Ill try to keep this simple:
We visited April 18-25th through Sunwing via Vancouver. Nothing but praises for Sunwing, the flight and staff.
- CLEAN resort. CLEAN rooms (all with ocean views). We booked a 'standard' room and got the 18th floor. What a view!
- Great food, great drinks.
- Fantastic, hard working staff. From the swim-up bar, to the restaurants, maids etc. They work so hard for SO little and are so pleasant. PLEASE TIP THESE PEOPLE! We didn't see enough of that.
- Beautiful walking beach. If vendors annoy you, there is a large roped off area that they cannot cross to try to sell you stuff.
- We visited Easter week, which the local people have off as a holiday as well. I would say the hotel was at full capacity and probably 75% locals. I can appreciate that this is just a cultural difference, but in general they were pushy and would butt in line as if you were invisible. Also did not care who was caught in the cross-fire of their water guns and super-soakers in the pools. It was also discouraging to see many of them littering and leaving big messes of cups, straws, plates from the buffet, cigarette butts etc around the pools and beach area without batting an eye. This didn't ruin our trip at all, but worth mentioning.
- No coffee maker in the room. We brought our own, but if you like enjoying a morning coffee without having to go downstairs, bring your own.
Otherwise a nice trip to Mazatlan. Do try the restaurant "Mr Lionos" 10 mins down the beach if you like seafood. It is safe and they take major credit cards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Opening summer 2009 * 12 km / 7.45 Miles from Mazatlan, overlooking the Pacific Ocean * Located on Playa Las Brujas beach * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 20-story main building * Surrounded by 13.500 M2 / 16.15 Sq. Yards of lush gardens * 10 km / 6.2 Miles from various shops * 12 km / 7.45 Miles from Mazatlan * 32 km / 19.87 Miles from the airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Emerald Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Emerald Bay Mazatlan