Pepes Hideaway
Barcelo Karmina(Manzanillo)
US$250
US$208
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$135
US$131
Tesoro Manzanillo(Manzanillo)
US$149
  • Pool
Dolphin Cove Inn(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$81
  • Breakfast included
US$88
US$85
US$99
Hotel La Posada(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$52
Travelocity
Hotel Villas Los Angeles(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$80
US$152
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsla puntaevery morningprivate beachright hand mangated communityocean fronthidden paradiseinteresting guestson the rockssound of the waveslocal beachamazing mealstennis courtstortillasbungalowspeedymargaritas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I have stayed at Pepe's numerous times and I will say it is one of the best vacations I have ever experienced. (And I take a lot of vacations), Our simple yet tastefully decorated private casita with balcony/porch, perched on the mountainside and overlooking the ocean was the most scenic, relaxing and romantic place I have seen. The fresh food and homemade margaritas are served daily by very courteous and professional staff and cooks. We woke up each morning to a little tray of coffee and fresh squeezed oj served on our porch. The owner is a wonderfully eccentric and charming host who makes you feel like you never want to leave. If you're looking for an unforgettable adventure of peace and tranquility and beauty look no further. Be careful - you will not want to go home.

Room Tip: For the best view and most privacy I always stayed in casita #3 overlooking the ocean.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Tucked away on the picturesque shores of the Pacific and in the gorgeous, gated community of La Punta, you will find a slice of heaven just waiting for you at Pepe's Hideaway. On three different occasions, this charming resort has offered me an extraordinary experience with more than I could have ever imagined at my fingertips. In the midst of this romantic and peaceful setting, I truly relaxed, as well as, had fun and renewed my creative energy each time. Speedy and his staff were always friendly and hospitable while providing exceptional food and services. I would highly recommend this incredible place to all!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Donna B
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed at Pepes 12/14-18/2011. Luckily for us, we were the only guests there—a dream come true to have the entire resort to ourselves. We arrived in the afternoon, were escorted down to our very private casita through palm-covered stone walkways, and clouds of purple bougainvillea. Walking past the pool, the unending vista of the Manzanilla coast will take your breath away. As we were taking in the music of the pounding surf below our hut, our first drinks arrived, and our vacation had begun.
Our fabulous dinners were served every night at 6. Speedy served either a 3 or 4 course meal, including a local dessert, and we usually were joined by Pepe, himself, who is delightful company. It is a relaxed, European style meal that extends into the evening, and allows one to truly enjoy the ambiance. Main courses were fish, chicken, or beef, and prepared to perfection every time. Lunches were served at the pool area, and were big plates of snack-y type foods—taquitos, big bowls of guacamole, ceviche, quesadillas, salsas and chilis, sliced mango and pineapple, crispy fried tortillas for dipping. Perfect for lounging, a little swimming, a lot of drinking, and relaxing. Breakfast was served whenever we got up. Sliced fruit and coffee was brought to the table as soon as we sat down. Then we were offered a variety of egg dishes and breakfast meat. I have never seen such thick bacon—it was big and tasty and chewy and salty, and perfect. And the huevos rancheros were perfect every time.
Crowning glory for me was the magical appearance of the coffee tray on our veranda every morning before I woke up.
The pool area had a little frig and freezer always stocked with drinks. We requested an extra snack for the late night to be left in the frig, and they accommodated us delightfully. Also, Speedy kept a pitcher of margaritas in the freezer, 24/7, which we enjoyed, immensely and repeatedly.
Our “hut” was appointed, delightfully. On the veranda was a little table, and hammock. I spent a few evenings in the hammock, just staring out at the ocean. There was a little desk inside, which I used for a bit of writing, and email. Wireless extended down to our hut. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. Plenty of hot water, toiletries, and even bottled water, soda, and beer in the frig. A ceiling fan & floor fan kept us cool at night.
There are plenty of activities if you want—a local beach, fishing, massage, shopping, etc. but we only went into town once. Pepe’s is the perfect place to just stay put, and enjoy the peace. And breathe.
The staff is very pleasant and made sure we had everything we wanted. They were always accessible, but never hovering. Our casita was always tidied up while we were at breakfast. We definitely plan to return, and perhaps even make it an annual trip.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed with Pepe from 11/15 - 11/22 and couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more.

