The water was very clear so if you watched, you were able to see them.

The food was great. The breakfast buffet had lots of fresh fruit, omelettes which were cooked in front of you with your choice of filling, yogurt, cereal etc. For lunch there was a beach hut where you could order a hamburger, hotdog, guacamole etc. which was always good. For lunch and supper you could eat at Dolphines where they had a buffet or you could order from the menu. They had a great selection of fresh salad which was appreciated. The view was outstanding.

Our TransAt rep (JC) was amazing and provided us with lots of useful information. We felt very safe walking in the Village. People need to do their homework and determine where they are going rather than complaining when they get there. We knew there were lots of stairs but we certainly didn't mind the exercise however some people would have difficulty.

I guess the only thing that we missed was the nightly entertainment. For my husband and I we would be fine but with a teenager the nights were a little boring. There wasn't anything to do after supper.

The weather was absolutely perfect - hot every day. It's a beautiful place and I expect that we will be back.

Thank-you for a great relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Was in Room 307 and close to everything. Beautiful view. The sunrise was stunning.
1 Thank ptherres

I am very happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us, specially the warmth and friendliness of our staff.

On Behalf of the entire team at Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina Manzanillo, we thank you for your visit and look forward to receiving you in the near future.

Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We just returned from a stay at Las Hadas last week and while this grand dame of Manzanillo still has movie star good looks (especially the grounds), it could use a nip and tuck. Overall we loved our stay and we will be back. I've stayed everywhere from the Ritz in Paris and the Dorchester in London to a Motel 6 in Southern Californin's Inland Empire and everywhere in between so I have some perspective. I'll break it down good and bad:

Good: The views are stunning! The view from our room (185) was truly breathtaking. The price is right (we got the rate $190 per night all-inclusive including tax + our two kids were free). The service is very friendly and attentive--shout out to Claire who organizes the diving, etc. She was awesome! The lobby bar is lovely. Pool was big enough that it never felt crowded and the beach is so accessible and very nice. We were warned of sea urchins but never encountered any. We felt very relaxed, the kids had a ball. The breakfast was served in a lovey open-air dining room that overlooks the pool and beach--very nice. Also dinner was served in a beautiful palapa overlooking the bay called Les Delfines. The settings of both meals were great (more on food below). The rooms are clean and spacious, but need updating (chipped tiles, threadbare towels, rust stains, etc.) but for the price--and hey it's Mexico--it's all tolerable.

Bad: The food is not great, it's not terrible but it's just OK. With perhaps a new head chef and a little overhaul this could be easily remedied. If we had paid a la carte prices for the food we'd have probably been more disappointed, but bc it was all included we were OK with it. The other negative was the shabbiness of the bathrooms and the swim up bar, (missing tiles, moldy grout).

Overall though again I would recommend as a great value for a still quite lovey resort. It's still fun to imagine Bo Derek running on the beach back in the "10" days. We hope by our next visit they up the food quality!

Room Tip: Don't go too high if you don't like stairs. Room 185 had a fabulous view!
2 Thank NellesMama
Alejandrina N, Director Comercial at Las Hadas By Brisas, responded to this review, 26 February 2014

We also appreciate the valuable information in regards to your stay, we will take this information to make significant changes in the quality and presentation of the food in our restaurants, As well as our cleanliness standards.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with Trip Advisor’s community.

Regina, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I wish I could start off this review with good comments. I'm not much of a hard person to please. But this resort is nothing like it is made out to be. I was highly disappointed with a number of things. To start it off, I was very unimpressed with the food, they had a TERRIBLE selection especially for supper. After a long day of either sightseeing or spending the day on the beach, you expect/want a nice meal. Except that wasn't the case. The "buffet" consisted of maybe 4-5 different things to choose from, a salad bar that didn't look fresh, and desserts that had been sitting. I never left full after a dinner at this restaurant called the Dolphines. Also not sure why at the end of each meal, or even grabbing a drink or two we needed to sign a receipt, we had all inclusive bands on.
The breakfast was slightly better than the supper "buffet". You could have an omelette made for you if you wished, or choose from a few other pre-made dishes. Yogurt and some fresh fruit was available if you wanted. I left more full at breakfast than I did at supper.
Las Hadas is in desperate need of renovations if they want to be considered a 4.5 star.
Not to mention that there was no entertainment whatsoever. There's no nightlife at this resort, I'm not sure what you're expected to do at night. That was a huge disappointment.
I could go on and on about more things, but I'll just say, if you're planning on going to Manzanillo, choose another resort and stay away from this one. Save your money.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Integirl

We sincerely apologize for not meeting all of your expectations about the hotel and our service. We will take your feedback to make some adjustments in our most important departments such as Food & Beverage and Entertainment and also investments in equipment and rooms.

Jorge Garibay / Dirección General
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

This resort was beautiful but old and dated. They filmed the movie "10" here in the seventies and the owners are still believing that the resort is up to those standards today. We had a room that was a 10 minute hike from the restaurant and up several hills to get to it. The one restaurant which would have been close to our room has been closed and is no longer open to the public, except for special events. Our room was beautiful but on the last day of our stay, the sewer backed up and the room was uninhabitable for several hours. On top of this, we had no hot water during the three days and nights that we stayed there, despite having called everyday and being assured that it would be taken care of.

Room Tip: Depending on your health, the rooms farthest from the hotel office are the most romantic.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

We sincerely apologize for not meeting all of your expectations about the hotel and our service. We always strive to provide good quality service to our guests from the very beginning throughout the whole stay.

We will take your feedback to make some adjustments in our most important departments such as Room Maintenance, Food & Beverage and Entertainment.

Lethbridge, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

This resort is beautiful on the outside but the rooms need upgrade, We were the from the 26th of Jan. to the 9th of february. . Our first room was nice, but 1and half weeks into it the room down the hall was being repainted and the paint fumes were so bad that we had to move to the other end of the hotel. This was done without any question, the next room was beautiful as well until you got to the bathroom which had alot of mold by the tub along the mirror which I asked the front staff to see if they could have fixed that day while we were out. Not done at all by the time we had to leave, four days later. Fridges have not been cleaned forever. By the way watch what you take from the fridges as all is not included. Very pricy!!!! The food was repeated daily at the buffet and only selection was on two big round tables. Which only hold some eight different foods. Yes you can order from the menu but not much of a choice on that neither, Only 1 lacate resturate , only open 3 days a week. Had to wait way to long there for service. Didn't return. Most days at the poolside we had to get our own drinks as the servers were just to busy with other activies in the area help to set up for the event. Most days we were only asked twice if we wanted anything. Yes we tipped heavly at first , then very lightly at the end. They were all very freindly at all times., as the waved and carried on. We had our best service from the bellhops at night out in the main breezeway. They were awesome and very busy, and still got us drink plus did their normal jobs. Hats off to them. I truly thing that mangers have done all of the bad thinks to this hotel, because the staff is just not there. We waited longer to get your SILLY CHECKS then it took to eat and that was a wait. I hope that mangers do something great with this as it is a beautiful resort on the outside. If stairs and sloping landscapes are diffently a challenge.Maybe next time you have a wedding on the beach you should put all the guest for that event in front of it as they didn't sleep all night as the rest of the guest that weren't invite didn't.

Room Tip: Rooms in front of the pool are moldy>
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judywheeler2014

We will take your feedback to make some adjustments in our most important departments such as House Keeping, Food & Beverage and Entertainment.