I moved to Mexico a year ago and this was the 2nd place I took a trip to. Had I flown here and not just drove a few hours I would have been irate. We visited in February 2013 with my kids and parents. We got the 2br ste after reading it came with a King Bed and 2 doubles...more than enough for our group and Orbitz said it sleeped 6. NOT TRUE. The double beds weren't just singles, they were the smallest singles I'd seen. Just big enough for our young kids. We immediatley moved to the 3br as there was no way to make the sleeping work.
Now the room...they claim a kitchenette...not even close. They have cupboards that are screwed shut, a non-working stove top and no dishes/cups. There was a small fridge. That being said, not like you need a stove of cupboards, but it simply was not what they said...and it would be nice to have a glass or a little bowl for the kids when they want a snack.
When we got to our new room...it was filthy, very and we had ants!! lots of them. we told the front desk immediately and they sent someone to take care of it. They were all in the kitchen on the walls and in the bathrooms all over the sink and eventually around our toiletries. It took them 3 trips, inconveniences and sprays to not fix the problem Granted they tried...but c'mon, this is supposed to be a relaxing vacation.
The service was ok, the food was not bad...for a short trip. We left for dinners to go to the strip which is much more ideal to experience the surroundings.
At the end of the day, we just had some real bad luck that with everything combined making it extremely frustrating. If all the problems were handled better...I'd be ok with it, but it was all an effort. Initially we were going to have to pay for our room change...it took the whole trip to find a manager and finally they agreed to honor our initial price since it was false advertising. I've recently checked months later only to find Orbitz did not do the only thing i asked and that was to change their description of the room. I'd hate to see another family travel thinking they have a king and 2 doubles only to find that is far from the case.
Orbitz did reimburse a small bit for the problem caused, but it was never about that...sometimes a little principle goes a long way.
I'll finish by saying our friends that were in other rooms very much enjoyed their stay. I really think we just hit some bad luck. I'll be trying out other placed before rushing back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel is strategically located at the residential area of Salahua, in one of the most beautiful beaches of the impressive Mexican Pacific Ocean, 25 minutes from the Playa de Oro International airport and 5 minutes from Las Hadas, the 18 holes par 72 golf course. LA HUERTA CAFE Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, this restaurant offers a la carte service with an international menu. Open daily from 06:00 am to 23:00 hrs. LA VELA RESTAURANT This arbor offers local and international sea food specialties for lunch. Open daily from 13:00 hrs to 23:00 hrs. LOBBY BAR With the most refreshing drinks and cocktails. Open daily from 11:00am to 01:00am Beach front, 02 pools, 2 jacuzzis, gym, sauna and spa service, tabacco shop, 24hrs. Room service, Children activities "Club Travesuras" on Holidays, sports and leisure activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Camino Real Manzanillo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Manzanillo Hotel Manzanillo
- Camino Real Hotel Manzanillo