Upon arrival at Pepe's you will start looking around for Ricardo Montalban and Herve Villachez because you'll think you're on Fantasy Island. Lucky for you, you aren't - you're at Pepe's Hideaway, and you're about to indulge in the time of your life.

When the taxi brings you to entrance of Pepe's you'll be taken aback at the lush tropical surroundings, the warm, inviting dining area, and the sound of the surf that already tempts you toward the pool that looks out over the ocean. Just as you're starting to absorb the fact that you're literally in paradise, you're greeted by the 'spoiling staff'. With the cocktail of your choice in hand and a friendly greeting from Speedy, you're on your way to your casita.

The 'spoiling staff' are truly just that - there to spoil you rotton. Speedy and his crew really make you feel as though your merest wish is their delight to fulfill. I can't tell you how much the staff will add to your visit.

You begin your day awaking to the sound of the ocean crashing on the rocks below your cliff-side casita. The sun streaming across your deck tempts you to step out and take a delicious breath of fresh air, and that's when you notice the spoiling staff has already gone to work for the day. There is a tray filled with coffee, mugs, cream and sugar awaiting your consumption. Coffee on the deck? In your hammock? In bed? That's your decision. We highly recommend all three.

After leisurely waking you wander into the community kitchen, a cozy setting in the midst of lush plants and flowers. Breakfast consists of deliciously fresh tropical fruit, eggs done how you like them, delicious bread and jam, and the most amazingly thick-cut bacon. Afternoon 'botanas' include the best guacamole I've ever had, shrimp or fish ceviche, tostadas, maybe cheese quesadillas - the spoiling staff will whip you up any range of delicious bites that you can enjoy poolside, or at the table. We were regularly asked after breakfast if there was anything special we might enjoy for dinner, be it steak, pork, chicken, shrimp, pasta - whatever! Believe the hype about this place - you will get what you ask for, be it food, beverage, or entertainment suggestions.

Pepe himself is a charming, friendly, funny, and magnificent host. The stories he has to share from his time in the fashion industry will have you on the edge of your seat, and in general he's just an incredibly interesting and affable guy. You'll love having him as a dinner companion.

Pepe regularly asked if there was anything we wanted to do so that he could set it up for us - fishing, exploring, lounging oceanside at a nearby beach club... whether you're there to relax or have some adventure, he will help you make it happen.

I'm a well-seasoned traveler and I will admit, we had concerns about the cartel violence happening in some parts of Mexico. One of the reasons we chose Manzanillo is because the state in which its located, Colima, is regularly marked as the safest state in Mexico. And Pepe's, in particular, is located in one of the safest and most secure locations in Manzanillo: La Punta. We couldn't have felt any safer during our stay.

If you're torn between Pepe's and some other location, don't even hesitate to book this tropical paradise for fun, adventure, and indulgence. A relaxing respite from reality, you'll be indulged, refreshed, and reinvigorated as a result of your time at Pepe's.

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanfront room - it's worth it!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Alicia D
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I have been dreaming recently about a return visit to Pepe's. Who am I kidding? I think about it a lot! When I need a moment of peace, I pull out some of my photos from my visit here and imagine I am swaying in my hammock, enjoying a perfect margarita made my Speedy. I have yet to find a better made margarita anywhere! My visit was in the off-season, July, so it was hotter and more humid, but oh my goodness was it Green! Peaceful and Beautiful! I recommend this destination more than any other to my friends. Speedy and his crew are wonderful, the service is excellent, the food is amazing! This is definitely a place where you can slow time down a bit and really enjoy life!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo