“Pampered beyond belief”
Sun drenched pool, jacuzzi, deck and pacific ocean
Beautiful views throughout Palace by the Sea Pool, deck, jacuzzi and living room at night
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Beautiful views throughout Palace by the Sea
Pool, deck, jacuzzi and living room at night
Grand view of Palace by the Sea
Located at the tip of La Punta Peninsula
Living room and Pacific
Living Room and grand staircase, entrance, office, media room
Dining Room, kitchen entrance and Pacific
Our Fantastic Chef and staff will pamper you
Exotic deserts
La Punta private Beach club
Conde Naste calls ours one of the 10 best private beaches in the world.
Master Suite with view of Pacific
Butterfly suite
Garden Walkway
Fiesta Suite
Garden Beauty
Our seasoned staff has pampered Palace guests for over 15 years.
Rosa Room
Living Room at night
Media room and Office
Pool deck viewed from VIP suite
Grand entrance staircase, plaza and fountain
4 clay tennis courts and Club House
4 world class golf courses nearby
El Tamarindo Golf course
Sunrise and Sunset light on the cliffs is magical
Beautiful Ocean sunsets from the pool deck. If you\'re lucky you may see whales.
Our Palace Gym has all new Life Fitness Machines - 2 Treadmills, Bike and more..
Palace Gym's new Life Fitness Universal Machine w/ interactive instruction video
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Atlanta, Georgia
“Pampered beyond belief”
Reviewed 27 December 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Pampered Beyond Belief

I have been delayed writing this review, but given the incredible stay I had at Palace by the Sea, I would be remised if I did not do a formal review before 2015 ends. Let me note that my husband and our two young daughter travel often and do at least two trips a year. I spent many weeks scouring the Internet to decide where we would spend our summer vacation in July 2015. We enjoy all types of trips including escorted land trips, cruises, railway journeys and even plan as we go adventures. This trip, however, I wanted to be relaxing and pampered. Often I return from vacation needing a vacation and this time I wanted true “lazy bliss”. I decided trying a fully staffed vacation home may be the perfect vacation for us. I stumbled across Palace by the Sea when I was searching vacation rental sites. From the first look at the palace I was smitten. Then I read the reviews and watched the video and I was sold. A gorgeous home with a chef preparing all of meals sounded like absolute paradise. I contacted the owners to reserve it and Mr. Alper responded immediately and even honored a lower price that the website quoted. I was impressed from the first contact.

Because we have two young daughters (ages 7 and 11 at the time of the trip), I wanted to know about family activities. Mr. Alper put me in touch with his daughter in law, Sonja Alper, and the great service only continued. She was truly a God send and responded to EVERYONE of my NUMEROUS inquires. She made planning so easy and provided me with a lot of information to plan each thing we wanted to do. We were also planning a Spain trip for 2016 and she even gave me tons of advice for that trip as she had just recently traveled to Spain (I mean than is incredible customer service).

Once we arrived the palace was even better than the pictures and was truly spectacular. The staff was awesome and were there to greet us. I can’t say enough how much they helped make our trip wonderful. And the meals Pilar made (trust me I am a bit of a food snob) were phenomenal. Upon arrival we were made cocktails (mocktalis for the kids) and had an awesome dinner of authentic Mexican tacos as I requested. Pilar prepared all our meals and breakfast was always wonderful to wake up to the smells of eggs, bacon and tropical fruit. Pilar’s roast chicken and lobster tails were AMAZING. I was there on my birthday and she even made me a cake.

We did lots of activities while there including taking the golf cart to the beach and driving the provided suburban to a local resort for gelato and snorkeling. We hired a driver to take us to nearby Colima, a turtle sanctuary and even stopped roadside to pick up fresh coconut and Mexican treats for the kids. We had massages and mani/pedis in the house and spent one day in the movie room just watching movies and eating popcorn.

Everyday our laundry was done, folded and returned to us- which meant no laundry to do when we returned home. There were games in the palace for the kids to play, and the best pool overlooking the ocean you could imagine (with Jose brining us drinks). Jose also stocked the kitchen with whatever snacks we requested as well as kept sodas in the refrigerator by the pool).

