Mayan Palace Mazatlan
US$500
US$421
Bookit.com
  • Beachfront
Ramada Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$156
Oceano Palace Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$1,007
US$71
  • Pool
Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$91
US$624
US$298
  • Pool
Quality Inn Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$66
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$62
El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$150
Elvoline
  • Pool
El Cid Marina Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$126
HotelsClick
  • Pool
All reviewssea gardentime sharegrand blissocean viewgolden zonetwo bedroom unitactivities staffnice resortsales presentationdining tablesmall balconysabalo centroconcierge deskcoffee makerbit datedsized bedfun activities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I had another great stay at the resort. Most years i stay in the Sea Garden and it is my favorite. I visit in the slow time of year in Sept so this year they let me stay 4 weeks in the Mayan Palace at no extra cost to try it out and account of upgrades going on at the Sea garden. Great ocean view, really good food at the restaurant.The gym is being up graded this year so i will be excited to see what new equipment we get when i visit in 2014. What makes the Mayan Palace / Sea garden a top pick for me other than the nice condos and gorgeous property is all the hard working staff running the place. You can have nice buildings and grounds but what makes or breaks a place for me is the people running the place. This place has the most friendly staff around !!Sea Garden and Mayan Palace in Mazatlan is my top pick!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ken r
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This resort was too far from town and the service was not great. We were promised an ocean view, but was facing the street and construction. The rooms were also located far back from the ocean which was not expected. The bellman's were great! The great thing about Mazatlan is the city and this was not a great location to be able to really enjoy it. I would not stay here again and it makes me re-think my time share purchase.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank sl37997
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at Mayan Palace Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear sl37997 :

We are grateful for your taking the time to write a review about your experience while staying at Mayan Palace and for your kind words about our bell boys’ staff.

It appears as though not all your expectations were met. We spend considerable resources training our staff to maintain the highest possible standards and our goal is to make each one of our guests’ vacations relaxing. With that in mind, your feedback will be shared with all the appropriate areas to continue working hard to achieve excellence.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future to truly impress you with what we have to offer.

Warmest regards,
Mayan Palace Mazatlán Management

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We are members in Cancun, We have used all Mayan resorts the is the smallest of all the resorts. but the service is great food on 90 % of the time was perfect but it was corrected or no charge to us, the price is a bit higher for some of the service WI FI is one of them, I think they should make it free. But that is the bean counters. Only one restaurant now but there is now updates to fix that very soon. I say by Oct. when we return it will offer more options.

Room Tip: Put in a request for room of your choice when you book it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank podacyokc
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed at the Sea Garden Mazatlan for Christmas Week 2012... we booked through RCI and were checked into the "new building" which was absolutely gorgeous, on the same property as the old Sea Garden Hotel... We loved the food, drinks and service... the only downside was having to take a taxi everywhere you wanted to go... however the sunsets from our room were amazing and made up for the inconvenience of the location.

Room Tip: If you can get booked into the "new hotel" at the Sea Garden you'll love it!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My husband and I were shocked at how expensive this hotel was, considering what you get in return. The hotel is out of the way of everything, adding to your trip expenses, requiring you to take a taxi virtually anywhere. The ONE restaurant is decent for an overpriced breakfast. Otherwise, be ready for tacky theme nights and buffet city. Servers were rude; it seemed inconvenient for them to refill our coffee and assumed decaf would suffice if they could get away with scheming you. The rooms look like tasteless apartments with the strangest art and color scheme. Our suite was consistently dirty with small bugs on the sinks, sand on the couches and floor, missing lightbulbs throughout, and only one air conditioner for the two-room suite. Beware that the sales pitch begins when you check in. It is obligatory to stop by the concierge who is really a timeshare saleswoman before you can even see your room. Advice: cut them to the quick, stating you are not interested and will not be interested in hearing about the timeshare options. They will have a bad attitude about this, too. The gym reeks of plastic. There is no beach because the waves are so big, you cannot swim and the water level is up to the shore. What shore there is, is covered in garbage. The pool doesn't "open" until 9AM, so you are out of luck if you want a towel (which you had to return by 7PM the night before). The concierge knows nothing about life outside of the hotel. No info on bike rentals, restaurants, entertainment. They will very obviously try to steer you towards their tours. I asked them to make a reservation at another restaurant I found on my own, and they tried to convince me to go elsewhere (I'm sure it was in their own self-interest). The dining experiences we had outside of the hotel were fabulous! Mazatlan is great, but stay elsewhere closer to the city and the malecon!

Room Tip: Make sure you book on the ocean side. Otherwise, you will be facing the street.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Patricia867

Dear Patricia867:

Thank you for providing your comments about your vacation at Mayan Palace. We always like to hear about our guests’ experiences since it is the only way to truly know we are doing a great job to making your stay enjoyable.

We generally receive very favorable comments about our staff and the service they provide; unfortunately in this instance, it would appear that is not the case. Comments like yours enable our continued pursuit of improvement for perfection on our daily performance as well as to maintain our facilities in the best conditions for our guests to enjoy. This will be addressed by the appropriate areas as we always work hard to have a clear communication with our honored guests.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Warmest regards,
Mayan Palace Mazatlán Management.