My spouse and I stayed at the Karmina Palace the last week of October. We had a junior suite, which overlooked the pools and had a partial ocean view. The room was very nice and spacious, but it did have a musty smell. The hot water was hot enough to scold if you weren’t careful. I asked about upgrading to a nicer room when we checked in and were informed that it would cost an additional $200 per day. We quickly forgot that idea. We purchased the internet access for our room for a cost of $72 a week. You can get free internet in the lobby as well. The cost of a taxi from the airport to the hotel is either $37 US or 370 peso and they have a taxi stand right in the lobby of the airport.
The resort is really beautiful and easy to get around. The waiters/waitresses were around the pools and beach every few minutes asking if you wanted something to drink. In fact, all the waiters and waitresses were fantastic at all the restaurants as well. I couldn’t have asked for more friendly or helpful waiters and waitresses. This was the best service we have ever had at any resort.
We ate at all 3 specialty restaurants and they were all nice. My wife, who appreciates fine food more than I, loved the food at all the restaurants, especially the Italian.
We used the workout room every day. It had a lot of different machines and weights.
We could not snorkel at the hotel beach the entire week since the water was not clear at all. The only tour we took was the snorkel tour, which we had to wait 3 days to take since they required a minimum of four people. The snorkeling was alright, but not as nearly as good as on the Mayan Riviera coast.
We took the local bus into Manzanillo and back to the hotel. It cost only 6 or 8 pesos each. The best shopping was on Mexico Street across from the big sailfish statue downtown. We also walked from the resort to Walmart and Comercial Mexicana. Both of which were about a 15 minute walk.
They had a big conference going on there for several days, and the resort seemed filled every day. 99% of the guests were from Mexico, which made for some quality time for my wife and I to talk with each other since neither of us speak much Spanish. In fact, we only met 2 other English speaking couples the entire week. If we go again, it would be in the January – March timeframe when we were told that the place is loaded with English speaking guests.
Overall, a lovely resort, great food, friendly people, and a great value for the price we paid for the trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Karmina***** hotel has been recognised with the prestigious AAA 4-Diamonds award. It is a spectacular feat of architecture inspired by the Mayan temples. Its tropical gardens with palm trees, along with 6 interconnecting swimming pools with waterfalls, create a romantic and relaxing paradise in a place brimming with fun for all the family. This 5-star hotel offers 324 luxury suites fully fitted with everything you need for a comfortable stay. In addition, all suites have balconies and excellent views of either the tropical gardens or the sea. The Barcelo All Inclusive programme at Barcelo Karmina hotel has been designed to ensure your complete satisfaction, enabling you to enjoy our 4 restaurants and their varied cuisine from different countries: Japanese, Mexican, Italian and international. And to complete your holiday in this spectacular luxurious resort, relax in the U-Spa, enjoy the gym, the beauty centre and attend the nightly shows and lively nightclub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Karmina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel Manzanillo
- Karmina Palace Manzanillo
- Barcelo Hotel Karmina Palace
- Barcelo Hotel Manzanillo