“"I'll be back."” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Lake Orion, Michigan
“"I'll be back."”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

Great stay. We wew ther 10 days and it was our 3rd stay. Great basic hotel. Would like to see in-room safe and small refrige but other than that absolutly no complaints. We were beach front room and security was amazing. Ex: on patio at 2am and dropped a small plastic cup. The security guard walked by about one minute later, checked, all was well and by radio reported that all was well.

Room Tip: 3 times, never a problem.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chevriers
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Manager at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 5 May 2011
Dear guest (Chevriers),

I would like to take the time to thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor about our resort, as well as thank you for your repeat business over the course of the last few years, earning your loyalty is of paramount interest to me as a member of the management staff and family of owners. I hope that we will be able to take your advice in the near future in regards to including in room safes, and would like to inform you that there are safes available at our front desk for future reference.

If I can be of any service in future in providing you with information, direction or service, I ask that you do not hesitate in giving me a call as I would like to get the opportunity to meet you and perhaps show you around some of the various options that are available on our facilities.

I again thank you for your time and consideration in writing this comment, and I look forward to having an opportunity to meet you in the near future.

044-669-913-4754

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

We have been staying at the Hotel Playa Mazatlan for 28 years. It is a family run hotel and the service, rooms, restaurant and everything about it is superb. The beach is fabulous as it is a private beach that none of the other hotels offer. The entire staff is always very helpful, and most have been there for years. They always seem to remember the returning visitors. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for ocean view.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sheberlein
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Manager at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 6 April 2011
Dear Guest (sheberlein),

Thank you, thank you, thank you - your lifetime of loyalty is extremely valuable to both me and my family. It is loyalty that has helped us retain the hotel and maintain our standards, and it is comments like these that give us the energy to continue to work hard towards excellence in service and quality facilities; our aim is always to make you feel like you have made it to your home away from home, after 28 years I hope it now feels that way. We look forward to seeing you here again soon and I would love to invite you to stop by my office (sales and reservations) so that I may thank you in person and get a chance to put a face with the name. As a recent hire to the management staff and a member of the family of owners meeting all of our repetitive guest and thanking them in person is very important to me, I would as well love to get a chance to know you better and perhaps show you some parts of the property you might have never had the opportunity to see.

I in advance thank you for your time and prompt reply, and offer my contact information for personal assistance if needed.

Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

We stay in Playa Mazatlan every November. I have been coming to Mazatlan since I was a kid with my Grandparents and now I take my family there. Our stays have always been relaxing and very enjoyable. The one thing you need to do when visiting Playa Mazatlan is shed the stress, remember you are not royalty. The surroundings and/or customs may not be what you are used to, but hey, thats why you are on vacation right? Enjoy where you are and relax, grab a Cabana early (they go quick) and have a cup of cofee. Watch the fishing boats go out to work and the birds swoop down and eat some fish. Get to know the beach Vendors. Raymond always has a deal for us with his silver jewelry and Henry would love to sell you a hat or a t-shirt. Work off some of those extra calories at the gym with Alejandro, its worth the pain. Playa Mazatlan is just simply a great place to vacation as a couple or with the kids. See ya in November!!!

Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank scottandsheilab
Dear Guest (scottandsheilab),

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to post such a positive review of the Hotel even though you are already a loyal long time guest, it is refreshing to see that our guest still take the time to speak out about our Hotel. I am impressed to hear that you have made this destination and Hotel a family tradition. I love the approach you offer on relaxation, as you know peace and tranquility is a way of life here, as well you have pinpointed the local characters from the beach and I feel that Raymond and Henry will always offer quality, a warm smile and always a great price if you know how to bargain...

Please feel free to stop by my office (sales and reservations) next time you come by as I would love to get to meet you and your family, as a member of the management staff and family of owners there is nothing that gives me more pleasure than the opportunity to be of service and talk about the Hotel, I promise I can still show you things in the Hotel you are probably not aware of, and i would like to give you guys a tour. Again thank you for your kind words, loyalty and time, I look forward to your prompt reply.

Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

If you're looking for a comfortable, no worries, place to stay, then the Playa is for you. It's not trendy or hip, but it is a place that will make you welcome. A short ride to Old Mazatlan and the Mercado. My only complaint is about the hard beds. Mattresses placed on a concrete base.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank bigrod52
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Manager at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 5 March 2011
To whom it may concern, (bigrod52)

Thank you so much for your positive marks on our resort, it is of extreme importance to us that service and a welcoming smile be offered to every guest that crosses our threshold, and it is very uplifting to see that it is noticed. We will definitely take into consideration your points on the "hardness" of the bed and we as well welcome any input you might have on how we can not only increase our scores to a "5" in all aspects, but as well what kind of activities and amenities we could offer that would help you feel that we are more of a "hip" place to stay.
Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of assistance in setting up your next stay as there are multiple options and level of upgrades that can be included into your package, such as "softer beds".

