What can I say, I loved this hotel from start to finish. I didn't stay here for a holiday, but for work. As such I did not use the hotel as an all inclusive resort but as a normal hotel base, some meals in, some out with limited time to explore the facilities.
What did I like, the room was great, HUGE, with lots of room to relax and work. I'll admit that the sofa had seen better days, but apart from that it was fine. The bathroom was equally massive and luxurious.
I didn't interact with the staff much, but when I did I found them friendly and courteous. They would accommodate my lack of Spanish with friendliness. I had arrived quite early in the day (breakfast time!) and they found me a room within the hour with no problems.
The buffet selection at breakfast and lunch was very wide and varied, the problem was not what to eat, but how to have a little from so many dishes that I could try them all.
Physically the hotel was beautiful and a pleasure to walk around, the Aztec themed architecture was done well and worked on the massive scale. The sound of the waves breaking on the beach was a lovely backdrop in most parts of the hotel that faced the sea.
Whilst it seems unlikely I would happily go back here with my family if travel times from Europe were less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Karmina***** hotel has been recognised with the prestigious AAA 4-Diamonds award. It is a spectacular feat of architecture inspired by the Mayan temples. Its tropical gardens with palm trees, along with 6 interconnecting swimming pools with waterfalls, create a romantic and relaxing paradise in a place brimming with fun for all the family. This 5-star hotel offers 324 luxury suites fully fitted with everything you need for a comfortable stay. In addition, all suites have balconies and excellent views of either the tropical gardens or the sea. The Barcelo All Inclusive programme at Barcelo Karmina hotel has been designed to ensure your complete satisfaction, enabling you to enjoy our 4 restaurants and their varied cuisine from different countries: Japanese, Mexican, Italian and international. And to complete your holiday in this spectacular luxurious resort, relax in the U-Spa, enjoy the gym, the beauty centre and attend the nightly shows and lively nightclub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Barcelo, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Karmina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel Manzanillo
- Karmina Palace Manzanillo
- Barcelo Hotel Karmina Palace
- Barcelo Hotel Manzanillo