“Mazatlan by Rhino”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mazatlan Tours

Mazatlan Tours
Ranked #7 of 47 Tours in Mazatlan
More attraction details
Owner description: Mazatlan's #1 tours and excursions company. Stone Island tours, Snorkeling trips, sightseeing tours, whale watching, airport transfers, cruise shore excursions and more. Featuring a popular no-port, no-pay policy for cruise passengers and Mazatlan's only discount card free with every reservation, Mazatlan Tours is your home for fun things to do on your vacation. Let us show you the wonders of Mazatlan.
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mazatlan by Rhino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We booked this tour on our cruise with Norwegian Cruise Lines. As with any cruise tour,we were picked up promptly shortly after the boat landed. The tour was through Playa Sol Tours and it was great. The Rhino's are jeep-like vehicles you drive yourself (2 people per vehicle). The tour took in all parts of Mazatlan as well as stops along the way to view the city or to visit notable locations. The guides were great, not only giving us information along the way, but making sure we were safe driving the streets. A real fun time!

Visited April 2014
3 Thank rekameo

Prescott, Arizona
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Old Mazatlan Walking tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We booked this tour on our Norwegian Cruise Line. Tour guide was Cesar, who was excellent! Picked up promptly, and gave an excellent tour. He was easy to understand, did not talk constantly, good history of the area, there was very little shopping involved, and a great history. Even got a free beer at the end.... what more could you ask for!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank PaulL227
Medicine Hat, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Zip Line & River Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was a bit hesitant booking an excursion online before leaving Canada, but after reading positive reviews about www.mazatlantours.org here on TripAvisor I was confident I wasn't going to get screwed over.

A friend and I did the zip line & river ride combo on Feb 18, 2014 and it was a fantastic day!!! They picked us up on time (9:00am) from our hotel, made a stop at a bakery for the BEST empanadas I have ever had (mine had warm caramel inside, my friend got cheese with jalepenos), we did 12 zip lines, enjoyed a delicious lunch (guacamole; salsa; beef wrapped in tortillas; beer or water; and beans), took a tour of the tequila factory and bought a bottle of their almond flavored (similar taste to Disaronno or Amaretto), then we loaded into our Coleman kayaks and floated down the river enjoying the scenery and wildlife (birds, a turtle, mexican racoon, lots of cows in farmland). Since my friend and I were the only ones who went on the river after zip lining the van took everyone back after the tequila tour and they arranged for a taxi to take us back after kayaking. Our taxi driver was as fantastic as the staff with the tour company (Veraneando Adventure - which I have written a more detailed review on their TripAdvisor page) and he took us on a back road where we saw lots of cactus, cliffs, and passed through some villages.

In sum, it was a fantastic day for the price we paid (about $130 per person, Canadian funds). If I am ever in Mazatlan again I would definitely consider using MazatlanTours again. I also noticed they offer tours in other cities in Mexico so I will definitely check them out if I visit any of those destinations.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank Shell1384
Newark, Delaware
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Stone Island Tour Great Time, Great Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Had a great time on this tour. Was operated by Playa Sur which surprised me. I was unaware that Mazatlan tours subcontracted out their tours. We were late being picked up. The directions on the ticket said to meet at the walk in front of your hotel. This meant the sidewalk down in front of El Cid not the lobby entrance. We then were picked up in a pick up truck which we did not expect. We then get to the port and have to go on a different bigger boat because apparently no one showed up for work. Glad we did not get rescheduled because we were leaving the next day. Get to Stone island after a cruise to the lighthouse and white rocks and get on a tractor which pulls us to a restaurant. Immediately got a drink all included, did a horseback ride on the beach(supposed to be 30 minutes but was shorter) and also rode the banana boat. It was a little disorganized trying to figure out how to sign up for the activities as our guide had to return to get another group of people. Had a good lunch can do a combo which includes quesadilla, fish and chicken with rice and beans. Wanted to charge for extra food however.The restaurant had plenty of tables and chairs but did not have lounge chairs. In addition it had one big shade area instead of individual umbrellas or thatch huts.Boat ride back was on the correct catamaran. Meet nice people and had a great time.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Eva P
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Mazatlan Sunset Cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Sunset cruise was perfect. We even had a dolphin play with our boat while cruising.Staff was very fun and made us all feel very welcome. They were attentive with asking if they could take our pictures for us, what we wanted to drink or just to answer questions in general.

I booked the trip online just so I could have something to compare to when I got to Mazatlan. One never knows if the price is cheaper if you wait and book in Mexico. I was pleasantly surprised that Mazatlan Tours was cheaper. Would definintely use their service again.

Visited January 2014