“Overrated”

Zillas Monster Burger & BBQ Co.
Ranked #4 of 179 Restaurants in Manzanillo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hand made burgers, we grind the meat on premises and bake the buns here. 21 kinds of Burgers as well as BBQ Ribs(Saint Lous and Baby's), Brisket, Smoked Roast Beef, Corned Beef, Fish N' Chips, salads, Pastas and more!
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I'm a huge burger fan, and to me, it's hard to find a burger I don't like. Not all burgers knock my socks off but I usually still like them. After reading all the rave reviews I was really looking forward to this place, especially as I needed a change from all the great Mexican food I'd enjoyed during my stay in Manzanillo. There was NOTHING great about this burger except the way it looked. This burger had NO, I repeat, NO flavor. I had to keep adding salt and any fixings I could, and still...nothing. Bland. I gave up half way into the burger, even though I was still hungry. Not sure how else to say this but the atmosphere...it just seemed like a place for American/Canadian retirees to hang out and try to pick up on other American/Canadian retirees. Definitely won't be going back on my next trip to Manzanillo. Overrated. Don't go to Mexico for American food. I learned my lesson.

1  Thank StocktonGetaway_Girl

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Now you can get The Best Burger in town DELIVERED....I passed on the Burger and had absolutely the best RIBS in the state of Colima DELIVERED. They arrived hot and soooo tender. They also arrived within 25 minutes of me calling the restaurant. Now I am not only lazy in my retirement...I am going to be lazy and fluffy with this great new service.Their well spoken English on the phone reassured me of my order being taken correctly.
Kudos to Godzilla's and their brand new scooter for reliable DELIVERY SERVICE...335-3772

Reviewed 16 April 2014

It's true Godzilla's has the best burger south of the boarder. Best meat ever!!!! Great homemade buns with reasonable prices and friendly staff. But hard work and attention to detail has made Godzilla's BBQ as good as there burgers. It's our "go to place" and so glad they are here in our town.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We feel very fortunate to have the talents of "Chef Paul" here. "Godzilla's Monster Burger" has a great family menu at the best prices! I should know. i have lived here for over 34 years!

No matter what is prepared it is with their own daily fresh baked bread. This restaurant not only caters to foreigner's, but also to the Nationals who we are seeing there more and more.

We have seen over time that to exist in a famous beach resort as Manzanillo, it is important to maintain clientele from both commumities, year after year foreign and Mexican. It appears that is the only way they can have success all year round.

What is amazing is that the quality of Paul's menu is consistent! As General Director of a Foreign Community Association, A.C. All of Mexico and beyond! called HELP! I recommend this Restaurant to everyone we know that is visiting.

Congratulations Paul. Keep up the great job. And thank you for the great Corned Beef and Cabbage on St. Patrick's Day!!!
Licda. E. D. "Bonnie" Sumlin, General Director HELP! The Manzanillo Foreign Community Association, A.C. All of Mexico and beyond!

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Sometimes I can't help but question that one of my favorite restaurants in Manzanillo is a "hamburger joint." How odd, right?

Manzanillo, essentially, has no gourmet cuisine, no one fabulous "go-to" destination for fabulous dining.

The few cafés here that are good, that prosper, that attract both local & foreign diners are good and simple.

The good cafés create good comfort food from scratch, from quality local sources, and without any pretensions whatsoever.

Godzilla's is that sort of wonderful cafe/pub/casa otra.

The beef comes fresh from a farm, hand-selected sirloin ground & grilled perfectly with any topping or any side dish imaginable (think: cheddar, bacon, blue cheese,etc.)

The fish is fresh. The bread is homemade. The Negra Modelo beer is on tap & arrives in a frosted mug or pitcher.

The wait staff is young, attentive, sweet & mostly bilingual. Many stay forever, a testimony to good mgmt.

The owner is friendly, funny, & charming.

Oh. And the ribs. Oh!

The 80s MTV channel & the decor sort of suck, but big deal.