“If You Like Shrimp, You'll Love Playa Bruja”

Mr. Lionso Playa Bruja
Ranked #13 of 414 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Plymouth, Minnesota
“If You Like Shrimp, You'll Love Playa Bruja”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This restaurant is located right on the beach. You can watch the surfers in the water, then the sunset over the water.
The waiter brought around there own Tequillas for us to taste. Smart move, the almond Teqilla is great, needless to say we bought a bottle to go. Came back on the next visit to the restaurant and bought a second one.
The food was excellent, especially the shrimp. The cookies that the gave us for desert were great too, so much so that we had to buy some of them.
This is going to be an every year visit when we come to Mazatlan.

• Visited September 2013

Lompoc, California
“Beachfront palapa with excellent fresh seafood and Happy Hour”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

When I close my eyes and imagine drinking a beer on the beach at sunset, this is the kind of place I picture: an open-air palapa, strolling mariachis, very cold beers, fresh seafood, friendly staff, surfers on the waves, horses on the beach... paraiso. Every time I'm in Mazatlan, I make a point to visit Mr. Lionso's, and I've never been disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TravelinFool93436
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Our Favourite Standby”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We always share this place with friends and family who are newcomers to Mazatlan. Service is great, you are right by the ocean so you can watch the surfing action and the food is good. Did I mention happy hour? That's always fun as well. On our last visit we had Tequila shrimp and a crabmeat appetizer cooked right at our table. My daughter raved about it and she travels a lot. They also have entertainment which adds a nice touch to most evenings.

Visited July 2013
“SNAPPER”
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favorite resterants in Mexico I always get red snapper. Although the last time I was their I got a red snapper to share so they bring us a 2.5 LBS fish. And since it was such a huge fish it took a while to cook, so they brought everybody else's food while we waited. After about an hour they finally brought out our fish and everybody else was done eating. Not a good experience

• Visited June 2013
Graham, Washington
“Best Restaurant in Mazatlan!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

If you want real delicious, great, and safe food! This is the place to go!!! Seriously!
It is on one of the most scenic beach fronts! The staff are amazing!!!
The owner and his family are just some of the nicest people you will meet in Mexico!
Prices are very reasonable and great portions!
Our favorite meal was the Shrimp platter- You can choose 4 different types of shrimp. We loved the bacon wrapped swordfish shrimp and the coconut shrimp. Unbelievable presentation!
Happy hour means you get two delicious drinks instead of one.
We also had the swordfish plate and, the lobster and shrimp, Everything we ate was awesome!
Whatever you do! Get the Tequila cheese as an appetizer!!! So simple and yet so good!
They work with a local village that makes a very yummy tequila. My personal favorite was the coffee flavored tequila. We did a tour and went zip lining in the village too/ also great food!
make sure to talk to Skip-o at the restaurant. He hooked us up with a great price and made sure we had a blast!
Really you will be glad you made the trip there! It was the highlight of our time in Mazatlan!

• Visited June 2013