We stayed at the Barcelo Karmina on December 18 to Dec 25th. We flew with canjet, wich is not the best Company but, however, the staff were very friendly. The airport in Manzanillo is beautiful and located beside the pacific ocean, wich had a great view on it.
We took the bus to the resort and the driver were very gentle, they had Corona for a cheap 2$, wich was amazing after a long flight. The ride to the hotel is about 25 minutes and we could admire manzanillo trough the windows.
The resort is absolutely amazing and the people in the front desk were very nice to me and my girlfriend. They upraded our room without asking, wich was very cool.
The room itself was beautiful, probably the best hotel room I've stayed in. Nice bathroom, two televisions, a kitchen table and a large balcony with the pacific ocean view, wow !
The food was great at the buffet restaurant and the staff were very efficient, a+ for the fast service we had !
However, the best restaurant on the resort is the Carioca, for the great food and the view, very romantic.
There are many pools, wich are very clean and a lot of chairs, so you can enjoy the sun and watch the kids play in the waterslide, wich is great.
The Wal-Mart is at 25 minutes of walk and worth it, especially if you want to buy some alcohol, the price is cheap.
We took many excursions with Tlalocs Tour, located at the hotel. We took the Canoas tour, wich was very interesting and the Atv tour, wich was Awesome ! I recommend this atv to all of you because you ride in the mountains and you will go swim into a little lake, the view is speechless. Mago is the representative and she is very kind. Prices are cheap.
At 9pm, there is a show at the exterior theater and it is funny to watch and have a drink.
The only negative thing I can say about the whole resort is that there is no nightlife on the resort. The Carioca restaurant become a disco at 11h30pm, wich is too late because at 10pm, everybody is sleeping !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Karmina***** hotel has been recognised with the prestigious AAA 4-Diamonds award. It is a spectacular feat of architecture inspired by the Mayan temples. Its tropical gardens with palm trees, along with 6 interconnecting swimming pools with waterfalls, create a romantic and relaxing paradise in a place brimming with fun for all the family. This 5-star hotel offers 324 luxury suites fully fitted with everything you need for a comfortable stay. In addition, all suites have balconies and excellent views of either the tropical gardens or the sea. The Barcelo All Inclusive programme at Barcelo Karmina hotel has been designed to ensure your complete satisfaction, enabling you to enjoy our 4 restaurants and their varied cuisine from different countries: Japanese, Mexican, Italian and international. And to complete your holiday in this spectacular luxurious resort, relax in the U-Spa, enjoy the gym, the beauty centre and attend the nightly shows and lively nightclub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Karmina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel Manzanillo
- Karmina Palace Manzanillo
- Barcelo Hotel Karmina Palace
- Barcelo Hotel Manzanillo