“Loved It!”

Ranked #36 of 53 Hotels in Manzanillo
Fresno
“Loved It!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2008

My husband and I stayed at Maeva for a week. Walking to our room was a work out, which was greatly needed. The daily activities were fun and engaging. You could choose to participate or not. The best part was the FOOD. It was authentic, delicious Mexican cuisine. Those of you who complain about it are a bit confused about the country you are traveling too. The experience was perfect because we kept an open mind, were patient, and tried new things. We are going back in December.

• Liked — The price and food
  • Disliked — all was satisfactory
  • Stayed December 2005, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MEIFresno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2008

Probably the best entertainment crew I have ever witnessed! between the sports organised during the day, to the shows in the evening, to the competitions at night, the Amigo's never fail to impress....

Beautiful grounds, fantastic staff and an incredibly good looking chief made for a memorable stay! i'm just sorry my stay was cut short by an irish football club :D

Amigos include Jenny (papaya), Chris (Pescado), Cesar, Alicia, Alisha, JPabs, Cote, Davide, Jess, Memo and too many others to name......

Wishing every future success

• Liked — Fun Staff
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank Gln_8
vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2008

This place was by far the worst "resort" i have ever stayed at..people should not pay to go there..people should BE PAYED to go there...
horrible, bugs in bed, dirty beds, pools, horrible food, stray hungry cats running around everywhere..this is a local mexican favourite holiday spot, so unless you want to be stared down by a bunch of mexicans while trying to enjoy the disco, i suggest you find another resort. Oh and by the way, the beach, is NOT a beach..and it is probably a 15 minute walk from the hotel to the beach, gross sand, horrible water, plus you have to pay to use a chair. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE RESORT I CANT EVEN BEGIN TO TELL YOU TO NOT GO THERE.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — arriving
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank mikeydd

Travellers are raving about these Manzanillo hotels

Dyer, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2008

I booked a 3 night stay at Maeva it was highly recommended by a family member who stood at the resort about ten years ago. When we got there the A/C in the room did not work it took maintenance 2 hours for them to check it out. He gave me some laim excuse that it took the A/C unit 7 hours to cool. I called reception to change me rooms which took them 1 hour to change rooms. The room was filthy and not clean at all the bathroom had no towels and had used hand soap laying beside the sink, to top it off the A/C in that room did not work ethier. Over all the rooms, service and food were bad the only good thing they had was the comedy show late in the day. if you looking for a resort that you and your family are going to enjoy this is not the place.

• Liked — Comedy Show
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
Waterloo, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2008

My husband was doing the triathlon in Manzanillo, which was being hosted by Maeva, so we decided that we might as well stay there. Compared to other all inclusive hotels in the area, Maeva also seemed to be one of the cheapest.

When we arrived at the check in area there were a few people ahead of us so we did expect to have to wait a bit, but this turned into half an hour. Check in is not done very efficiently and we did not get an overly friendly vibe from the people behind the desk.
Checkout would prove to be the same thing.

We were with another couple and they got a room in the 300's (if I am not mistaken). These rooms do not have a view of the ocean. We were given a room in the 600's (again don't quote me on this) and had a spectacular view of the ocean. Both rooms were equally dated with the tacky bedspreads. But with a spectacular view of the ocean ,like we had, you care less about the room.
Our room appeared clean. We had some trouble with our toilet, which overflowed once. We asked to have it looked at, and someone did come, but he had only mediocre success, as the level of the water in the toilet would sometimes still come up very high when you flushed. I think the whole plumbing system needs and overhaul.

The grounds were well maintained and there were constantly people out there working away at it. The grounds are very extensive, so you will do quite a bit of walking to get to different places where they have activities and food, but that's ok bc one tends to overeat on these all inclusive retreats. The beach is nice but being a busier weekend, there were some little wrappers and pieces of plastic in the sand.
Food is ok. Not a big fan of Mexican food. They could have had more fruit. The Italian restaurant on the grounds is very good.
Waiters and staff around the grounds are friendly enough.

If you do go, ask for a room with an ocean view. Don't expect a sleek crisp room (unless they do a make over), but you are not getting something that is insufferable either. You can expect well maintained grounds and lost of nice areas to relax and enjoy the sun.

• Liked — Grounds
  • Disliked — Dated rooms
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fornur
SUNSET BEACH ALBERTA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2008

We are submitting this to thank you folks directly.
What a wonderful holiday you provided for us from March 15th to 22nd. Your facility was wonderful, clean, friendly, and lots to do for all types of vacationers. We stayed in unit number 253 and were very pleased with Helena the lady that cared for our room, she was excellent, and I was fortunate enough to give her a little hug each day
We were also very pleased with food facilities and the service we received from all the staff, we enjoyed the nightly entertainment and acknowledge the tremendous effort these young people put forward reallizing their day is very long and yet they just keep smiling. I would like to thank Marcos, Martin, Rafael and the fellow [who's name I forgot that ran the bar at the west restaurant Bar]
Your beach and facilities were far better than anything we had experienced in PortlaViarta, and other All Inclusives we have stayed at.

We were a bit apprehensive at first as we had read many comments regarding this resort, but those comments were made by people that should go to Cabo or Matzlan where they can party all day.This makes more room for more tourists and families.
The extrodinary part of our vacation was the fact that this was the Mexican Easter break, and the time we spent on the beach allowed us to meet many wonderful families [English and Spanish was not a barricade as we communicated very well], we now have several email addresses and pictures of our new friends.

I will keep this short, and hopefully we will be back, and we are telling all our friends and neighbors about your hotel.

Adios for know
Your friends Pat and Sue Kitto

Stayed March 2006
1 Thank FERDBERFERTS
howrya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2008

This hotel is wonderful if you are looking for new friends and a simpler yet great time. When I went, I was learning Spanish and had never before been to Mexico, so I had no idea what to expect. I arrived and found that EVERYONE, especially other guests were kind, friendly, sociable, and respectful. I met several people very quickly and they are now some of my closest friends. Theres a disco there and it was very family-friendly. I didn't have any problems with underage drunk people insulting my younger brothers like I did when I stayed at a five star hotel recently. I have to say that the hotels best aspect is the fact that it is open to a wide range of people, not just rich, snobby Europeans and Americans. Many normal, fun-loving people will be there and will be willing to get to know you. The staff was very respectful when I attempted to use the little Spanish knowledge I had, and were attentive and helpful. I loved the rooms we had as well. They were spacious and very lovely with breathtaking views of the pacific ocean, especially in the mornings when the sun rose. I also enjoyed the restaurants, although some of the imitation-American food wasn't the best...I remember the ketchup being especially far-off. I would still say the food was pretty good though.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled with family