Barcelo Karmina
Hotel Villas Los Angeles(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$72
Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$71
Dolphin Cove Inn(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$74
  • Breakfast included
US$97
US$88
City Express Manzanillo(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$51
Tesoro Manzanillo(Manzanillo)
US$141
US$137
  • Pool
Las Hadas By Brisas(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$128
Hotel Marbella(Manzanillo)
US$43
US$42
Hotel La Posada(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$48
  • Breakfast included
Mar Celeste(Manzanillo)
US$198
US$193
Travelocity
3,613 results
All reviewsjapanese restaurantclub premiumfisha la carte restaurantsadult poolsocean viewcapri restaurantpublic beachthe grilltwo sinksbeautiful resortrooms are hugekids clubala cartsgolf courseother resortslong beach
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed at the Barcello Feb/2013 just the girls "leave husband at home" vacation. The entire atmosphere, as you step off the airport shuttle bus, is that of awed, elegant relaxation. Everything was perfect, there is a lineup at check in, check out, but not like the one at OUR local Walmart. We did miss having the ocean surf on the private bay, but step out through the south guarded gate, and there it is, on the way to their beachfront Walmart, 10 min beach walk. Never did go to any a la cartes, the buffet was fast and delicious. Bars, entertainment, pools, room, tequila, "no beach vendors", friendly fellow tourists, perfect! Took the turtle tour with the lagoon boat ride and the city, flee market tour, very good, can see what life there, is all about. Not only is the hotel nice, it is the whole experience, the small town feel, including the airport, there, tourists were still taking in their last moment of warmth on the airport lawn before boarding the snowbound plane home, not at all like our previous Mexico trips. Already booked again, Barcello, 2014, with even MORE lonely husbands left behind, to keep the walk shoveled, for their grateful wives.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank happy155044
Silvia G, Guest Experience Manager at Barcelo Karmina, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Dear happy155044;

We always find it nice to read that our guests went home with great holiday memories and we are very grateful for the time and effort you spent to share your personal experience at our Barceló Karmina hotel with us and Tripadvisor readers.

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel, first and last time for sure. Bad service, bad food, dirty rooms and old towels. Did I mentioned that the pillows were stained and smelly?.

I know all inclusive means "do it you self" vacation, but seriously, this hotel is as bad as they come.

Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank Moyosonic

Dear Moyosonic;

Thank you for sharing a review of Barceló Karmina. It does indeed sound from what you describe that some aspects of your stay did not meet our usual standards of service; please accept our sincerest apologies for failing to make your stay with us a perfect moment of relaxation, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2013

What can I say, I loved this hotel from start to finish. I didn't stay here for a holiday, but for work. As such I did not use the hotel as an all inclusive resort but as a normal hotel base, some meals in, some out with limited time to explore the facilities.

What did I like, the room was great, HUGE, with lots of room to relax and work. I'll admit that the sofa had seen better days, but apart from that it was fine. The bathroom was equally massive and luxurious.

I didn't interact with the staff much, but when I did I found them friendly and courteous. They would accommodate my lack of Spanish with friendliness. I had arrived quite early in the day (breakfast time!) and they found me a room within the hour with no problems.

The buffet selection at breakfast and lunch was very wide and varied, the problem was not what to eat, but how to have a little from so many dishes that I could try them all.

Physically the hotel was beautiful and a pleasure to walk around, the Aztec themed architecture was done well and worked on the massive scale. The sound of the waves breaking on the beach was a lovely backdrop in most parts of the hotel that faced the sea.

Whilst it seems unlikely I would happily go back here with my family if travel times from Europe were less.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank YBOD98

Dear YBOD98;

Thank you very much for sharing this great review of your stay at Barceló Karmina. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay and certainly agree that our dedicated staff plays a key role to our guests' overall experience. The entire team works very hard to ensure that we deliver a high standard of service and a warm, memorable experience.

Kind regards,

Guest Experience Manager.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

========== THE HOTEL & GROUNDS ===============

Great and spacious reception area, quick service since I showed up almost at 10 pm. I was stopping in the area just for one day. I had opportunity to stop by the buffet for dinner, having been to the Caribbean side of Mexico, the buffet was below my expectations for a hotel in this tier.

The Wifi on the lobby area could include coverage in the downstairs too, as it is spotty there. The grounds are really well maintained, and are part of the "Las hadas" golf course. It has a really nice walkway that goes all around to the front side and overlooks the ocean.

On the north/left side of the hotel there is a locked exit/entrance to the public beach. I'm not sure if this is open at any point, but the ocean is wild, and was very tempted to head over to check it out. I wish there was a way to do this.

There are a lot of pools, but only a few were "running", and there was a "in between seasons" feeling as the water was not circulating from pool to pool. On any case, I wasn't here for the pools, but for the ocean, so I didn't mind.

The tourism here is mostly local, which is good for a change.

========== SERVICE AND RESERVATION ===============

I made a reservation the day before my arrival, and the service was excellent. I made the reservation directly on their website, as I found it to be the best option. There is no valet parking, so you will unload your luggage at the entrance, and then drive your car to the parking below. The parking is closed overnight for security, so if you want to go out you may want to park outside. The reception desk was attentive and courteous.

============= THE BEACH ===============

I had the opportunity to spend a few hours on the beach. I believe this is a man-made beach, as the cove keeps the wild ocean out, and reduces the swells of water to a mild level.

Unfortunately, it also means that the water is a little stale. There are some large rock formations in the area where the waves break in the beach, around the middle section. The sand is somewhere between soft and rocky.

============= THE BUFFET ===============

The following morning I stopped by the buffet, and the food was again below expectations on variety and quality.

I left with the impression that the buffet is open for service to people not staying at the hotel, but just going there for breakfast. This was not a bad thing, its just that it was busy, while the rest of the hotel was pretty much deserted.

Later I realized that I might have been able to have breakfast at one of the restaurants, but I was not really told about my breakfast/dinning options the night of my arrival. I probably should've asked.

============== THE ROOM =============

I was very pleased with the bedding, however the room was on the first floor, therefore it was dark and the furniture did not match the beautiful pictures posted on the website.

A piece of advice to hotel management - I understand there are pricing tiers, and people should know what to expect when they are making reservations. In other words, I would be willing to pay for an upgrade, if I had been given a clear picture of what I was getting. I would've called the tier I was assigned, the old and dark rooms on the first floor :-) I'm sure people will be willing to take that for a price break.

Now the positive, I really liked that they had shampoo, conditioner and body wash on a wall dispenser. That is more environmentally friendly than producing mini containers and generating a ton of plastic waste.

The bed was great!

============ OVERALL ==============

It was an ok stay, however I think there's got to be something better out there, so I won't be coming back.

Room Tip: Check the options on the hotel's website, you will find the most options there :) and don't take the rooms on the first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank aortoll_con

Dear aortoll_con;

In Barceló we strongly believe that there is always room for improvement and your comments will assist our team in their continuous efforts aimed at meeting our guests' expectations, therefore we greatly appreciate the time you took out of your day to share your constructive critics.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

The property was great. However the food was average.
Few staff we spoke to very friendly.
Didn't enjoy plastic glasses for drinks, luckily we brought our own.
Nightly show very good.
Found the golf course and staff there very good.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Keith M;