“Feel at home”

Ranked #74 of 445 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 February 2014

A little sports bar in the Golden zone that is owned by a couple of Canadians. Go in have a beer and phone home for free.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

The little woman and I are vacationing in Mazatlan for a month and visited "The Saloon" on a fellow traveler's recommendation; we were favorably impressed. It appeared to be headquarters for Canadian/American couples in their 70's, fun lovers. Owners were welcoming, Hispanic waiters were on top of it (as well as the dance floor), live music was lively and the atmosphere was fun.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I love Mexico and we go every year. I also love Mexican food but every now and then you just get a craving for some food that reminds you of home. That's where the Saloon comes in. They have awesome burgers (chicken & beef), all the sports from home, free phone calls home and OMG..they speak perfect English! The owners (Wendy & Shelley) are so nice and make you feel so welcome. The staff is warm and friendly. It's like walking into a bar in any Canadian or US town except the weather is much nicer and the Margaritas are much larger and tastier!

1  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We were extremely impressed with "The Saloon". They really cater to Americans and Canadians. The food and staff were awesome. Wendy, the owner, was very friendly! Great place...

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My wife and I came to Mazatlan for the first time, as we were walking and talking we stumbled upon "The Saloon", We decided to pop in for a beverage because we saw the Canadian flag on the sign as you walk into the enclosed bar or open air patio which is awesome, As I sipped on my "Miami Vice" (you have to try), we decided to order food from the vast menu they have. I had the Fish Taco's....OMG!!! The food and service was so DAMN good that we went back the very next day for supper, drinks and dancing to the live entertainment they had. The staff were so courteous, they even remembered our names from the night before, the Owners were great too, making sure that we were happy with everything! The Saloon has lots of flat screen TV'S in which you can watch what ever sport you want...inside the bar or out on the patio! The bar also offers FREE LONG DISTANCE calls to Canada and the USA, which is great if you want to call family back home. I would rank THE SALOON a 10/10 on everything(staff, food, drinks, entertainment, locaction, atmosphere)!!!!

WE WILL DEFINATELY BE BACK!!!!