Let me start by saying that the property is beautiful; but the rooms and the service at the front desk from the supervisor will make your vacation a series of headaches. To begin with, they couldn't find our reservation, we waited about 20 minutes before they realized it was there all along. We were there with family from CA and from Mexico City- total of 6 rooms. My family from Mexico City had to pay extra for arriving too early and having to cover breakfast. When they left, they were asked for the bracelets (giving you access to food/activities) at 12:00 p.m.- their plane didn't leave until 6:00 p.m.- the supervisor wouldn't even allow them to drink water! My 16 year old niece was saying good-bye to the rest of the family staying behind and two security officers went to the beach to find her!
Of the 6 rooms; 4 leaked from the roof (had to place two towels on the floor daily, there were bugs (not bed bugs) in 3 of the 6 rooms- to the point that my sister asked to be moved. We asked for non-smoking rooms- my other sister had to move the day after arriving due to the smell. The phone didn't work in one room, the TV didn't work in the other- AND we payed extra for "premium service"! They also ran out of food on two days in which large groups of kids (middle school kids) arrived!
We would have still had a decent time if it wasn't for the rude service of the front desk manager who treated all of us in the most unprofessional manner. If you haven't booked- don't go to Karmina- by the way- the beach sucked. We have been to every beach resort in Mexico- this is the first time I take the time to write a review- it should indicate how bad our experience with this hotel was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Karmina***** hotel has been recognised with the prestigious AAA 4-Diamonds award. It is a spectacular feat of architecture inspired by the Mayan temples. Its tropical gardens with palm trees, along with 6 interconnecting swimming pools with waterfalls, create a romantic and relaxing paradise in a place brimming with fun for all the family. This 5-star hotel offers 324 luxury suites fully fitted with everything you need for a comfortable stay. In addition, all suites have balconies and excellent views of either the tropical gardens or the sea. The Barcelo All Inclusive programme at Barcelo Karmina hotel has been designed to ensure your complete satisfaction, enabling you to enjoy our 4 restaurants and their varied cuisine from different countries: Japanese, Mexican, Italian and international. And to complete your holiday in this spectacular luxurious resort, relax in the U-Spa, enjoy the gym, the beauty centre and attend the nightly shows and lively nightclub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Karmina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel Manzanillo
- Karmina Palace Manzanillo
- Barcelo Hotel Karmina Palace
- Barcelo Hotel Manzanillo