“We will be back for the Escargot!!!”
Review of Toscana

Toscana
Ranked #11 of 173 Restaurants in Manzanillo
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Ajijic, Mexico
“We will be back for the Escargot!!!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

THis was by far the best food we had in Manzanillo, The restaurant is not much to look at but it does have a wonderful ocean view and it's on the beach with great sunsets. The service is excellent and Jose speaks perfect English. We had a country pate, the escargot was excellent, rack of lamb was just a little tough but well flavored, and coquille san jacque was delicious. At 8:30 soft, live music started. I found it to have good food, good service and was a good value.
I will definitely return.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank chachaandsalsa

Toronto, Canada
“Great sunset, poor food.”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The restaurant has certainly been around for awhile, and it shows. If you like a little decor with your dinner, this is not the place for you. The seating consists of leather tub chairs (fine) or plastic lawn chairs. If you want to try out Toscana's, I recommend a reservation (mention you'd prefer the proper chairs).

Hands down the best part of our dinner was the sunset. Even though we didn't have a rope-side table, our view of the sunset was stunning. I cannot imagine anyone wanting to come here after sunset. It's open-air, so put your bug spray on before you come.

We were two couples, two ordered fish, one shrimp, and one pasta. Certainly nothing worth recommending came out of the kitchen on our visit. I did chuckle at the thought of them offering NZ lamb for $470 peso, and us in our lawn chairs. The price of the menu varies (which comes via a handwritten mess on an easel), but I would say without seeing a sunset here, you would not leave with a good feeling after eating. We skipped dessert, so we cannot review that.

With the investment going on in the strip, I think Toscana needs to update themselves in a hurry. We'll certainly give them another try next year and hope for a better experience.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank treaga
Joseph, Oregon
“We keep going back!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

On each of our Manzanillo vacations we have eaten at Toscana. This spans over 15 years and the consistently great service and excellent food has not waivered. The view is incredible! Love the music and amazing broad menu. Seafood, steaks, pasta, fabulous deserts.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lisa S
“Yummy!!!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We went to Toscana 2 times during our stay. The lobster kabob was unreal and I had it twice! My husband absolutely lived the mussels. We were a group of ten with no reservation and they accommodated no problemo!! The desserts were so good I mean who doesn't love profiteroles!!! The sunset view is amazing and then the evening lights finish it off wonderful. It was in 2010 that I was here and I still think about it!!! Love this place and most definately will return! Great food good service and good value if you can imagine what you pay in Canada for the meal! I'd say easily $100-150 a person and we paid $60 ish for both of us! Can't wait, we will be back

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank CrystallionM
Ajijic, Mexico
“Consistently good”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Toscana has been a consistently good place to eat for many years. Good location on the beach, large selection and attentive service.

Visited February 2014