Pepes Hideaway
Barcelo Karmina(Manzanillo)
US$271
US$250
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villas Los Angeles(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$72
Dolphin Cove Inn(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$74
  • Breakfast included
City Express Manzanillo(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$51
Las Hadas By Brisas(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$128
Tesoro Manzanillo(Manzanillo)
US$189
US$137
Hotel Marbella(Manzanillo)
US$43
US$42
Hotel La Posada(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$52
Mar Celeste(Manzanillo)
US$198
US$193
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
US$70
Priceline
All reviewsla puntaevery morningprivate beachright hand mangated communityocean fronthidden paradiseinteresting guestson the rockssound of the waveslocal beachamazing mealstennis courtstortillasbungalowspeedymargaritas
Reviewed 8 April 2013

some vacations are fun! Go, Go, Go. See and do. Other vacations are all about the relaxation. that was Pepe's.

We booked this trip a mere 2 weeks before we went. Found the place on Tripadvisor. I wasnt looking for a hotel, as i hate mega-hotels but this was anything but that. 7 palapas/huts on a cliffside overlooking the pacific.

It was everything we were looking for. the highlights
1. The location. Inside a gated community in Manzanilla. While the city itself was underwhelming, this little community called "la Punta" was gorgeous and scenic. Pepe's itself is right on the cliffside and each of the 7 huts affords a great view of the ocean.
2. the accomodations. Each palapa was lovely. its not modern and it hasnt been updated since it was built...but it works. A huge room with oceanfront balcony. Bathroom area was clean. If you want modern, this isnt Pepes.
3. the service and food. they treat you like special guests. Great food, friendly every step of the way. Speedy and his son, Juan were genuinely great people.
4. the experience. We wanted to be together as a family. We did this. It truly was exactly what we needed.

highlights
spending the day on the private beach club, equipped with the cooler they pack for you and then the lunch they bring out to you...felt like royalty

every morning, coffee and tea already waiting for us on the balcony

Meals were amazing. Loved the bacon!!!

not much more to stay...we like to go to different places but the kids (and my wife and I) have decided that we will be returning to Pepes sooner rather than later

Room Tip: ask for any of the 3 rooms on other side of pool If going with others...the 2 (or 3) rooms nearest the pool works well too
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed for three nights just before new year, and it was amazing, they just spoiled you! all the time. I was pregnant by then and every morning, we found fresh coffee at the balcony (decaf for me and normal for my husband... yes, every morning!)... Speedy is the best! his homely cooking sooo good!.
It was unforgettable, you actually sleep listening to the waves the whole night! Do you like nature?? well, this is for you... If you are looking for a private, romantic, and quiet holidays, this is what you need!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We have stayed at Pepe's three times now. Each visit has been terrific. It is the place to unwind, relax, and get pampered by Speedy and the staff. We will certainly return. Many thanks to Pepe and everyone who have made our trips so nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ProfCuchara
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Pepe's Hideaway is the place if you are planning your perfect vacation that is worth every penny.

My husband and I spent 5 days at Pepe's and it was our most relaxing vacation by far. This place is perfect if you want a vacation with family, friends, or if you are looking for a romantic get-away. It looks beautiful in photos but it is even better in person.

Highlights of our Trip: (1) Our Host Pepe - Pepe is very friendly and extremely knowledgeable. He has a very colorful personality and is pleasant company that my husband and I really enjoyed over dinner each night.

(2) Ambiance - Every corner of this property is tastefully decorated. My husband and I stayed in an oceanfront villa that has a great view. We'd sit in the villa balcony for hours feeling the ocean breeze and watching the sun set. Even our bathroom had a nice view of the ocean.

(3) The Wedding/Thanksgiving Dinner - Pepe organized our wedding ceremony in the poolside garden area with bougainvillea on all sides and an ocean view in the backdrop. I couldn't ask for a more romantic setting. Thanksgiving dinner was several courses, great wine and interesting guests.

(4) Staff - The staff at Pepe's is called "Spoiling Staff" for a reason. They are at your service anytime, whether it is for salsa and fresh guacamole at the hot tub or mid-day snack at the private beach club. Speedy is an amazing cook! His son Juan was good company and showed us around whenever we requested.

(5) Food - Every morning we woke up to a nice cup of coffee in our balcony, followed by breakfast in the dinning area that was served with fresh fruits and juice. My favorite part was a healthy dinner and fresh coconut water whenever your want it.

In short, It was one of our best vacation in a long time. We'll definitely visit Pepe again, perhaps for our anniversary and would recommend this place to our family and friends.

Parul & Kedar

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Parul J
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I wanted an experience that was unique, intimate yet at the same time luxurious and couldn't have had a better time. Pepe is so inviting and sweet-- he made me and my girlfriend feel right at home. Speedy and Juan are so thoughtful and caring -- they brought us snacks and drinks while we were at the beach. The bungalows are sweet and have authentic charm and view is simply the best i've ever had. I want to return as soon as possible.

they care and you are not just a number but a guest .

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple