We stayed from Dec 21-28. The staff was incredibly friendly, especially Raul, the bellman. The check in process was a bit slow. Our room was not ready until almost 4pm that day...we arrived at 8am. The room was spacious, the bathroom huge and we had a nice terrace that overlooked the pools and Italian restaurant. Our AC was a bit loud, but this turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it helped to block out some of the other noises when sleeping.
Food- The buffet was great... lots of variety every night and morning...there is no way that you can not find something to eat, as they cater to everyone's tastes. There is an extensive selection of fruit & vegetable (salad bar) as well and they have a make to order station, where they do omelettes in the morning and did various pasta's, stir fries and chinese food in the evening. Drink were always plenty.
Al a carte Japanese & Mexican were great.....the italian was horrible (food & service were bad)
The resort grounds are immaculately kept. It was gorgeous!
Service seemed to be excellent for the 1st few days & then it was almost non-existent towards the end of our stay. It seemed that the staff liked to cater more to all the mexicans that were staying there. Drinks seemed to taste the best from the lobby bar.
Maid service was great! The only complaint is that we didn't always get a hand towel or face cloth in replacement. Our room was cleaned daily & they replaced the towels everyday (even though we hadn't asked) Our bed was made & fridge stocked......a few more bottles of water everyday would be nice! The maids did not always take the tip that we left in plain view above the bar fridge.
The biggest disappointment with this resort was the lack of beach to walk on.......if you want to sit and walk on the beach, this is not the place to go. The resort has a small, man-made bay & beach that is packed with kids. The resort doesn't recommend that you swim or access the beach on the Bay of Manzanillo due to the rip tide, but we still managed to enjoy a nice stroll on there.
For those of you that like to constantly be approached by vendors on the beach, this will not happen. There are 3 little kiosks at the resort....the rest you have to hunt down at the beach market, or down town.
The sunset cruise & zip-line booked through the resort (Marguerita) are highly recommended. We had a blast on both. The men also enjoyed their deep sea fishing while we had a wonderful massage at the spa.
Overall, a nice resort, but not sure that I will go back due to the lack of beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Karmina***** hotel has been recognised with the prestigious AAA 4-Diamonds award. It is a spectacular feat of architecture inspired by the Mayan temples. Its tropical gardens with palm trees, along with 6 interconnecting swimming pools with waterfalls, create a romantic and relaxing paradise in a place brimming with fun for all the family. This 5-star hotel offers 324 luxury suites fully fitted with everything you need for a comfortable stay. In addition, all suites have balconies and excellent views of either the tropical gardens or the sea. The Barcelo All Inclusive programme at Barcelo Karmina hotel has been designed to ensure your complete satisfaction, enabling you to enjoy our 4 restaurants and their varied cuisine from different countries: Japanese, Mexican, Italian and international. And to complete your holiday in this spectacular luxurious resort, relax in the U-Spa, enjoy the gym, the beauty centre and attend the nightly shows and lively nightclub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Barcelo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Barcelo Karmina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel Manzanillo
- Karmina Palace Manzanillo
- Barcelo Hotel Karmina Palace
- Barcelo Hotel Manzanillo