Now I will also share a few negatives, but they are truly not the fault of the Palace. The biggest and only major complaint I have is the transportation service that picked us up from the airport and took us on our excursion. The owner picked us up in a nice SUV and brought us to the Palace- no complaints there. He offered to provide us private car service for the week we would be there but his rate seemed exorbitant. We did later reserve his company for the excursions it was not a good experience. The driver was great but the vehicle was old very worn, the seat belt in the back for my girls was broken and one of the girls actually cut their finger. The ower actually met us before we headed to Colima and asked if I would pay him in advance which I did. Our driver expressed to the owner at that time his concern about the car making it to Colima but the owner assured us it would be fine. As we began our trip, the car overheated and we pulled over 3-4 tines to allow the car to cool down. Finally it began smoking and we found a safe place to pull over. The driver found an empty water container on the side of the road and filled it with water to continue to pour into the car. After sitting for about 40 minutes the owner arrived and gave us the newer SUV. I asked him how he would compensate us for this (as we paid a pretty hefty sum for this private excursion). The owner only offered to “buy us some beers”. We completed our excursion that day but needless to say was very disappointed with the owner. Additionally, we had already prepaid him for our return trip to the airport and once again we were transported in the old, unreliable SUV but fortunately it was a short trip. I would NOT recommend this company. We also had a bad manicurist at the palace, however, Jose warned us it was NOT the one they recommend but the recommended one was booked so I went with this lady. She injured my cuticles and nicked one of my daughter’s nail beds twice to the point they bled. So I highly recommend you use the manicurist the Palace recommends. Also remember the living areas are outdoor as most homes there. So at night the lizards, crabs and bugs will abound, but not once did one ever enter the bedrooms and by morning the staff has whisked away any night time “critters”. My only other concern is minimal and was truly not a problem for my family as we all have a decent working knowledge of Spanish. The staff is great and extremely accommodating, but sometimes to communicate effectively I did find I needed to use Spanish. This was not often and usually involved less than routine requests (e.g. asking Jose to buy rootbeer and cashews and expressing to Pilar I wanted egg whites only). So I would suggest bring a translation dictionary or installing a translation app on your phone just in case.

This was truly one of the best vacations I have EVER had and the Alper family made it so smooth and enjoyable. Howie Alper himself, even called to welcome us when we arrived. They have great wifi and even have a phone you can use to call back home and a number your family can reach you on at the Palace. The pool has baskets of towels that are replenished daily. There is even a massage room. It is obvious they thought of every touch to make you comfortable in their home. It was truly an honor to stay in Palace by the Sea and my entire family wants to return which is huge since we rarely repeat a vacation.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The staff was magnificent
Liked least: The transportation service we contracted
Travelling group: Young Children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Reggie3pe...
Marco Island, Florida
“Fantastic Vacation at Palace by the Sea!”
Reviewed 16 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

One of the very best vacations we've ever had! Four couples enjoyed golfing, shopping, swimming, ATV and horseback riding. The houseman was there to answer any questions and arrange all our activities. The chef… spectacular! The meals were beautiful and delicious! Our laundry was done daily so no need to pack lots of clothes, of course that left plenty of room in our suitcase for treasures to take home. We differently plan to vacation at the Palace by the Sea again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: All meal times, food was delicious
Travelling group: Large Group

arcee980
Niles, Illinois
“A perfect vacation.....”
Reviewed 2 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

There aren't too many things in life that can be called "perfect", but the week we spent at The Palace was just that...perfect! From the minute we arrived at this gorgeous location everything was just wonderful. The meals that Pilar prepared for us were the things dreams are made of - I'm STILL thinking about them. Jose and Patty took wonderful care of all our needs, including freshly laundered clothes each day, beautiful fresh flowers in our room (actually in all the rooms). The Palace itself is beautiful - the living and dining rooms are outdoors so you don't miss any of the magnificent scenery.
It was the most relaxing week I've ever enjoyed and have been telling everyone I know to try and get there for a vacation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I couldn't choose just one thing, that's how wonderful everything was...
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Alejandro...
Mexico City, Mexico
“This is truly a Palace by the Sea; Wonderful!!!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

This house is a true palace by the sea, gorgeous location in a super safe gated community in La Punta Manzanillo. This house has it all, you have a 5 people staff with an incredible chef that will amaze you with exquisite food. Large and spacious suites for all the family, ask for anything and staff will do their best effort to make you happy. House is impeccably maintained, everything works exceptionally well. In La Punta you can enjoy your own private beach, one of the best beaches I've ever been, no vendors. no quads, etc... House is for total relaxation. I really recommend this house for a family vacation, wedding or travel with friends.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: House Architecture and location.
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
West
Reviewed 8 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Management Response
16 Jul 2014
A pleasure to care of wonderful Guests like the Harrington's!
Frankie and Howie Alper
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing