Barcelo Karmina
City Express Manzanillo(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$53
Mar Celeste(Manzanillo)
US$202
US$197
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$72
Las Hadas By Brisas(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$131
  • Pool
Hotel Villas Los Angeles(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$73
Dolphin Cove Inn(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$79
Hotel Marbella(Manzanillo)
US$44
US$43
Agoda.com
Hotel La Posada(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$49
  • Breakfast included
3,625 results
All reviewsjapanese restaurantclub premiumfisha la carte restaurantsadult poolsocean viewcapri restaurantpublic beachthe grilltwo sinksbeautiful resortrooms are hugekids clubala cartsgolf courseother resortslong beach
Reviewed 2 December 2010

In early November another couple came with us to the Karmina Palace. The first week of November was said to be the first week of tourist season! So I am writing for both of us.
First, my partner & I had absolutely no problems with our room, the staff, the facilities, the weather, the entertainment, or the food and beverages. I can only say that this resort lived up to our expectations in every way possible. Out of a scale of 10 I would award them a “10!” And though I did not see any “Bo Derek’s” running down the neighboring Las Hadas’
beach, still, I was not too seriously disappointed!!! And many thanks to our pool-side servers, Aida and a young gentleman whose name escapes me at this time, for always being there for us! May our brain-cells soon regenerate.
On-the-other-hand, our friends, the couple that traveled with us, had one interesting incident to report. Upon arriving and checking-into their room they were surprised to see what appeared to be a butler and maid tending to their room. They soon discovered the room had already been snagged by another couple! A second room was assigned but it was not an ocean view. However, the third room appeared to be real nice, quiet, clean, and a spectacular view of Manzanillo Bay, with an added bonus of seeing the sunrise over the Sierra’s each morning.
The fish dishes at the Mexican and the Italian restaurants were awesome. The breakfast buffet on the weekend was really busy with guests, but not once did they run out of tortillas!
We did two excursions during our week’s vacation in Manzanillo. The city tour took us from Playa de Miramar to downtown Manzanillo. The tour guide spoke English and was very knowledgeable about local events and activities in the city. Shopping was not our priority so we walked around and noticed a whole lot of construction. Normally you would think this is a bad thing but it really means the city and/or the state is spending big buck on upgrading the roads and infrastructure. Our second excursion took us to see the capital city, Colima and the town of Comala, as well as the twin volcanoes! With a Mercedes 17-18 passenger, air conditioned van, we darted off to Colima, Colima. And it was comfortable, fun, educational, and worth every peso. We really enjoyed the authentic Mexican lunch in Comala, which comes with cold beers, a hot Mariachi band, and lots of delicious Mexican food.
All things considered, we found the Karmina Palace resort to be a jewel and one of the finest resorts we have visited on the Pacific coast.
Would we go back? Yes, we’d love to return again and again.

6  Thank U-dub-el-yoo
Citlally C, Guest Experience Manager at Barcelo Karmina, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Thank you for the time you spent to share your feedback on your stay at our Barceló Karmina, to be considered as one of the best hotels you stayed at is certainly high praise

Reviewed 29 November 2010

The activités Staff was absolutely amazing. Bernardo, Cilitally (Lolli), and Alberto (Beto), made me and my whole family feel so welcome and kept us smiling the whole trip. They totally kept me busy and having a good time. I cant wait to come back. I have a 4 month old baby and whenever I came around with her, they all held her and played with her for ours and everyday asked when I was bringing her back down to play. She is too young for the kids club but I will totally bring her back when she is old enough for kids club.

The shows were amazing, one of the dancers trained with the Cuban Ballet and she was absolutely beautiful. there is a disney show and overnight a different themed show. The dancers were fun and did a great job with every show.

The disco after the shows was just as much fun. It is a live band for an hour then a dj. I had more fun in the hotel then I did when I left the hotel.

2  Thank smurp006

Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing our Barceló Karmina hotel for your holidays in Manzanillo and for the review, all of your kind words about your stay with us are great to hear

Reviewed 23 November 2010

As I read other reviews, I do agree , the grounds are just beautiful, pools perfect.....
This was my fourteeth year into Mexico, Ixtapa, Puerta Vallerta, Riveria Maya, Cancun, Cabo San Lucas...... We (family ages from 12 to 38) plus Gramma & Papa, agree on Cabo as our favorite Mexico vacation... We liked the Barcleo, but we felt the front desk associates could have been 'groomed' a bit more on courtesy... The other members of the staff were so wonderful... we reserved 3 rooms 8 months ago, but because of the Mexican holiday, they were overbooked with locals from the area , so they scattered my family all over the place, in different buildings.. I said, having made reservations 8 months ago, that does not count for anything, Lorenzo, at the front desk, shrugged his shoulders and just said nothing he could do for us..Two days later they did move my husband & I into the same buliding as our children ... :(
We tipped very generosly , housekeepers , waiters, pool bar etc... they earned it ...
Food was very good, the 'specialty' restaurants were wonderful , service excellent.... If you love the ocean, this is not the place to vacation, small beach front, not worth much...
Golf, $120 for 18 holes, they had to bargin with them ... Golf course is not owned
by the Barcelo... They wanted $180 ......
Overall, I would rate this hotel a nice place to visit , but would not return ... sorry....
As others stated, it is immaculate ... which means alot...
We will try the Barcelo in Cabo next year ..... any advise ???
ciao ciao

2  Thank CiaoCiao8

Firstly we would like to thank you for the lovely review you shared following your visit to our Barceló hotel and are delighted to read that we were able to match your holiday expectations.

Reviewed 2 November 2010

My spouse and I stayed at the Karmina Palace the last week of October. We had a junior suite, which overlooked the pools and had a partial ocean view. The room was very nice and spacious, but it did have a musty smell. The hot water was hot enough to scold if you weren’t careful. I asked about upgrading to a nicer room when we checked in and were informed that it would cost an additional $200 per day. We quickly forgot that idea. We purchased the internet access for our room for a cost of $72 a week. You can get free internet in the lobby as well. The cost of a taxi from the airport to the hotel is either $37 US or 370 peso and they have a taxi stand right in the lobby of the airport.

The resort is really beautiful and easy to get around. The waiters/waitresses were around the pools and beach every few minutes asking if you wanted something to drink. In fact, all the waiters and waitresses were fantastic at all the restaurants as well. I couldn’t have asked for more friendly or helpful waiters and waitresses. This was the best service we have ever had at any resort.

We ate at all 3 specialty restaurants and they were all nice. My wife, who appreciates fine food more than I, loved the food at all the restaurants, especially the Italian.

We used the workout room every day. It had a lot of different machines and weights.

We could not snorkel at the hotel beach the entire week since the water was not clear at all. The only tour we took was the snorkel tour, which we had to wait 3 days to take since they required a minimum of four people. The snorkeling was alright, but not as nearly as good as on the Mayan Riviera coast.

We took the local bus into Manzanillo and back to the hotel. It cost only 6 or 8 pesos each. The best shopping was on Mexico Street across from the big sailfish statue downtown. We also walked from the resort to Walmart and Comercial Mexicana. Both of which were about a 15 minute walk.

They had a big conference going on there for several days, and the resort seemed filled every day. 99% of the guests were from Mexico, which made for some quality time for my wife and I to talk with each other since neither of us speak much Spanish. In fact, we only met 2 other English speaking couples the entire week. If we go again, it would be in the January – March timeframe when we were told that the place is loaded with English speaking guests.

Overall, a lovely resort, great food, friendly people, and a great value for the price we paid for the trip.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PnC_Ohio

First and foremost we would like to thank you for the praising review you shared following your visit to our Barcelo Karmina hotel and are delighted to read that we were able to match your expectations.

Reviewed 22 October 2010

This was my first trip to Mexico and after the experience I am on my way back again. It was a package deal for 7 nights over Christmas. A little pricing but for the time of year not to bad. The overall experience was beyond expectations. The hotel property itself is above average and clean. The all inclusive resort provided great food and drinks that were not watered down as I was told they would be. The resort is quite nice and is situated close to the town of Manzanillo which is a rough seaport town with a mixture of old Mexico with a Wal-Mart, Starbucks and JFK thrown. The Barcello property is next to a more upscale Las Hadas which is famous for the 80's film starring Bo Derek, as "10". I made the trip over there for a fishing trip and realized this would be the place to stay next time I traveled to this part of the world. The resort has everything you need to keep you busy day and night but there is also plenty of great food, activities and night life in the city, outside the gates. If you dare to venture out that is. The local golf course is challenging but a bit over priced compared to local tracks I play on. Minus the weather and palm trees, the course was nothing special. The property and town definitely had a Mexican feel to it and did not feel influenced by corporate America. I met some great people - all Canadians, and had a great time.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
5  Thank markru

First and foremost we would like to thank you for the praising review you shared following your visit to our Barcelo Karmina hotel and are delighted to read that we were able to surpass your expectations.