Stayed Oct. 26th. thru Nov. 3rd, 2013. Wonderful resort and staff. Service was excellent. Grounds and rooms were spotless. Rooms were large as were the bathrooms. Shower for two, soaking tub, two sinks, bathrobes, all was great. Bed was very firm but comfortable. Three people cleaning the pools all day. Food was good, even at the buffet. the Agave Mexican restaurant on the point has great ocean views during dinner. Kyoto Japanese was very good. The Italian restaurant was closed for renovations so we did not eat there. Beach is only half of a small cove and only a small portion was swim able due to the rocky nature of the cove, which was fine as the resort was not full. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas at the three pools and the beach. Bar service at the beach and pools, but there were only two waiters for the resort so you might have to wait a little while for service but not long. Only down side was that there is no food available after the buffet closes at 10:30 P.M., so if you go dancing at the disco there is nothing to eat except thru room service, which costs extra. Resort guests are mostly people from the neighboring areas so brush up on your Spanish. Most of the staff speak some English but not all. Get some pesos if you can, airport taxi dispatcher takes dollar but at a low exchange rate (10 to 1). Taxis from the resort and town do not take dollars, neither do the shops in town. Area is mainly a shipping port so outside of the resort there are only a couple of outside tours, a small zipline, and small atv tour. Overall the resort is very relaxing, geared towards couples and families, no loud music or parties the time I was there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Karmina***** hotel has been recognised with the prestigious AAA 4-Diamonds award. It is a spectacular feat of architecture inspired by the Mayan temples. Its tropical gardens with palm trees, along with 6 interconnecting swimming pools with waterfalls, create a romantic and relaxing paradise in a place brimming with fun for all the family. This 5-star hotel offers 324 luxury suites fully fitted with everything you need for a comfortable stay. In addition, all suites have balconies and excellent views of either the tropical gardens or the sea. The Barcelo All Inclusive programme at Barcelo Karmina hotel has been designed to ensure your complete satisfaction, enabling you to enjoy our 4 restaurants and their varied cuisine from different countries: Japanese, Mexican, Italian and international. And to complete your holiday in this spectacular luxurious resort, relax in the U-Spa, enjoy the gym, the beauty centre and attend the nightly shows and lively nightclub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, HotelsClick, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Karmina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel Manzanillo
- Karmina Palace Manzanillo
- Barcelo Hotel Karmina Palace
- Barcelo Hotel Manzanillo