“Live music, great service, good food”

Gus y Gus Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 414 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Mountlake Terrace, Washington, United States
“Live music, great service, good food”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Both times I came here I ordered the chicken fajita and it is very very good. They bring you very good salsa and chips while you wait. The prices are very reasonable and the wait staff are very outgoing and friendly. They have a live band playing in the evenings, very fun atmosphere.

Langley City, Canada
“Don't care attitude”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I found the staff to be surley with a 'don't care attitude'. One waiter dropped a spoon on an empty chair in a table next to us, the waiter just picked it up and placed it back on the customers plate. ( unsanitary!!)
While cleaning the table close by the waiter just shook out the food crumbs and it all went 'flying'
into the air and onto other tables. NO TIP FOR THEM !!! I will never return.

• Visited May 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“Fantastic Breakfast - Desayuno Excelente”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were wandering the area and stopped in on a whim. It was late morning and they gave us the breakfast menu. We didn't ask if lunch was available.
If you get the right waiter, he will talk your ear off and you won't understand but about 10% of what he says. He was funny though and we had no complaints.
She ordered pancakes and they were pancakes. I however ordered the shrimp omelet and it was outstanding. We would go back just to get that again.
All in all, we were glad we stopped. With two bottles of water we spent 15 dollars, including tip.... Well worth it.

Oregon
“Good and Bad”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stopped here for dinner after talking to a local about the place. We arrived around 6:30 so never heard the band. My husband's shrimp was very good and their homemade salsa was excellent. I had the chicken molcajete and it was okay but the sauce was too spicy for me. The hostess was very nice and we were never approached by anyone about a timeshare.

Now the not so good. When we got the check we put down our credit card and we were told we needed to tell them up front before they ran the card what we wanted to add for tip. Our dinner total came to $434 including tax so we told them to add $50 pesos. They came back with a slip for $500 pesos so apparently they decided to tip themselves more. Ends up the credit card machine did not work so we put down a $500 bill because we did not have change. The waiter immediately said "what no tip!" Unbelievable. If you want to try this place, bring cash and change.

• Visited April 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Live music and great service!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I frequented this restaurant in the evenings during our week in Mazatlan as there was nothing to do on our resort. So glad we found it. The service was amazing, the drinks were great and the food was excellent as well. One of our servers (an assistant waiter, we think his name was Carlos) spoke excellent English, and was very friendly. He seemed to be the best at attracting the tourists into the place, as he didn't sound like one of the locals yelling "hey lady". He was polite and a lot of fun. The waiter he was assistant to (tall) was also fantastic. It was because of these two men, and their amicable nature that kept us coming back. Keep doing what you're doing, Gus y Gus!! To all travellers to Mazatlan, we highly recommend stopping in.

• Visited April 2014