“Would not go there again ! ”
Review of Tesoro Manzanillo

Tesoro Manzanillo
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Manzanillo
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Yes, it is a 3.5 start, that was fine with me, but it's more like a 2 start.
Service from Fernando at la palapa, lefty from housekeeping was great and also the front desk. But beside that it was just an okay place.
1. After I had to pay $50 for internet, I was 4

told, it only works at the lobby or at the pool and only in one device :( like really ??? I understand that if is free !
2. The amount of people they accommodate is bigger than the pool capacity, NEVER enough chairs at the pool unless you reserve it before 8:00 am.
3. I don't mind having a lot of kids and family but the pool smell like pee in the afternoon, pretty gross !!
4. Ala cart restaurant I order the cazuela, and it was cold ....
I don't usually write reviews or criticize, but next time I would choose the Barcello instead !! Only a .5 start difference but I heard it was a lot better !

Stayed: March 2014
6  Thank Tttcna
Victor M, Director General at Tesoro Manzanillo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest in the name of Tesoro Manzanillo people we appreciate the time to share your experience, is important have feedback of our guest comments in order to improve our services, we are working in new elevators will be ready before Easter week, new Food & beverage director will work in new menus in our restaurants with better selection and our beautiful beach facilities will have new umbrellas and enough lounges, but the most important the Kindness and professional staff like Fernando an example of the Tesoro Manzanillo people have to be, we are a family resort with a special kids water park that help to main pool area to be less crowded for kids and the rest of the guest can enjoy,

atte

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Tesoro in Ixtapa several times and loved it every time so we choose Tesoro in Manzanillo to take our adult boys to for family celebrations this year. We were very disappointed and would not recommend this hotel. Food was always cold! It was also the same with a slight variation every night. The hotel was very overcrowded. No seats at the pool as they were reserved before 8 am in the morning. We finally did get a reservation in the al a carte twice both Italian. The
pasta was good first night but cold the second night.

Our room was better once we changed it. We never got water in our rooms as we should have. We also didn't get towels one day. We had trouble getting sitting in the show on most nights. Spanish was the main language with very little English use during activities like aerobics and even the shows.

Fernando in the Palapa was fun. Big hockey fan! Aide and Lara were excellent lobby bar and pool servers! Swim up bar was crowded with kids and smokers which wasn't pleasant as cups with butts in them were left on bar.

