“Great coffee and breakfast!”
Review of Rico's Cafe

Rico's Cafe
Ranked #8 of 424 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout
Description: Rico's Cafe opened in 2000 as Mazatlan´s only cafe. Our simple desire was to inspire customers by offering an inviting place to enjoy Mexico's best coffees prepared by our expert baristas. Today we enjoy a loyal following of locals as well as tourists who seek out our homemade breakfasts, sandwiches, salads and specialty crepes. We also offer freshly-baked breads and pastries, frappes and imported teas, in addition to our coffees which we roast on the premises. Rico's terraces are a great place for groups to gather, our booths are ideal for private conversations and our long tables in front of the main bar are great for people watching and meeting others. Free high-speed Internet, music and personalized service make this a second home for many customers. You will leave inspired, and say "Que rico!"
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I stopped in at Rico's right before sailing the Baja Bash. It was a very good breakfast with a nice patio overlooking one of Mazatlan's main streets. The breakfast was very nice, the coffee was superb in a city where good coffee is difficult to find. The service was a little on the slow side which is why they lose one point in my books. I would definitely return, however.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had always gone to Rico's in the Golden Zone for cake but this year had breakfast there a few times.They have a large and varied menu - omelets, waffles,french toast, blintzes. Their chocolate waffles with strawberries and berry blintzes are delicious and not found elsewhere.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Located in the Golden Zone, Rico's has the best coffee and a great breakfast/brunch menu! This is my first stop when arriving in Mazatlan. We stay at Royal Villas and have a coffee maker in our room. Rico's Chiapas Dark coffee is fantastic! The staff speak English and are very helpful. The pastries, sandwiches, breakfast entrees are perfect.
Only place better is the Loony Bean near the Bruha or on the main street along the Malcon.
We go to Mazatlan twice a year; November and January for mission work and vacation time. We have eaten at Rico's and Loony Bean many breakfasts and lunches.

1  Thank sandy m
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stopped here to get a good coffee drink (Mocha). The drink and the service was very good. We returned another day and got another Mocha. This place just appeals to me as one can duck out of the harsh sunlight and relax with a good drink and watch the traffic and people scurry past you at breakneck speed. Next visit I intend to have a meal here. Sounds good to me.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is our first visit to Mazatlan. We have had breakfast at Rico's three mornings. I am not a coffee drinker so can't speak to that but I love a good breakfast and that's what we found here. The breakfast crepes are fabulous. My breakfast panini also was very tasty. They advertise fresh,farm to table food and we found that to be true. Our waiter, Aldo, was very pleasant and accommodating. Generous portions, reasonable prices.