The hotel is in an absolutely gorgeous setting. The hotel rooms are the biggest we've ever stayed in - and the bathrooms are to die for. You normally get either a bath or a shower, but not both - and especially a soaker tub. Loved it.
They will only give you 2 bottles of water per day - and 2 beer, etc., in the mini fridge. If you expect to need more, start stockpiling at the start of your stay so you don't run out. I called the front desk the first night asking for more water and they never brought it. My husband went to the front desk himself and got some. Somewhat frustrating.
The food was average for sure. We have been to Riu's and their food is superior. The first night we arrived we already knew we would be disappointed and we were, alittle. But the hotel is not on the same scale as a Riu.
The pools are beautiful and clean. Small problem with children in the adult pool. They have 3 other pools to access, and of course, they choose to use the one they are not allowed in. Security would eventually make them move, and they would repeatedly reinforce this, which was appreciated.
The hotel is walking distance into town: Walmart, Starbucks, etc. There is a short-cut through the golf course and it takes alot of time off the walk (you don't need to go all the way down the driveway).
Staff were very nice and helpful.
I loved the weather in Manzaniilo - not too, too hot and not humid at all. It was truly lovely.
Enjoy your trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Karmina***** hotel has been recognised with the prestigious AAA 4-Diamonds award. It is a spectacular feat of architecture inspired by the Mayan temples. Its tropical gardens with palm trees, along with 6 interconnecting swimming pools with waterfalls, create a romantic and relaxing paradise in a place brimming with fun for all the family. This 5-star hotel offers 324 luxury suites fully fitted with everything you need for a comfortable stay. In addition, all suites have balconies and excellent views of either the tropical gardens or the sea. The Barcelo All Inclusive programme at Barcelo Karmina hotel has been designed to ensure your complete satisfaction, enabling you to enjoy our 4 restaurants and their varied cuisine from different countries: Japanese, Mexican, Italian and international. And to complete your holiday in this spectacular luxurious resort, relax in the U-Spa, enjoy the gym, the beauty centre and attend the nightly shows and lively nightclub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Barcelo, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Karmina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel Manzanillo
- Karmina Palace Manzanillo
- Barcelo Hotel Karmina Palace
- Barcelo Hotel Manzanillo