This was our 15th trip to Mexico but first to Manzanillo.
Las Hadas is a rather 'tired" hotel that really needs an overhaul if they are to live up to the 4.5 star rating.
The rooms were nice and clean. Plumbing was good. There was a Minibar but only water, beer and soft drinks were included.
Beach...A rather small beach with dark course sand. The water was very clam but few people swam in the sea. The water was cloudy with about 4-6 feet of visibity. There were lot's of fish around but you could not see enough to make snorkelling worthwhile. There was pratically no one using the kayaks or any other beach toys.
Food....Big disappointment. Yoy get 3 visits to A la Carte but all the people we spoke to could only get in twice unless they wanted a 9:30 pm reservation. The other option at night was les Delphines which was a disappointment. The menu never changed for lunch to dinner. You get fed up quickly there. For the last 3 lunches, we, and 4 other couples we met, left the resort and went to las Hadas condo's for lunch. Yes, we paid for lunch and our own drinks. That should tell you something!
The theme nights were good. Beach Party was the only night where there was entertainment past about 9pm.
I got very sick after Mexican night and called a doctor. He was excellent and after a shot of anti- biotics and gravol....I was much better the next day. If you get sick...don't wait, call the doctor ASAP....I am sure this saved my vacation.
Las Hadas is not the place to go if you want any entertainment at night. The lobby lounge is dead. We did go to the restaruant next door on 2 evenings as they had live entertainment. (blues/jazz one night, a trio that played a variety the next).
We checked out the Barcelo Karmina. This hotel is rated the same as LAs Hadas but there is no comparison...Barcelo is a lot nicer, newer and has a lot more going on. There is no way that these properties are equal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Manzanillo resort and marina with accommodations and a variety of amenities. This hotel features wedding venues, a golf course, romantic dining and event space in Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Las Hadas By Brisas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Hadas Golf Resort And Marina Hotel Manzanillo
- Las Hadas Manzanillo
- Las Hadas Mexico
- Las Hadas Hotel And Marina
- Las Hadas Golf Resort & Marina