Las Hadas By Brisas
Tesoro Manzanillo(Manzanillo)
US$142
US$137
  • Pool
Hotel Villas Los Angeles(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$72
Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$72
Dolphin Cove Inn(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$74
  • Breakfast included
City Express Manzanillo(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$51
Hotel Marbella(Manzanillo)
US$44
US$42
Hotel La Posada(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$54
Barcelo Karmina(Manzanillo)
US$256
Travelocity
1,312 results
All reviewsbrisas beach clubgolf courselegazpi restaurantfishprivate poolmobility issueslobby barbo derekan older resortall inclusive optiona la cartechange roomsquiet resortsea urchinsother resortsadult only poolrelaxing vacation
Reviewed 19 January 2009

We just came back from our honeymoon in Manzanillo and we have only positive things to share about this hotel. Room was amazing and extremely clean. Staff was always helpful and friendly, they make you feel really pampered. The food was delicious (we didn't have AI..but had dinner a la carte every night). Overall one of the best hotels we have stayed in and will not hesitate to recommend it to eveyone.

• Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank Gabs7106
Reviewed 6 January 2009

My family and I have just returned from a weeklong post-Christmas / New Years Eve holiday at Las Hadas and I honestly have not stopped raving about it to everyone I know since I came home. I was shocked to see a negative review recently posted, since we loved everything about our time there.

We were traveling with our 2.5 yr old twin sons and found the resort to be very accommodating and welcoming to us. The resort is indeed older, but by no means run down (I've attached a few photos from our trip to show how striking the resort is). It is unique in that it looks unlike any other and each day we would enjoy wandering around the white walled property, exploring each nook and cranny.

The beach did have black sand, but this is not a negative thing. It was the softest finest sand I have ever felt along the Pacific and I was told (and confirmed in guide books) that it gets its black color from the high mineral content due to the nearby Volcano Colima. Also, there was plenty of room to splash, play, swim, snorkel, etc., and because the property is situated along the bay, there were only soft waves so our little ones could enjoy the water with no stress. The resort has amble beach chairs, foam beach beds and overhead canopies set up for guests and we didn't have any trouble getting service. My husband would go down and save our space each morning and then we would eat at the breakfast buffet (delicious each day!) and then head down to the beach for a few hours.

In the afternoon we went to the pool, and while the water was initially chilly, the fact that it was consistently 85 degrees outside more than made up for that. Once we got in, we really didn't notice it any more. We were at the pool each day from around noon - 2:00pm and it was very crowded each time. We ate lunch poolside pretty much every day and, one again, didn't have a problem with service.

The rooms are white with marble floors and sparsely decorated, but this is the theme of the resort, so I wasn't bothered by it. The beds were hard, but I have read from other posts that the staff will give you a mattress topper upon request. I like a hard bed, so I didn't mind one bit.

What makes this (and the other Las Brisas property I have visited stand out) is the fact that the architecture of the buildings makes full use of, and works in compliment with, the natural geography. Translation - it's built into the hillside, so be prepared for lots of stairs. But just check out my pictures from our balcony - it was definitely worth the effort! Also, the staff is truly outstanding. From the babysitter we arranged through the hotel to watch our boys for a few hours on 3 of our 6 nights there (her name is Lucia and she was wonderful - she didn't speak much English, but our boys really enjoyed playing with her) to the waitstaff at the pool who took the time to remember our boys names and welcome us back each afternoon, to the lovely hostess who seated us each morning for breakfast and gave our boys "besos" on our last day, we truly felt well cared for and appreciated as guests.

Some highlights - be sure not to miss the Mexican Fiesta night (the *best* chicken mole and chile relleno I have ever eaten) and the Beach Party night. The staff works very hard to prepare for and execute these events and it pays off.

Also, there is a little Italian restaurant next to the resort along the marina call Poco Pazzo that is delicious! We ate dinner there twice (once with the kids and once without) and loved it both times. It always seems crowded, so be prepared to wait, but it is worth it (the lasagna, cheese ravioli with pesto and pizza are great!).

Next to the restaurant is a little laundrymat where you can do wash if needed (we have little ones, so we did twice - 10 pesos for wash & dry. You can buy soap at the mini-mart next door when you buy tokens for the machines - 5.50 pesos).

We stayed at or near the resort the entire time (why leave somewhere so perfect??) but one afternoon I did take a stroll down to check out some of the other properties while the twins were napping. I saw the Karmina Palace which looked totally busy and crazy with people everywhere - not bad, just very hectic. Las Hadas, while full of guests, never felt crowded or stressful. You would see the same faces at the same places - we even made a few new friends during our stay.

