The hotel was O-kay, looked older than other resorts nearby. I was VERY disappointed with the TINY private beach, SERIOUSLY its swimming pool size. I expected it to be a little more plush for the money I was paying. However, the room was nice, very large and comfortable. Shower had great water pressure, a must. The shampoo and conditioner combo as well as body wash was VERY CHEAP, probably better suited to do the dishes with-- I expect better toiletries from a pricey hotel-resort. A winning point in my book was the room's two TVs with 3 HBO channels and Cinemax which I enjoyed. NO free wi-fi, you have to pay for internet service, computers are located in the lobby. I'd rate the food as only FAIR, it was kinda bland but since it was all inclusive you should eat up. There was great service from the waiters and waitresses and all the booze you can drink or all the virgin tropical drinks you want if that is your pleasure. The power went out briefly when I was at this hotel and there were no announcements made (it was pitch black!)which was annoying but everyone remained calm. Luckily the power was restored and the air conditioners came back to life. Air conditioning is a MUST since it is extremely hot and humid in Manzanillo. Could have been trouble if the power hadn't come back on when it did. Bottom line this hotel-resort is only O-KAY, for the price you can do better staying some where else. If you are looking for a nice big beach this is NOT the place for you. Also the entrances to the larger public beaches adjacent to this resort were gated and locked at all times. I would only recommend this place if it improves access to adjacent public beaches or does something to expand its private beach (which is unlikely). You can do better for the price, stay some where else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Karmina***** hotel has been recognised with the prestigious AAA 4-Diamonds award. It is a spectacular feat of architecture inspired by the Mayan temples. Its tropical gardens with palm trees, along with 6 interconnecting swimming pools with waterfalls, create a romantic and relaxing paradise in a place brimming with fun for all the family. This 5-star hotel offers 324 luxury suites fully fitted with everything you need for a comfortable stay. In addition, all suites have balconies and excellent views of either the tropical gardens or the sea. The Barcelo All Inclusive programme at Barcelo Karmina hotel has been designed to ensure your complete satisfaction, enabling you to enjoy our 4 restaurants and their varied cuisine from different countries: Japanese, Mexican, Italian and international. And to complete your holiday in this spectacular luxurious resort, relax in the U-Spa, enjoy the gym, the beauty centre and attend the nightly shows and lively nightclub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Barcelo, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Barcelo Karmina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel Manzanillo
- Karmina Palace Manzanillo
- Barcelo Hotel Karmina Palace
- Barcelo Hotel Manzanillo