“Greatb day on the water”

Mi Casa Viajes - Private Day Trips
Ranked #9 of 52 Tours in Mazatlan
More attraction details
Owner description: Come sail with us on, Mazatlan Sailing Tours, eco tours, whale and dolphin watching and lots more! Welcome aboard Micasa with a storyteller and master sailor Cpt. Eduardo & first mate Kym. Discover the great diversity of marine life sea lions, sea birds, giant mantas, whales, dolphin, sea turtles and a variety of tropical fishes. Go swimming in quiet bays, kayak to or around islands & snorkel, or hike the island trails. Relax and enjoy an afternoon sunset wine and cheese cruise on our 44ft classic ketch and watch the spectacular pacific sunsets over the islands. Promises to be the most memorable experience in Mazatlan.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 9 May 2011

We visited Mazatlan in late April 2011. We found Mi Casa on Trip Advisor prior to our trip, Kym made the process of arranging a sailing tour simple and painless. We were picked up from our hotel, when we arrived at the Marina boarded a beautiful classic sailboat. We were not jammed on board with 50 other people like so many other tours. After a short motor out of the Marina we were immediately sailing (many other “sailing” tours never put up the sails). Captain Eduardo and his deckhand were very friendly, welcoming and went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable. We were provided with plenty of food and drinks, simple but delicious Captain Eduardo gave running commentary about the History and wildlife of the area; he was very informative and interesting. He also gave us a wonderful recommendation for a restaurant for dinner. We then sailed out to Deer Island, went ashore in the kayak and climbed to the top of the island. Fantastic views, and not too rigorous a climb, well worth the effort. A relaxing and enjoyable day of sailing, would recommend for anyone looking for a great day on the water and not a “booze cruise”.

1  Thank JRG123
in 2 reviews
"wealth of knowledge"
"highlight of our trip"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"sunset cruise"
in 7 reviews
"ocean"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 11 April 2011

I had scheduled a private sunset sail with Kym before we left cold and rainy Oregon. I was saddened when Kym called me the night before to tell me that the waves were too choppy and we would need to go out during the morning. I had planned this as a surprise for my family, but I agreed.
Eduardo picked us up at our hotel, we rode in a taxi, as is custom in Mazatlan, and had a fantastic time on the boat. Eduardo was fantastic with our 9 year old son, talked most of the time about the history and culture of Mazatlan. Sergio, his deckhand was super nice also.
My favorite part of the whole trip was listening to him sing.
It was super relaxing and a much needed start to our vacation.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
I would recommend doing the private cruise. I think the boat is best suited for 2-6 people.

1  Thank KylaLowell
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Everything about this trip was wonderful. Captain Edwardo was very knowlegable and fun to talk to. The price is very reasonable for a very relaxing and enjoyable day. Plenty of food and drink throughout the trip. All was very good. Just give Kym a call to make a reservation - it was our best day in Mazatlan!

1  Thank CathyManning_Iowa
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Kym and Eduardo were excellent hosts for our day trip sailing. Very attentive and informative. Eduardo gave a running commentary on the history of various sites as we sailed as well as comments on the wildlife we saw. Kym played guitar, beautiful voice, and again was very attentive to our needs. I would definitely recommend this as a day trip. Price very reasonable at $55 US for a 4-5 hour trip.

1  Thank SteveMazatlan
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 March 2011

I have to say I have wanted to sail in Mazatlan and looked to find the perfect one. I emailed
Kym once I arrived in Maz and she was amazingly fast at responding - great customer service!!! Once we settled on a day to go out, all that was left was the wait to go. Picked up at our hotel and off to the sailboat. Nice looking boat, and we were out on the water aboard the the beautiful sailboat , Mi Casa, with Captain Eduardo and his first mate Sergio. After a short motor out of the harbor, we were SAILING! And then some wonderful snacks and beverages appeared....followed by a tasty lunch while anchored. None of of elected to get off the boat and into the kayak, but that might be fun another time....and there will be another time. This trip was a highlight of our vacation and if I could have gotten away to go another day before we came home, I would have...this is what a great time we had. Ahoy Captain Eduardo and Kym, til next time.

1  Thank Shafsky