I in advance thank you for your time and prompt reply.

larjoy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

We have stayed at this hotel about a dozen times since 1974 and it never ceases to amaze me. Some of the staff have been there since we first visited the hotel. The staff are helpful and polite. We love the cleanliness of the hotel. It is very well maintained !!! Seems as though whenever we visited the public bathrooms, they were either being cleaned or recently had been cleaned which is important to us. Our room(Oceanview) was very clean . The shower was excellent. We stayed on the European Plan so paid for our own meals. Meals at the hotel were reasonably priced and good quality with quick service. We ate many meals at the many restaurants in the golden Zone around the hotel. We love to dance and spend most evenings in La Terazza dancing to the band. If we have one complaint , it was the plastic protector covering the mattress. It was extremely uncomfortable. The sheets would never stay tucked in and ended up in a ball beneath us. A small point but it did affect our sleep!! The beach was as usual, comfortable with many chairs to sit under the Palapas. We have never seen the hotel as empty!! One of the reasons why there were Palapas available at all times during the day. There was very few tourists this year so the shops were dead as was the restaurants in the golden Zone. There was the odd cruise that stopped in to liven things up for a few hours but it was basically dead. La Playita was closed but beach service was great. The Fiesta was not on due to low tourist volumes which was a shame. All in all , another great experience at the Playa Mazatlan. It has yet to disappoint us!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Larry C
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Manager at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 3 March 2011
To whom it may concern (larjoy),

I would like to begin by thanking you for your last 30+ years of continued loyalty to the Playa Mazatlan, as a member of the family of owners as well as the management staff it is paramount that we offer high levels of service and comfort that make you continue to come back. I really appreciate you taking the time to post a comment on trip advisor, and I promise that I will take into consideration your comments on the “Plastic covers” for our beds, offering you a quality stay and restful night is part of what we are all about and we welcome all forms of feedback on the matter.

I offer my contact information so that you may feel free to contact me direct in future for any assistance in booking your next stay. I again thank you for your time and prompt reply.

British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

The staff at the lobby welcomed us back for visit #6, when my wife and I arrived on January 7th until January21. The weather was great with temps in the 70's...cool by Mazatlan standards but a welcome break from winter in British Columbia. We noticed that the hotel was less than full vacancy, so I didn't have to get up at 4am to reserve a palapa ! The gals who clean the rooms are very hard working and honorable folks...always willing to go the extra steps to make our holiday memorable. Because there's so many great eateries within a short walking distance, we didn't do all-inclusive...besides; the walk back to the hotel is great for walking off the calories !! Have lunch at the cantina by the pool...you'll meet Roman. He's a great resource for Mazatlan information. We didn't have any trouble with bringing in a few beers to the room...for consumption in the room. Remember; if you do take it to the beach..TIP ALFREDO anyhow; that's how he makes his pay is with your tips. This was the 6th time we've been to the Playa Mazatlan and we're sure to go back again soon. Great sunsets too. You won't regret staying here. Thanks for your help, Lance.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank harryW51
To whom it may concern (harryW51),

It was a pleasure to be of service and have you back at our resort, we are sorry that the ambience was not the normal and we appreciate your understanding. I would like to personally thank you for posting a positive comment on this forum, it means a lot to us and it is of great value to other readers. We are happy to hear that we have gained a loyal guest in you and we look forward to you coming back “home” soon.

Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of assistance in the near future as I would like to make sure that we can improve our rating in the areas of value and service on your next stay. I in advance thank you for your time and prompt reply.

Best Wishes,
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at the Playa for ten days in December and we enjoyed it tremendously. The room was large and clean, the bed was very comfortable and we truly enjoyed the little balcony that overlooked the beach. The staff, particularly the concierge, were very helpful in arranging excursions for us and providing restaurant recommendations. There are three pools, plus a spa. We only used the main pool and it was clean and surprisingly warm. The adjacent cafe (not part of the hotel) had good food, reasonably priced and a charming wait staff.

We were very sorry when it came time to leave but I am certain we will be back!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tilden717
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Manager at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, 14 February 2011
To whom it may concern (tilden717),

I am writing this email in the hopes of thanking you for your kind words and taking the time to make them known on trip advisor, as well as your continued loyalty to our Hotel; as a member of the family of owners and management staff it is comments like these that make our job worthwhile. Please feel free to contact me directly in future if I can be of any form of service.

Again thank you for your time and prompt reply.