Overall, this was a truly wonderful family holiday. I would go back right this moment and would recommend it to anyone - especially those traveling with little ones! We ate everything and drank the purified water served throughout the resort (my boys even opened their mouths in the shower even though I begged them not too!) and no one got sick. I did notice that they had a few bottles of Pedialyte in the fridge in the gift shop on property, which is nice just in case.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank VegasPisces
Reviewed 4 January 2009

The property is old and its manteinance is overlooked. Our room was just OK and not very well cleaned. Bed was OK, pillows were bumpy. Water pressure could be better. The reception area is not enjoyable and the lobby bar is not inviting. The pool was the coldest I've ever seen (I wonder if the hotel does this on purpose, otherwise the pool would be crowded). Service by the pool is very slow (if any). The beach of the hotel is small and not nice (big areas of black sand). In the beach the service is, again, nearly non-existent. We had to give some money to a man (from the hotel) to get us a beach chair. Internet is very slow and very expensive. The glasses in the breakfast were dirty, all of them.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 30 December 2008

The hotel grounds are astonishing. It is a 35 year old hotel, but has been well maintained. The architecture is out of this world. Walking around the hotel makes you feel like you are in a little city somewhere in Europe.

BEACH:
Very private. No vendors. Excellent facilities. Lots of chairs with individual tarps and blow-up mattresses for sleeping. The beach has no waves so small children can swim without supervision. There is a raft in the middle of the ocean you can swim to and relax. Lots of water sports available to hotel members

FOOD:
I have no idea why people are complaining. There are 5 places you can eat at. Two of which require prior reservations (Gaspi and Terral), and there was lots of availability with both dates and times. You could even go up to 3 times to eat. There is also the big breakfast restaurant that has a buffet, which my family enjoyed very much. Lots of variety. There is also another restaurant by the ocean (Dolphins) which also had a buffet at lunch and dinner times. Finally, there is a quick snack bar/restaurant at the beach. Great if you don't want to waste time away from the beach.

**TIP** I had no idea that at any of these restaurants, you can always order from "La carta" and it is all covered with the all-inclusive. Some couples were ordering t-bone steaks!

Finally, there are 3 big dinner celebrations, the Mexican Fiesta which is located in the main plaza of the hotel (This is a must! it has a show and all), the beach party with music and dancing right on the beach and the Italian party where breakfast is served. This took place on Christmas and was spectacular!

Manzanillo per se is not a great touristic city. We went downtown only once and were back within 2 hours. This is nothing like Acapulco/Cancun/etc where you can go to malls shopping or bars. There isn't much to do, but enjoy the food, drinks and amazing weather back at the resort.

Completely 100% recommend this hotel. We are definitely going back next year for Christmas. Forgot to mention, rooms are great too, with a big patio for kids to play. Service was also fantastic. Lots of towels.

Have more questions? want to see my pictures on flickr? send me an email.

One last comment, people from our same airplane stayed at El TESORO and did not like it. They got moved a day later to Las Hadas with us.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
6  Thank mtompki
Reviewed 30 November 2008

We spent a week at Las Hadas in Nov, 2008. This was our first trip to Manzanillo, but we have been to Puerta Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas in the past.

The rooms were nice, the beds were typical Mexican resort style - hard as a rock. The bathroom just had a shower (make sure to read the instructions on how to get it to work right!), and the rooms were clean. Our rooms had a beautiful view of the ocean from the balcony.

There are a lot of stairs to get to the rooms from anywhere on the grounds, but the resort provides golf carts and drivers to shuttle you back and forth. There are lots of cobblestones - not great for high heels.

The pool area was clean, the chairs could have used cushions. The beack chairs were the most uncomforable chairs in the world, but there are these foam beds that the workers can bring that are very comfortable.

The snorkelling right off the resort beach is fantastic - there are tons and tons of fish 3 feet off the shore. Make sure to bring snorkel gear.

We had fantastic meal experiences at the resort - much better than expected. Legzapi's (a la carte) was amazing - if you can, make sure to book 2 dinners at this restaurant. The service was amazing, and the caesar salad for 2 was the best I have ever had. Dolphino's restaurant (supper and lunch, buffet or menu available) was the nicest atmosphere - right on the water with a great view of the fish. The food at Dolphino's was ok, the steak and the mahi mahi on the menu got great reviews from my group. The Mexican a la carte restaurant wasn't a favorite with our group, especially after Legzapi's. The theme nights at the resort were well done, Italian night was fantastic...

Bernardo, a waiter on the beach, was awesome, very attentive, friendly, and fast.

We didn't spend much time off the resort (we went downtown one morning, and to a craft market one afternoon). There are activities you can book from the tour groups right in the lobby of the resort if you want to go snorkelling or on a booze cruise.

We had a great week, great food, and great service. It was a fantastic experience.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank MagooMaggieMurphy