This was my first stay at the Barcelo Karmina Palace, and I had a great time. The rooms are HUGE and beds & pillows are comfortable. The sofa bed in the living area wasn't super comfortable to sit on, but I didn't spend much time in my room. The balcony was large and I had a great view of the gardens with a glimpse of the ocean through the palm trees. The bathroom was massive, and rain shower had great pressure. I found the room to be extremely quiet when the patio doors were closed...couldn't hear the disco music.
The beach was OK...a small man-made cove, and a little rocky. Water shoes would be a great idea. Snorkeling is possible right from the beach.
I spent more of my time around the pools. There are so many of them! I like that there are adults only quiet pools and more active pools, all spilling into each other but separated by beautiful gardens. The waiter service around the pools was great since there is no swim-up bar.
The buffet was great - lots of choice for every meal. I ate at the Mexican and Japanese a la cartes - excellent. They are very strict about the dress codes, so be sure to check in advance that you pack appropriate clothing! I like that they are strict about it - what's the point in having a dress code if it's not enforced? Adds a certain class level to the dining experience.
The staff were very friendly, helpful and courteous.
The only things that could use some upgrades are the nightly entertainment (the shows were hit and miss) and the furniture in the bedrooms (other than the beds - they were great). Also the bathrooms are showing their age a bit too - would be nice to not have a glass door on the toilet room. But these are just cosmetic things that did not affect the enjoyment of my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Karmina***** hotel has been recognised with the prestigious AAA 4-Diamonds award. It is a spectacular feat of architecture inspired by the Mayan temples. Its tropical gardens with palm trees, along with 6 interconnecting swimming pools with waterfalls, create a romantic and relaxing paradise in a place brimming with fun for all the family. This 5-star hotel offers 324 luxury suites fully fitted with everything you need for a comfortable stay. In addition, all suites have balconies and excellent views of either the tropical gardens or the sea. The Barcelo All Inclusive programme at Barcelo Karmina hotel has been designed to ensure your complete satisfaction, enabling you to enjoy our 4 restaurants and their varied cuisine from different countries: Japanese, Mexican, Italian and international. And to complete your holiday in this spectacular luxurious resort, relax in the U-Spa, enjoy the gym, the beauty centre and attend the nightly shows and lively nightclub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Barcelo, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Karmina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel Manzanillo
- Karmina Palace Manzanillo
- Barcelo Hotel Karmina Palace
- Barcelo Hotel Manzanillo