We enjoy the Nationals and Mexicans and visit Mexico often but this experience was not a good one. The hotel needs to be inclusive of all guests and not over book more guests than they can accommodate.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Kay B
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We were at the Tesoro, Manzanillo from March 7th to March 22nd. First of all I would like to say that the integrity of the management and staff at this resort is second to none. Their mission statement really does say it all. We had an incident where we forgot to lock our safe. The Housekeeper discovered it and immediately contacted security. Security locked the safe with a different code. A note was left for us to come to the front desk. Security accompanied my husband back to the room and had him inventory the safe. Nothing was missing and so security took a picture of the contents and we were able to reset the code. It could have been much worse. In an unrelated incident, when we got home I realized that some gold jewelry did not make it home with me. I contacted the hotel a few days later and got an immediate response. They found my jewelry and at this writing are finding out what it would cost to FedEx it back to me. To say I am relieved and thankful would be an understatement. I really hadn't expected a response but am blown away by this. Everyone at this resort works so hard to ensure that the guests are comfortable and happy. There constantly are people cleaning, fixing, straightening and maintaining this property. All of them do it with a sincere Hola! and a smile as you walk by. Yes, it is an older hotel and yes, the furniture and fixtures are worn and dated, but we came here to have a great holiday and a rest so none of that mattered. On the weekends the resort is very crowded with Nationals. They too come here to have a good time and relax with their families. It was heart warming to see how they relate to their children and the grandparents who often accompany them. There seems to be a very touching dynamic in families from Mexico. We enjoyed watching that and I was reminded often that it's family that really does matter. They are so respectful of each other and others no matter what the age. We certainly never went hungry at this resort. The food was varied, tasty and without a doubt plentiful. Desserts? Well don't even get me started. I am having a bit of withdrawal. We looked forward to every meal. The only criticism of the food I would have is that it was rarely hot. Have I mentioned the omelettes? I wish I could make them like that at home. Fabulous! I am not a big omelette lover but we had them pretty much every day. The view from our room was beautiful. We were on the 13th floor and it was spectacular! If you like to go to bed before 10 pm, be sure to bring some earplugs as we did. The evening entertainment shows were below our room and it could be noisy. Once the balcony door was closed and the earplugs were in, it was a non-issue. We had the best sleeps ever at the Tesoro. We're still talking about it. The bed was super comfortable; better than most resorts we've stayed in in Mexico. The air conditioner was quiet and worked really, really well. When we go on vacation which is only 2 weeks every year, we DECIDE to have a great time. Yes, you can let the little things get to you, but what's the point? Noise, crowds, food, beds, service, slow elevators? Does it really matter? Just go, have a great time and let it go. Tesoro did not disappoint. If you want luxury go somewhere else (and spend waaaay more). We had the most economical holiday ever and met some great people who will surely be friends for life. Shout out to Norm, Jan, Holly and Cindy. Thanks for helping to make our vacation so enjoyable. Tesoro, love you all.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, get a room away from the entertainment facility. Or get earplugs. Works great a...
2  Thank jakesjo
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We knew from the reviews that hotel is dated, similar to hotels in Acapulco, so were not surprised when our carpets had a few rips etc. What a place this must have been when first built, the design and location are awesome. We phoned down before we left and requested certain things. Upon arrival both our parties were given exactly what we had asked for. The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful through out our stay. Our rooms were one bedroom corner suites, 1026 & 1326 with 3 balconies and probably 700 square feet or more. The view was unbeatable!! Beautiful sunsets over the ocean every night. We had views of the front and backside of the hotel, which included the pool, ocean, water slides, residential areas and mountains. The food was the best we have encountered on ten trips to Mexico. Very authentic at main buffet, ceviche, taco bar, tripe soup etc. Only place to get hamburgers and pizza etc. was at poolside palapa which is not what we come to Mexico for anyway. A la carte service and food was very good also. The buffet and palapa restaurant are overlooking the beach with outstanding views from everywhere. Our 3 & 1 year old kids couldn't get enough of the water slides. Perfect size slides for young kids. Awesome snorkeling on the left side of beach along the rocks, no boat ride needed just jump in and fish everywhere. Special shout out to my amigo Fernando for his great service and friendship and Chef Edwardo who always had a smile and hola for everyone. If you tip even minimally in Mexico it makes a difference. We tipped our housekeeper everyday and arrived back to our room to beautiful flowers arranged on our bed. She even wrote us a goodbye note. This hotel is full of nationals which for us is awesome. We were at the hotel for 3 hours when we met a beautiful family from Guadalajara who after a 20 minute chat invited us to their home and insisted if we are ever in their city we are not to stay at a hotel but stay with them. We love the Mexican people and do not travel to another country to meet Americans & Canadians. With our small kids we loved the fact that everything was steps away from the elevator, the restaurants, pool, waterslides, beach, spa, etc. We had the best time at the Tesoro and were sad to leave. Our 3 year old wants to go back!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan K
Victor M, Director General at Tesoro Manzanillo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest in the name of Tesoro Manzanillo people we appreciate the time to share your experience, this motivate to the team to continue improving our service, we are glad that the amazing sunsets from our Rooms and the beautiful view makes memorable time, Tesoro Manzanillo have a New Food & Beverages director and a new chef that have been improve the selection of our Menus and the Restaurants a la carte are nice change from the Buffet, we celebrate Tesoro Manzanillo people makes your stay memorable and the best snorkeling experience in our small bay.

atte

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed at Tesoro March 2-9, 2014. Food was exceptional! Entertainment was mediocre. But main complaint is that is was crowded. If you did not have lounger by 8:00 am, would not get one. There is only one pool, which is packed with noisy kids. If you want quiet & relaxation, do not go to Tesoro. We enjoyed going shopping at El Centro & Mexicana a Plaza. Really like the Manzanillo area. A must is to do the Sunset Cruise. Water is rough on beach, so beware!
The Tesoro architecture is very unique, but is getting a little aged.
Special thanks to Aide for serving us drinks on beach, always with a smile! Make sure to tip the hardworking staff! Massage on beach was awesome!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We knew it was a 3 star going in but at best it was a 2 star. The hotel is in desperate need of a reno the tiles are all chipped the fixtures are rusted the hair dryer was falling off the wall. O yeah and we had cock roaches in our room. I would have to remind the bartender to put alcohol in my drinks a lot. The food was ok at best but very repetitive and was never warm not even at the ala carte. The pool was dirty and small for such a large hotel, but pool tiles were all broken and was not enough seating. The beach was good. I would not recommend this hotel unless the Cecil is high end to you

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank riddjase
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Tesoro in Manzanillo; and it was an awesome time. The staff are just the best , I can't say enough about them.The evening shows are wondeful ; and the food was always top notch. The location is great; near two markets ( the big market being on Saturdays); downtown Manzanillo also has very good shopping. Went to the Crocodile sanctuary which was one of the highlights. They are in the process of putting in new elevators; which are very needed; and will greatly enhance the experience. There was a deffinate lack of beach chairs ;which caused some stresses; this has been adressed with management

Room Tip: The rooms in the tower seem quieter than in the rooms closer to the pool.
3  Thank Dianne U