All reviews waiting staff in the restaurant honeymoon suite quiet hotel ocean view golden zone vacation spot living room week stay great beach ortiz bellman cerritos
Reviewed 1 January 2019

First of all we were checked into the incorrect room type and when we went back down to reception to explain, they seemed indifferent to the error and made my partner email them evidence of the honeymoon suite that we had booked (should this not have been on file already?). There were no fluffy robes, face cloths or even a bath mat (we had to request these from housekeeping). The spa in the room was dirty (it was full of grit and hair), I ended up cleaning it myself before we used it. The windows needed a good clean too as the view out to the ocean was a bit of a blur because of the grime and sea salt. Also the food in the restaurant was not good. We were woken up to the sound of a digger the next morning (around 8am) that the hotel had booked to move sand, it was out there for a few hours. Hardly conducive to relaxation! The two positives were that the waiting staff in the restaurant were incredibly attentive and friendly (thank you) and the pool area was nice and quiet after the digger left (no music blasting like they do in some hotels - so we could actually relax and enjoy the sound of the ocean).

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bustamante Salc... P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Park Royal Beach Resort Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2019

Dear Miss. Amanda :

We are working on this issues for these inconveniences not to take place again. Hopefully we will have the opportunity of welcoming you again and going beyond your expectations in your upcoming visit.

Thanks
Angelica Hernandez
General Manager Park Royal Mazatlán

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

The beach is the highlight....
3 nights in 3 more to go and still no body wash after the first night. No washcloths, hand towels provided after asking three staff members.
Was told massages are 2 for 1.
700 is the cost for one and its 1400 for two, that's not two for one. Was also told no reservation needed at the spa when I went in around 3pm was told reservation was needed and they were booked come back tomorrow. Drinks are inconsistent as is the cost.
Some fixtures are in a bad state. The beds are firm, very firm no fluff at all (I personally like this) and the fitted sheets are very rough, don't slide a knee or an elbow to fast or you will have sheet burn? Is that a thing?
For how far north we are more amenities would help ease all the taxi and pulmania costs.
Important note, there is a lot of good food to be found in Mazatlan but there is no fridge or microwave available to you.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MContreras18, Gerente at Park Royal Beach Resort Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Thank you for your preference. It was a pleasure to welcome you at Park Royal Mazatlán. We appreciate your detailed review which will help us detect opportunity areas to enhance our overall service.

It is with great concern that we read your comments. It disappoints us to know that we did not succeed in meeting your needs, for which we apology. Rest assured that all the points you mentioned will be taken care of for them not to occur again.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

the property is in poor shape the service was great but the accommodation was very poor phone not working,no phone on the bedroom, no tv in the living room, no safe deposit to lock our documents,door that do have security locks on doors the food was not at all tasty

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MContreras18, Gerente at Park Royal Beach Resort Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

First and foremost, we would like to express our gratitude for staying at Park Royal Mazatlán. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the unfortunate situation experienced during your stay. Rest assured that all the points you mentioned will be taken care of for them not to occur again. We are certain that we can make your stay a memorable experience.

Please do not hesitate to visit us again.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I came with my parents to spend 5 days away from the city and all the stress. My mom has a knee problem and my dad just had a heart problem, well we were on the 16th floor, there was just ONE elevator, they keep promising that they are fixing it but it seems that they have been promising since they open. The power went off! So we are “trapped” on the 16th floor without any ac, or elevator, fun stuff huh? The people that work in the hotel are super nice! The pool and the beach are beautiful! But the rooms and the fact that they keep lying about IMPORTANT stuff it’s a HELL NO!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Gerardo G, Gerente at Park Royal Beach Resort Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

One of our main goals is to constantly improve our services. That is why any kind of feedback is of great value to us.

We are currently implementing action plans to revert this situation.We would be pleased to welcome you again to demonstrate the improvements achieved.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

There are many reasons why I left such a trashy Hotel Reason 1 Rooms: The first time I entered the room the floor was sticky the bathroom had fungus in it the showers weren’t cleaned the sink was sticky and not thoroughly cleaned the bedsheetsv weren’t changed when we came in the sheets had hair and dirt the pillows were very dirt The first time I entered the room the floor was sticky the bathroom had fungus in it the showers weren’t cleaned the sink was sticky and not thoroughly Cleaned the tables were also dirty and had stains The service was not that well we had called to clean the rooms and a couple of hours later we came in in the rooms were not cleaned it was a little wipe on the sink and that’s it the best she’s were still the same and they were not changed they only did the blankets and did not change the bedsheets nor the pillows I felt really disgusted to the point that I didn’t want to sleep and I have to put a trash bag on top of my pillow and sleep on it the amount of how they don’t care about cleaning this really Disappoints me I was expecting good cleaning list and good service to come but I was disappointed with such trash Adding on the bed sheets pillows blankets all smelled really bad it smelled like it hadn't been cleaned in days. I felt like a Publix restroom with cleaner them then this trash that I am living in I’d rather live in a restaurant then live in that hotel honestly worst experience ever for me I never had encounter such disappointment I was having high hopes and expectations about this hotel. Reason 2 The second reason why I left this trashy hotel was because of the elevators the elevators take very long to wait for so I suggest to go up in the stairs either an elevator was broken or the other and was in service the elevators at this hotel are the worst elevators I’ve encountered in my experienc The second reason why I left this trashy hotel was because of the elevators the elevators took very long to wait for so I suggest to go up on the stairs either an elevator was broken or the other and was in service the elevators at this hotel are the worst elevators I’ve encountered in a hotelAll these reasons led me to check out I own originally planned to stay for seven days but I checked out on the first day because of how lack of service and cleanliness it lacked.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club
Gerardo G, Gerente at Park Royal Beach Resort Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Park Royal Mazatlán as host of your recent holidays. We appreciate your detailed review which will help us detect opportunity areas to enhance our overall service.It is with great concern that we read your comments. It disappoints us to know that we did not succeed in meeting your needs, for which we apology. We are currently implementing action plans to revert this situation. We hope you granted us the opportunity to change your perspective towards the resort.