“romantic”

Ranked #61 of 199 Restaurants in Manzanillo
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is a lovely garden setting with decorated trees and lights. Well away from the food area are large cages with parrots and other exotic birds. They have indoor seating if you prefer it.

The food here is always better than average and on Friday and Saturday they have tender and juicy roast beef. Their special German food nights are excellent.

At any time you can get thin crust pizza done in a big clay oven.

This setting invites romance.

1  Thank Cynthia C

Reviewed 14 April 2013

By far my favourite restaurant in Manzanillo. Love the atmosphere, food is excellent, staff are so courteous. The food is a little more expensive than the average Manzanillo restaurant but you get what you pay for. Mario the guitar player is absolutely AMAZING!! I have been quite a few times to this restaurant and would recommend it to anyone who wants a really good meal and good entertainment. Sit out in the courtyard and you will not be disappointed. Wolfgang the chief is also very nice and makes it a really good visit. I can't wait to go back.

2  Thank Maggomaggo
Reviewed 15 March 2013

La Pergola has a menu for everyone but I can't get past the pizza and pastas. I like the thin crust and the ingredients are perfectly combined, not over done so that you can enjoy the flavor of the sauce. I make certain to have a big one so I have some for take home. The pastas are always excellent and I especially like the four-pasta dish. One person had prime rib and enjoyed it. It is difficult to find good beef in this part of Mexico. The garden setting is very nice with lightening and starched white tablecloths. The staff is courteous and the service is very good. It is a friendly atmosphere with owner, Wolfgang, present. It feels like your favorite neighborhood restaurant. From entering the restaurant, the bar and garden dining there is a European influence.

3  Thank Sam933
Reviewed 24 February 2013

On Miguel Boul. Near the WalMart and the VIPS restaurant. @ minutes from teh El Camiro Real Manzanillo Hotel. Pizza are very thin with not enough ingredient but good...

2  Thank Sylvie B
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Let me preface this by saying that in the past few years we have been to this restaurant occasionally and found it acceptable, though expensive.
This experience, however, was totally the opposite. As it was Valentine's day, we made a reservation for 5 people for 7 o'clock. We had been here for Valentine's two years prior and had no trouble. This time we were sat inside rather than in the courtyard, which was only half full at the time, but had been reserved. We were sat in the middle of the archway toward the front entrance. We sat 20 minutes before being offered something to drink. After another 15 minutes our wine arrived and we asked if we could order. We were told that the waitress would return. We had noticed the special Octoberfest menu when we made the reservation and asked if it would be available for dinner. We were told it would be. When we finally were able to order, we were told that the menu was limited because of the occasion and neither the german food nor the pizzas were available. When our party's soup and a salad arrived, I took the opportunity to visit the ladies room and peek into the courtyard. Lo and behold the tables were full, but to my surprise, these people were already enjoying their entrees after having arrived well after us.
To make a long story short, after two and a quarter hours and our entrees still not appearing, we paid the bill and left. Our bill for 3 soups, a salad and two bottles of wine - 869 pesos...and we all left hungry !

4  Thank Janet B